• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Did you ever actually talk to Batfan (gilberto) or just received the funds through PP?

No contact whatsoever. I know of someone that tried to contact him through his myspace page with no results, and this was just a few days ago while Gilberto was online. I was willing to give him a little leeway at first but it just appears now that he took everyone's comics/money.

That's just really sad. I received the one book from him in late September, a little over a month after I paid for it. Thinking back on it, however, there were some warning signs that I should have given more credence to.

Just was reading this thread for the first time and came across this post. If anyone has found this guy would you let me know please. I have a couple of friends at Comicbookrealm that are looking for him to., on deals that he has reneged on. Got their cash and they got the silent treatment. Gilberto Torres is the name he gave over there.

Thanks

cookie1963

I suppose I'll nominate a new member......

kree-boy....bought around 20 bucks worth of junk in late December. Hasn't paid. My last 2 PM's have not been read. He hasn't posted since early December.

Sadly, he's a local Kansan....letting me down dude!!!!!

No biggie, but there ya go.

kree-boy....bought around 20 bucks worth of junk in late December. Hasn't paid. My last 2 PM's have not been read. He hasn't posted since early December.

I'll help you out on this one. I dont know if you know he was in a bad car accident and had his car totalled and his arm broken. He ended up getting an infection in his arm and was in the hospital for a whole week just a couple of weeks ago. I spoke with him on the phone a few days ago and he's just barely able to get around the house. He did mention that he was unable to do anything with comics (understandable) and that he'd get back on to work everything out. Hope that helps!

Did you ever actually talk to Batfan (gilberto) or just received the funds through PP?

No contact whatsoever. I know of someone that tried to contact him through his myspace page with no results, and this was just a few days ago while Gilberto was online. I was willing to give him a little leeway at first but it just appears now that he took everyone's comics/money.

That's just really sad. I received the one book from him in late September, a little over a month after I paid for it. Thinking back on it, however, there were some warning signs that I should have given more credence to.

Just was reading this thread for the first time and came across this post. If anyone has found this guy would you let me know please. I have a couple of friends at Comicbookrealm that are looking for him to., on deals that he has reneged on. Got their cash and they got the silent treatment. Gilberto Torres is the name he gave over there.

Thanks

cookie1963

If I hear anything on him I'll let you know.

I'll help you out on this one. I dont know if you know he was in a bad car accident and had his car totalled and his arm broken. He ended up getting an infection in his arm and was in the hospital for a whole week just a couple of weeks ago. I spoke with him on the phone a few days ago and he's just barely able to get around the house. He did mention that he was unable to do anything with comics (understandable) and that he'd get back on to work everything out. Hope that helps!

In that case, certainly understandable.

I wish him a speedy recovery and the best of luck.

In his place, I would like to nominate.....ummmm..DIVAD!!

Yeah! Just because.

Give him my best wishes when you talk to him. He's a good guy.

In that case, certainly understandable.

I wish him a speedy recovery and the best of luck.

In his place, I would like to nominate.....ummmm..DIVAD!!

Yeah! Just because.

Don't forgive him

:censored: ....bought around 20 bucks worth of junk in late December. Hasn't paid. My last 2 PM's have not been read. He hasn't posted since early December.

I perpetually owe you money, and you never even mention me :whistle:

Must be because I'm from out of state....., :sorry:

You let me down, because your last announced selling thread never happened....., :(

:censored: ....bought around 20 bucks worth of junk in late December. Hasn't paid. My last 2 PM's have not been read. He hasn't posted since early December.

You let me down, because your last announced selling thread never happened....., :(

Don't forgive him either.

:baiting:

Edited by cloudofwit

:mad: Straight up.

:mad: Straight up.

:whatthe:

clobberintime who is on probation has a selling thread up and is apparently selling books.

Is there no plenty for being on the list ? Is the list just a warning to other ? In my last sales thread he bought a book via PM. Should I not honor that transaction ?

clobberintime who is on probation has a selling thread up and is apparently selling books.

Is there no plenty for being on the list ? Is the list just a warning to other ? In my last sales thread he bought a book via PM. Should I not honor that transaction ?

I don't sell or buy from people on the probation list.

I adhere to the list. I thought the rule was that you don't do business with someone on the list until they make it up to whoever put them on there. He's still on the list, so I'd say you don't complete the transaction until he makes good on his previous deals.

If he's already paid you, I wouldn't go as far as holding the money ransom. Refund it and tell him why you're refunding it.

The list has no "legal" authority. It's just a warning to people smart enough to heed the warning.

People on the list are free to continue to transact on the boards. People are free to transact with people who are on the list.