• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

My 2c on this.

Trey sold a PGX book without revealing it.

Joey bought the book and received it in the slab.

Joey decided to remove the book from the slab to "enjoy at some future time".

After the subsequent issues regarding feedback etc already outlined, nominations for the PL begin. Trey nominates Joey and Joey nominates Trey.

Had Joey NOT taken the book out of the slab, had he returned it for a refund on the basis it was a PGX book THAT would be a valid case. But he accepted the book and unslabbed it for his own use.

Both sides here have some culpability.

This may be best served by Arch making a decision for strike(s) if he deems so.

Trey should either be placed on the probation list or given a suspension for selling a PGX book. Anything after that is moot.

I agree with moderator action being the remedy for selling a PGX book outside the clearly stated rules of the forum. However, that's a mod action not a mob action. lol (see what I did there?)

Anyway...

As for probation list, there must be another reason aside from it simply being a PGX book. Something like overtly lying about the book, or refusing a refund of the book if returned in the same condition sent, or something else I may have missed during Friday Night Drama-Con 2011.

If the beef was just for being a PGX book then it could have been remedied as soon as the buyer saw that it was a PGX book, if indeed, that was the reason for the angst. It doesn't seem like the fact that the book was PGX is the reason we are still talking about this.

If that's true, then we need to stop talking about the fact that the book was PGX and let the moderators handle that transgression in the established and appropriate way

Then we can get down to the actual, factual and clearly enumerated reasons why or why not the probation list is the proper place for this seller based on the details of this transaction.

Right now it feels like everyone is talking about PGX and only PGX and, based on what I am seeing, it's clouding and distracting from figuring out what (if any) actual probation list transgressions may have occurred.

He lied about the book being a PGX book. Joey could have returned the book, but chose not make an issue out of it, as he has a childhood fondness for the book, until he was pressed for positive feedback.

My 2c on this.

After the subsequent issues regarding feedback etc already outlined, nominations for the PL begin. Trey nominates Joey and Joey nominates Trey.

Had Joey NOT taken the book out of the slab, had he returned it for a refund on the basis it was a PGX book THAT would be a valid case. But he accepted the book and unslabbed it for his own use.

Trey should either be placed on the probation list or given a suspension for selling a PGX book. Anything after that is moot.

I agree with moderator action being the remedy for selling a PGX book outside the clearly stated rules of the forum. However, that's a mod action not a mob action. lol (see what I did there?)

Anyway...

As for probation list, there must be another reason aside from it simply being a PGX book. Something like overtly lying about the book, or refusing a refund of the book if returned in the same condition sent, or something else I may have missed during Friday Night Drama-Con 2011.

If the beef was just for being a PGX book then it could have been remedied as soon as the buyer saw that it was a PGX book, if indeed, that was the reason for the angst. It doesn't seem like the fact that the book was PGX is the reason we are still talking about this.

If that's true, then we need to stop talking about the fact that the book was PGX and let the moderators handle that transgression in the established and appropriate way

Then we can get down to the actual, factual and clearly enumerated reasons why or why not the probation list is the proper place for this seller based on the details of this transaction.

Right now it feels like everyone is talking about PGX and only PGX and, based on what I am seeing, it's clouding and distracting from figuring out what (if any) actual probation list transgressions may have occurred.

He lied about the book being a PGX book. Joey could have returned the book, but chose not make an issue out of it, as he has a childhood fondness for the book, until he was pressed for positive feedback.

I completely missed the original sales thread, was he selling it as a CGC slab? or as a slabbed copy leading buyers to believe it was CGC?

My 2c on this.

Anyway...

I completely missed the original sales thread, was he selling it as a CGC slab? or as a slabbed copy leading buyers to believe it was CGC?

The thread's gone now, but it's my understanding that the scans obfuscated the label, and when called on the fact that it was a PGX comic, he made with the coyness.

My 2c on this.

Anyway...

The thread's gone now, but it's my understanding that the scans obfuscated the label, and when called on the fact that it was a PGX comic, he made with the coyness.

:cloud9: obfuscated

He had two scans of the book, front and back, I believe. The scans showed a graded (slabbed) book but were cropped so one could not read the label. When asked about the book being PGX, he avoided answering and told people if they weren't interested in purchasing the book then move along.

i believe the second post in the sales thread questioned if it was PGX or not... then Trey said to move along... and it was sold prior to the end of the 1st page... not sure why Joey picked up the book when it was already in question.... however Trey did crop out the label and would not state whether it was PGX or not to clear it up... the rules state no PGX books to be sold in the sales forum... I don't believe I have ever seen a case where someone else was selling a PGX book that didn't get hammered by the boards... so I have no idea what Trey is talking about... as for all the mob jumping on board... once you start threatening like a 2yo any and everyone... you have just opened yourself up for whatever you get... is this specific incident PL worthy?... I wouldn't think so... by itself... anyways my 2 cents worth... and just another seller to be cautious of... have a happy day~ jesse

i believe the second post in the sales thread questioned if it was PGX or not... then Trey said to move along... and it was sold prior to the end of the 1st page... not sure why Joey picked up the book when it was already in question.... however Trey did crop out the label and would not state whether it was PGX or not to clear it up... the rules state no PGX books to be sold in the sales forum... I don't believe I have ever seen a case where someone else was selling a PGX book that didn't get hammered by the boards... so I have no idea what Trey is talking about... as for all the mob jumping on board... once you start threatening like a 2yo any and everyone... you have just opened yourself up for whatever you get... is this specific incident PL worthy?... I wouldn't think so... by itself... anyways my 2 cents worth... and just another seller to be cautious of... have a happy day~ jesse

one someone asked him in the sales thread if was in a slab, his response was "i never said it was in a slab". thats what i rmember; i might be wrong

My 2c on this.

(thumbs u

one someone asked him in the sales thread if was in a slab, his response was "i never said it was in a slab". thats what i rmember; i might be wrong

you could be right... i read the thread fast and finished just before they pulled it :)

you could be right... i read the thread fast and finished just before they pulled it :)

That's right, in fact I quoted that very same line just to be sure he wouldn't delete it from his thread. But now of course the whole thread was nuked doh!

My 2c on this.

(thumbs u

If being stupid enough to buy a book from Trey is enough fodder to add me to the PL feel free to do so.