• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Where do i vote for dekeuk?

(thumbs u

That guy still owes me for the original shipping on the Bats #428 he returned because he didn't like CGC's grading...also about $150 I lost in the 4 month delay between selling it to him and actually receiving it back because he was too cheap to pay for return shipping.

Since when were people on the Probation List NOT ALLOWED to sell?? That persons selling thread may of gotten hammered by others saying don't deal with this person because..... But they could still put a for sale thread up. As it has been stated before. Some would deal with Satan if he had the book they wanted at a good price. Or word's to that affect. There are other places to sell funny book's. My Ebay feedback is 100%. About 97% of that rating is comic book related...

Someone said your name 3 times didn't they? :ohnoez:

(thumbs u

That guy still owes me for the original shipping on the Bats #428 he returned because he didn't like CGC's grading...also about $150 I lost in the 4 month delay between selling it to him and actually receiving it back because he was too cheap to pay for return shipping.

That right there should be enough to land him on the probation list.

Since when were people on the Probation List NOT ALLOWED to sell?? That persons selling thread may of gotten hammered by others saying don't deal with this person because..... But they could still put a for sale thread up. As it has been stated before. Some would deal with Satan if he had the book they wanted at a good price. Or word's to that affect. There are other places to sell funny book's. My Ebay feedback is 100%. About 97% of that rating is comic book related...

You have no say so at all!

(thumbs u

True put him in

Since when were people on the Probation List NOT ALLOWED to sell?? That persons selling thread may of gotten hammered by others saying don't deal with this person because..... But they could still put a for sale thread up. As it has been stated before. Some would deal with Satan if he had the book they wanted at a good price. Or word's to that affect. There are other places to sell funny book's. My Ebay feedback is 100%. About 97% of that rating is comic book related... I also have 100% of my money in the bank as I commit, but never spend money. Why do that? I need to entertain you all. TAA DAAA!

You have no say so at all!

Now, now. Let's be polite.

Not referencing you, Bosco.

As regards Yannis, it is still up to the wronged party to put him on the Probation list. Unless the probation list rules change, or other people who have been wronged by Yannis step up, then he should not be on the list. Her should bot be "voted" onto the list unless the rules for the Probation list change.

As far as Frankenstein - he is accused of de-slabbing a book, having it pressed and dry cleaned and offering it raw at a higher grade. Now here is the thing. CGC does not penalize for dry cleaning or pressing. There is certainly controversy about pressing and dry cleaning but CGC does not recognize (penalize) for it. How many people here have trashed NOD? Tons. Well one of NOD's biggest shtick was insuring all members disclose any alterations they knew of, including pressing and dry cleaning. Now many here sound like former NOD members.

As far as upping the CGC grade - I would LOVE a dollar for every post on the boards whining about how variable CGC grading is. "The grader was hungover and gave a lower grade. Resub it." Or "The grader got lucky last night and was happy, yielding a higher grade. Don't resub - it may go lower." Or "If you sub the same book three times chances you might come back with three different grades."

How many times have we heard that CGC's string point is in restoration detection and how many times have we seen there grading thrown into question?

IS what Frankenstein did troubling? Indeed it is.

But at this point there is absolutely nothing in the rules that would allow either Yannis or Frankenstein to be put on either list.

The questions?

1) Can we alter the rules to incorporate such dealings? Of course we can.

2) Can we make those rules retroactive? I don't agree with that for obvious reasons.

3) Can we create that "Gray Area" where undesirable selling practitioners can be placed? I don't see why not.

Doc Frank should be in the HOS for the dirty dealing you spoke of, but even more so for the attempted cover up, failed lies, and repeated verbal abuse. If the rules preclude inclusion for that type of behavior, maybe they should amended.

I like the idea of another section of the list, but I'm not sure if it will be too unwieldy.

I do believe only Matt can put Yannis on the list, after all, I'm SURE there are lots of other transgressions that have never come to light because they were privately forgiven. I DO hope that Yannis and the buyer of Matt's book get together and Matt winds up with his property.

As for Frankenstein. I'm not sure who the injured party would be? We have a potential injured party...but Krypto saved the day there...and I'm not sure that even though I'd love to see someone who speaks to board members that way, go away...there is enough here for

the Hall of Shame. We DO have other less than pleasant people.

Perhaps a Caution Advised section is the way to go, something on the order of

Use Caution with the following people, please research prior threads regarding their transactions.

With lots of "Flee" type blinking stuff;)

As far as Frankenstein - he is accused of de-slabbing a book, having it pressed and dry cleaned and offering it raw at a higher grade. Now here is the thing. CGC does not penalize for dry cleaning or pressing. There is certainly controversy about pressing and dry cleaning but CGC does not recognize (penalize) for it. How many people here have trashed NOD? Tons. Well one of NOD's biggest shtick was insuring all members disclose any alterations they knew of, including pressing and dry cleaning. Now many here sound like former NOD members.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the book had already been pressed before slabbing - so Frank merely cracked the case, upped the grade and digitally manipulated the back cover scan to make the book look whiter ...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the book had already been pressed before slabbing - so Frank merely cracked the case, upped the grade and digitally manipulated the back cover scan to make the book look whiter ...

That's the lamest part!