• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I believe Hush had childcare problems. I know he had PM'd me to purchase some Hulk books I had on a sales thread, and then we had discussed many more books, which he also said he would take ...I hadn't listed the rest of the Hulks I wanted to sell, because he was "taking" most of them. He did then PM me and said he had babysitting problems and I offered to take a very small deposit, about 5 percent and let him pay the rest out over a very long period. I didn't really get an answer, although he answered the PM.

He then listed on the sales thread, saying he had childcare problems. I believed him...he was very sincere...and there lies the problem...I didn't have an :takeit: in a thread...and I really did feel sorry for him...but I PM'd several times, how things were going and asking if he was still interested, he read them and never responded. I just wanted to know, if I should sell the Hulks he had wanted so much...I didn't want to sell them out from under him.

I had gotten very good feedback about him, and he really seemed genuine...

Perhaps sometimes people get embarrassed...and I understand that, too...so that's what I figured...I was going to give it a few more weeks and just list them if I didn't hear.

However, that's no excuse for not sending out art that someone paid for on a sales thread...and that is the reason I am posting this here, so you know it wasn't just a problem for Nick.

It's difficult, I don't want to not believe people, but I am disturbed about the art not being sent out.

On Ebay, I know if I don't get paid within 15 days, I shouldn't expect to...perhaps the time should be shorter.

30 days for International shipping sounds reasonable...I bought something from the VCC from Canada, and I think it took 21 days? The postmark was right on the package.

Get the hint yet guys. :cool:

Sorry to hear about Hush. He seemed like a decent fellow. Hope things work out. :wishluck:

Me too...we all know stuff happens, life doesn't always work out the way we plan...I thought he was very nice and I hope he just gets it all together.

I would like to apologize to everyone that I have been involved with in deals with over the last month or so.

I have things greater than comics going on in my life right now, and has made things very difficult for me.

However, that is no excuse for my behavior recently.

The OA is on the way as we speak, and for Flaming_Telepath, and Skypinkblu, I profoundly apologize for not being able to follow through. You are correct, I am embarassed, and that is why I have been absent of late.

I do not want or expect forgiveness, as I will probably not be around much, if at all anymore.

Again, my apologizes to all.

Joe

I would like to apologize to everyone that I have been involved with in deals with over the last month or so.

I have things greater than comics going on in my life right now, and has made things very difficult for me.

The OA is on the way as we speak, and for Flaming_Telepath, and Skypinkblu, I profoundly apologize for not being able to follow through. You are correct, I am embarassed, and that is why I have been absent of late.

I do not want or expect forgiveness, as I will probably not be around much, if at all anymore.

Joe

Joe, you could have done this in a PM...it was the lack of communication that sealed the deal as far as I was concerned.

Look, go away, sort your out, come back when you can...and we'll decide your penance at that stage, 'kay?

I've found buyers for two of the books anyway, and I'm sure the other couple will go to good homes, so no biggie.

But do come back when you've got yourself out of your current predicament. (thumbs u

Joe

Joe, you could have done this in a PM...it was the lack of communication that sealed the deal as far as I was concerned.

Look, go away, sort your out, come back when you can...and we'll decide your penance at that stage, 'kay?

I've found buyers for two of the books anyway, and I'm sure the other couple will go to good homes, so no biggie.

But do come back when you've got yourself out of your current predicament. (thumbs u

See you in a few years then..... lol

I understand the lack of communication was the deal sealer, and didnt help matters along any. I'm just a proud individual, like most, and do not like to ask for help, and that can result in trouble more often than not.

Joe

Well, it's too bad Joe...;) cause I forgive you...I'm not perfect...and I don't expect anyone else to be. Nick is right, it really was just the PMs...it's frustrating when you try to be nice and you KNOW someone has read the PM, but doesn't answer...don't know whether the person has been hit by a truck, or ...is just...not thinking cause there are other emotional or other issues going on, and they are just being a little rude.

Like I said, I believed you...and I really enjoyed our chats, so please don't disappear...

I am SO glad to see you post...now...just get your stuff together and come back, cause I've been warned yet again, I'm not allowed to hug on this board..*sniff* but I would:) Thanks again for posting, I can now trust people again:) !! (thumbs u (not that I ever really stopped;)

As far as I am concerned, this is no longer a probation issue, it's been amicably resolved.

Nick,

Thanks for the update . . . No sigs in updates, please.

10/11/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Cap FFreak

comicmankev

daken2626

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

HUSH

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

I think its time to really shorten this 30 day time period.

I think 10 days should be the max and 2 weeks for overseas :sumo:

Yup, I stated a similar sentiment some time ago.

The 30 days was arbitrary, but it is effective. The point here is not to "hang 'em high" but to give both buyers and sellers the benefit of the doubt. As we have seen, sometimes "life's little emergencies" and sometimes very big ones get in the way of a transaction being completed. You are always free to out someone as soon as you feel a deal has gone south, and communication has proven futile - that's up to you.

The "official update" format of the probation list should, however, remain at 30 days. :foryou: Updates should be made at least every two weeks and brought to the end of the thread, so the community may stay informed. Please try to limit the trash talk, as it gets difficult to wade through and provide accurate updates. :grin:

10/11/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Cap FFreak

comicmankev

daken2626

donavan74

HUSH

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

Although this is may be a good idea, I don't think that it is practical. I try and ship within a couple of days of selling a book, but it still takes at least two weeks from Canada to the U.S. via regular mail (which most buyers want). If the cutoff date is two weeks it will force me to charge all buyers for expediated service. I think four weeks is a good time period because it gives a few days to box and mail while still allowing up to three weeks for delivery (I've never had a package take longer than that).

Mike

I think proof that the book has been shipped is enough. If their is a valid tracking number that should suffice until it gets there. I mean you could mail nothing and the buyer would not know until the package arrived. At least this way you have a place holder so no one blasts you after 14 days.

I think 30 days was chosen because that's how long you have to file with Paypal.

People can post their concerns anytime before.

The 30 days was arbitrary, but it is effective. The point here is not to "hang 'em high" but to give both buyers and sellers the benefit of the doubt. As we have seen, sometimes "life's little emergencies" and sometimes very big ones get in the way of a transaction being completed. You are always free to out someone as soon as you feel a deal has gone south, and communication has proven futile - that's up to you.

The "official update" format of the probation list should, however, remain at 30 days. :foryou: Updates should be made at least every two weeks and brought to the end of the thread, so the community may stay informed. Please try to limit the trash talk, as it gets difficult to wade through and provide accurate updates. :grin:

Totally agree. This is not meant to be a "Did not provide great service thread", but to identify the real deadbeats out there. 10 days or 2 weeks is too short a timeframe to establish that someone is a real deadbeat.

Totally agree. This is not meant to be a "Did not provide great service thread", but to identify the real deadbeats out there. 10 days or 2 weeks is too short a timeframe to establish that someone is a real deadbeat.

I agree as well. 30 days seems to be a reasonable amount of time. 10 days would be crazy. I posted an :takeit: Saturday afternoon. I sent out payment via snail mail the next business day (Tuesday) He will probably recieve payment Saturday because he lives on the opposite coast. If he doesn't get it until Monday, that would just about put me on the probation list. :o

10/12/07 PROBATION UPDATE

bronzejunkie

Cap FFreak

comicmankev

daken2626

donavan74

Joker-Fish

Lighthouse

Nascar

Sid

SpiderJay300

:sumo: