• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think the red flag is not being able to get in touch with the seller after after being paid.

How quickly would you expect a reply?

My personal opinion would be 3-4 days at most. I know people leave on weekend jaunts and all that, but if you're selling something on the boards, it should be your responsibility to maintain contact with your buyers as soon as possible. That's just being courteous and responsible.

I think the red flag is not being able to get in touch with the seller after after being paid.

The red flag may be that timesthepain was discussed here in this thread as having problems with a transaction. The Seller may have shut the deal down on that basis. I am not suggesting that is the case, or that such an action is warranted. However, it is a little too much of a coincidence that the Seller has potentially put him on Ignore.

How quickly would you expect a reply?

When conducting a transaction, i would assume quite quickly, unless other arrangements were made (going out of town, internet will be off, workibg a 48 hour shift...etc)

lol

Ok. Non-committal.

Depending on the number of emails there is not always a reason to respond. Also nobody can expect an answer from anyone within 24 hours unless that is clearly defined ahead of time. Personally I usually respond the following day if a response is required at all.

Nominating Webhead1981 for the probation list.

Posted for a book in my thread on 7/10. We have had some PM exchanges but he has not made any payment nor does he seem willing to make any attempt to. He has been notified of the nomination.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=5838059&Searchpage=2&Main=264216&Words=silverweb&topic=0&Search=true#Post5838059

Webhead1981 paid me on 9-16 and I have shipped him his book. He may be removed from the Probation list.

Posted for a book in my thread on 7/10. We have had some PM exchanges but he has not made any payment nor does he seem willing to make any attempt to. He has been notified of the nomination.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=5838059&Searchpage=2&Main=264216&Words=silverweb&topic=0&Search=true#Post5838059

Webhead1981 paid me on 9-16 and I have shipped him his book. He may be removed from the Probation list.

I love to hear good news. :applause:

This is the good kind of "shrinkage"! :blush:

lol

Ok. Non-committal.

I'm actually gonna see if I can develop that ability much like RMA perfecting the emoticon responses.

Unless it doesn't suit me for a particular thread, such as a sales thread or WTB thread, then a non-committal response would not be very beneficial.

Just a follow up on Austin, Excellsior1986. I put in a Paypal dispute and he never responded. They are refunding my 62 bucks.

I'm much more pissed off that I didn't get that awesome cover reproduction. Hope he is ok and just being a dooshking.

Just a follow up on Austin, Excellsior1986. I put in a Paypal dispute and he never responded. They are refunding my 62 bucks.

I'm much more pissed off that I didn't get that awesome cover reproduction. Hope he is ok and just being a dooshking.

Hate that for you Mike. hey at least that $62 is coming back right?