• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

RMA is many things. Humorless is not one of them. He is an arguing honey badger. Nothing stops him from attacking and eating the cobra that is your argument. You may think of your argument as nothing more than offhand comment, or a throwaway statement.

But it isn't. It is a cobra to be devoured, even if the cobra's venom may knock the honey badger out for a while. Pretty soon, that damn honey badger is back up gnawing on that cobra.

RMA is many things. Humorless is not one of them. He is an arguing honey badger. Nothing stops him from attacking and eating the cobra that is your argument. You may think of your argument as nothing more than offhand comment, or a throwaway statement.

But it isn't. It is a cobra to be devoured, even if the cobra's venom may knock the honey badger out for a while. Pretty soon, that damn honey badger is back up gnawing on that cobra.

"arguing honey badger"!!! :roflmao:

Take a breath RMA :lol:

I'm at work, I'll see you when I get home. (thumbs u Although, I forgot how pointless, albiet entertaining, it is to argue with you.

I don't want to say anything offensive to you and lose the respect of a lot of members. :lol:

I was actually reading through some old threads and you know your stuff. Your problem is you're humorless and take yourself way to seriously. Lighten up my good dude. It makes everything much more enjoyable.

You continue to demonstrate just how little you really know or understand about much of anything that happens around here, but act as if you do.

My prediction stands.

As far as HOS, as was stated they are in by Majority Vote. Should an HOS member return, make amends and demonstrate a real change in their direction, I can see a majority vote getting them out. Does anyone object to that?

Yay.

I'll take it.

Whether it was $25,000 paid or $25,000 committed, it was a $25,000 transaction. Trying to dice that up just to make it less impactful is now just arguing to argue.

Um. No, it's actually presenting the facts as they ARE, not misstated to make it appear more serious than it actually is.

Now if we were in a court of law, and trying to determine what level of compensation should be awarded based on what was really paid versus promised, then I see the reason. We are talking about a dollar amount involved in a board transaction, and what payout the seller was expecting from the buyer.

There is no intent to mislead with mentioning $25,000 was involved.

When you don't put it in context, people are misled all the same, intentionally or not. Context matters.

I guess I haven't been exposed to his Carlin side. (shrug)

Not everything needs to be a battle. Not everything is an attack. Not everything needs his higher moral order. Not everything needs his opinion. Not everything is about RMA.

I guess I haven't been exposed to his Carlin side. (shrug)

Not everything needs to be a battle. Not everything is an attack. Not everything needs his higher moral order. Not everything needs his opinion. Not everything is about RMA.

Not everything needs to be a battle. Not everything is an attack. Not everything needs his higher moral order. Not everything needs his opinion. Not everything is about Mikenyc88.

See how easy that is to say...?

See how invalid it is, no matter WHO it's said about?

Unrestrained hyperbole demonstrates a very weak position.

You continue to demonstrate how clueless you are about things around here.

Whether it was $25,000 paid or $25,000 committed, it was a $25,000 transaction. Trying to dice that up just to make it less impactful is now just arguing to argue.

Um. No, it's actually presenting the facts as they ARE, not misstated to make it appear more serious than it actually is.

Now if we were in a court of law, and trying to determine what level of compensation should be awarded based on what was really paid versus promised, then I see the reason. We are talking about a dollar amount involved in a board transaction, and what payout the seller was expecting from the buyer.

When you don't put it in context, people are misled all the same, intentionally or not. Context matters.

So you feel the intent was to mislead everyone, and yet when TFL was being run off the board for his $25,000 mistake it was clearly stated the amount involved $25,000?

Interesting. Pointless, but interesting to see how wrapped-around-the-axle you are letting yourself get over this.

Sorry you are having a hard time comprehending the intent appropriately, and assuming mistakenly it was to mislead.

So you feel the intent was to mislead everyone,

Nope. Didn't say anything remotely like that. You misstated it to appear more serious than it was, but knowing you, you didn't do it to mislead. I'm sure you actually believed what you wrote. Subtle distinction, but there nonetheless. Thank you for the opportunity to clarify it. :)

and yet when TFL was being run off the board for his $25,000 mistake it was clearly stated the amount involved involved $25,000 total?

Interesting. Pointless, but interesting to see how wrapped-around-the-axle you are letting yourself get over this.

Wrapped-around-the-axle?

What is it with you guys and your incessent need for hyperbole that totally overblows the actual situation? No one is "wrapped-around-an-axle." You misstated something. You were corrected. Simple.

Now, you want to talk about wrapped-around-the-axle, shall I discuss the points value of a Primer #6 in the registry....?

Sorry you are having a hard time comprehending the intent appropriately, and assuming mistakenly it was to mislead.

You are again wrong. As stated above, I wasn't questioning your intent at all. You made a mistake. You were corrected.

Easy cheesy.

Great!! Now I have a taste for honey badger, and gol'dammed "Honey Badger & Waffles House" is closed due to health code violations related to the proprietor not knowing that "tossed salad" has two distinctly different meanings.

Damn you Fingh!!!! :frustrated:

By declaring my cluelessness you validate your omnipotence? Your narcissism blinds you to the reality of your demeanor.

My yearning for acceptance, my limited knowledge of these boards, my hyperbole, what about you. Do you fail to recognize that you are a pompous bloviator who thinks that by typing something it becomes gospel? You pick and choose what part of an argument to attack. You take the moral highground and criticize others for their honesty when I can assure you you are full of .

I know what's to follow. You'll quote random things I say, ask me to show you examples, say that I'm a phony blah, blah, blah. Maybe you can try some introspective exercises. I get it, you can't see those affectations that turn others off, but try to think a little about RMA. Lord knows you think everyone else does.

And believe you me I know I'm not eveyones cup of tea, but like it or not I'm me.

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

I win every argument by not arguing.

wargames.jpg

Irony. :cloud9:

I don't purport to be anything different. At least I'm honest with myself. (shrug)

You continue to demonstrate your cluelessness about this board, its inhabitants, or pretty much anything having to do with social interaction. You continue to state things that are false, betraying not only your lack of knowledge, but also your obstinate unwillingness to educate yourself.

My prediction stands.

I win every argument by not arguing.

wargames.jpg

You are epic WIN.