• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

As much as I agree that Yannis (and Muscleshark/DRFRANKENSTEIN and Dekeuk ...) should be placed in the Hall of Shame I do also think that the only one that can put him there is the person that got the short end of the stick in that deal from hell.

And even if they do not end up in the list, it's equally important that the board never forgets who they are and they are capable of as they have zero scruples when it comes to making money and don't care who they step on to reach their target.

As much as I agree that Yannis (and Muscleshark/DRFRANKENSTEIN and Dekeuk ...) should be placed in the Hall of Shame I do also think that the only one that can put him there is the person that got the short end of the stick in that deal from hell.

And even if they do not end up in the list, it's equally important that the board never forgets who they are and they are capable of as they have zero scruples when it comes to making money and don't care who they step on to reach their target.

I completely agree with both parts. There should be some direction from the injured party and no one should forget improper actions.

Well said.

What is that little yellow peni s thing that pops up next to the young woman's head in your sig. line?

That's Bert...my man....Bert.

lol who is that women?

Gina Carano....former American Gladiator and current octagon fighter.

Not really, majority vote would work.

Well, I finished reading the whole Yannis / mt1000 TEC fiasco over in General...

I've noticed quite a few people making remarks about how the situation isn't a Probation List issue since the book has been sold and there's no way to resolve the original transaction.

It's my understanding that it becomes a Probation List issue if mt1000 choses to make it one. That the original transaction can't be completed isn't a factor. Addition to the list and removal from the list have always been at the discretion of the offended party.

There have been a number of past Probation List issues resolved without finalizing the original transaction. These involved getting a "pardon" and have usually involved the offender making a sincere public apology at the request of and to the satisfaction of the offended party. I'm sure there are other "community service" options available as well, if the offended party wanted to get creative.

I guess what I'm tryiing to say is that mt1000 shouldn't feel that he has no options regarding the Probation List simply because the original deal can't be completed.

Now the Hall of Shame, on the other hand, is a different matter. I think that's always operated on majority vote...

2c

Hall of Shame, for sure. It's the only way we'll remember this. Otherwise, it'll be forgotten in a week and the original buyer who broke no rules will still be out his book he saved and worked hard to achieve. Meanwhile the book will end up in someone's sig line as his third undercopy.

Dan

Why would Dekeuk be put on the hall of shame? What did he do?

I'm not sure how anyone can say Yannis deserves the Hall of Shame, TFL skipped out on paying for a $25,000 book, cost filter81 over a grand loss minimum, CapFreak cost Steve Borock an unknown amount by altering his work phone message causing him to lose business, Alleybat/BucOne tried to scam Vtcomics? with a Batman 1 comic never mind his recent shenanigans, Comic Supply's infractions were numerous and frequent, but 8Milemax knows all about that, no idea what the other 2 did.

No one lost money here, Yannis screwed up, at worst deserves probation, nobody was conned, Yannis refunded all monies, there may well be extenuating circumstances including a death in the family, although Yannis has at present not decided to make those details public, it is his right and he may well end on a list becuase of it, but Hall of Shame :screwy:

Why would Dekeuk be put on the hall of shame? What did he do?

From memory...

* selling vastly overgraded comics and when called out on it, saying he made a mistake and that he posted his "eBay grades" and not his "board grades".

*Spamming half the boards with "dubious investment opportunities"

*Trying to sell stupid- comic posters which he first claims were from the 70's...then after being told numerous times they were not, claiming he doesn't really know from which era they are, but that he thinks it's the 70's...relisting and relisting them, still giving false info until a board sleuth found the eBay auction where he bought them...as posters from the 1990's

And my favourite ones (for which he doesn't merit the '"list" just a swift kick in the gonads) :

*Spamming the Clink new arrivals list by deleting and then relisting his same overpriced every other day.

I'm not sure how anyone can say Yannis deserves the Hall of Shame, TFL skipped out on paying for a $25,000 book, cost filter81 over a grand loss minimum, CapFreak cost Steve Borock an unknown amount by altering his work phone message causing him to lose business, Alleybat/BucOne tried to scam Vtcomics? with a Batman 1 comic never mind his recent shenanigans, Comic Supply's infractions were numerous and frequent, but 8Milemax knows all about that, no idea what the other 2 did.

No one lost money here, Yannis screwed up, at worst deserves probation, nobody was conned, Yannis refunded all monies, there may well be extenuating circumstances including a death in the family, although Yannis has at present not decided to make those details public, it is his right and he may well end on a list becuase of it, but Hall of Shame :screwy:

How the hell am I supposed to know all about that? Do I sit there when he works?

No. Do I talk him about his job? No. I try to keep his business out of our talks. You really need to let that go.

How the hell am I supposed to know all about that? Do I sit there when he works?

No. Do I talk him about his job? No. I try to keep his business out of our talks. You really need to let that go.

Happy to dish it out, not willing to take a bit, and as for Russ/Comic supply; the company you keep helps to define you.

Happy to dish it out, not willing to take a bit, and as for Russ/Comic supply; the company you keep helps to define you.

So untrue. When I sell a book I make sure that the book is sent out asap. I just have to wonder why are you sticking up for yannis when everyone else agrees about him being on the probation list? Is he your buddy? Seems that way :whistle:

So untrue. When I sell a book I make sure that the book is sent out asap. I just have to wonder why are you sticking up for yannis when everyone else agrees about him being on the probation list? Is he your buddy? Seems that way :whistle:

No, I just think the Hall if Shame is for the worst of the worst, like your buddy Comic Supply

No, I just think the Hall if Shame is for the worst of the worst, like your buddy Comic Supply

True CS belongs there just like your buddy Yannis. What is Hall if Shame, never heard of that? Just to inform you alot of people feel the way I do. Edited by 8milemax

To anyone who doesn't understand how the Probation List & Hall of Shame works:

You have a violation, you are recommended for the Probation List by the victim. Once the Victim feels he is re-compensated, they have the option to request the perpetrator be removed from the list. They do not automatically come off.

When a perpetrator has 2 or more violations and doesn't clear them up, THEN you become eligible for the Hall of Shame. Hall of Shame isn't for first time offences. When you've achieved Hall of Shame status, you're pretty much staying there from then on.

There is no "majority vote" to put someone on the Probation List.

As for the Matt/Yannis situation:

Matt is the only one who can ask to have Yannis on the Probation List, as he is the one who has cause.

I'm neither for, nor against, Yannis being placed on the Probation List, but that's not my call; it's Matt's call and I believe he said he was okay now. He still has the option.

To anyone who doesn't understand how the Probation List & Hall of Shame works:

You have a violation, you are recommended for the Probation List by the victim. Once the Victim feels he is re-compensated, they have the option to request the perpetrator be removed from the list. They do not automatically come off.

When a perpetrator has 2 or more violations and doesn't clear them up, THEN you become eligible for the Hall of Shame. Hall of Shame isn't for first time offences. When you've achieved Hall of Shame status, you're pretty much staying there from then on.

As for the Matt/Yannis situation:

Matt is the only one who can ask to have Yannis on the Probation List, as he is the one who has cause.

I'm neither for, nor against, Yannis being placed on the Probation List, but that's not my call; it's Matt's call and I believe he said he was okay now. He still has the option.

I am pretty much with you on everything you've said.

However, I have a question as to where you came up with the part I placed in BOLD above.

I don't see the requirement of more than one offense anywhere on this thread or the main probation thread. Indeed, more than one Hall of Shame member has been placed on that list because of ONE bad transaction they have refused to rectify.

I remember where the HOS started because I was the first person to coin the term as it pertained to Herald2Galactus and Divad ran with it and started the list. HOS has always been based on public outcry and NOT just the wishes of the wronged party. I was never ripped off by Herald2Galactus but I suggested it anyway, and enough people agreed that there he resides today.

The rest of what you posted I agree with.

Case in point: TFL

I believe he only needed one offensive to be deemed shame worthy.

I'm in no way advocating anything here. Probation list or Hall of Shame pretty much means the same to those who know of both. If you're on either list you are a bad egg and should be avoided. Until Mark requests the inclusion of Yannis to the list it doesn't matter anyways.

Edited by Boboset