• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I know this makes am a :preach: and EVERYONE eventually ends up saying this seemingly but DAMN the quality of noobs has dropped of late! meh

I would say they started taking a downward spiral some time around 2/28/12

:eyeroll:

No, you aren't legally bound to buy it. You are just a doosch that nobody would want to deal with at that point. I dont think anyone is saying this noob is legally bound to sell the book. they are saying what he did was wrong and he isnt someone most people would want to deal with at this point.

Go into a store and spend some time with a salesman and agree on a price and when he goes to ring it up, walk out and say "nope, sorry changed my mind".

Then, go back the next day and ask the same salesman to show you something else and see if he wants to deal with you again.

lol *spoon* you!

New member sends pm asking if i will take x and y for z. I say sure, but throw a takeit in my sales thread, which is done.

Seller later says he found one for x, and backs out.

Then starts new wtb thread for another book while posting a for sale thread on item in his ebay.

Worthy of nomination?

yep (thumbs u

As soon as the buyer posted the :takeit: in your sales thread it's a done deal. Out the bastich. :sumo:

the member is timesthepain.

Oh hang on - this guy is PM'ing me about a Peter Panzerfaust 9.8 and agreed a price with me.

Is anyone else in the same boat as the OS or is this a one-off?

Well, he posted the takeit, told me he was at the docotrs, would send payment in an hour, only to withdraw 6 hours later. And the kicker was that he offered me cash and a ashcan that was selling in his ebay whichhe got chastise about try to sell on the boards at the same tume.

Well, he posted the takeit, told me he was at the docotrs, would send payment in an hour, only to withdraw 6 hours later. And the kicker was that he offered me cash and a ashcan that was selling in his ebay whichhe got chastise about try to sell on the boards at the same tume.

He offered me cash and a trade as well, but I wouldn't take any cash until the book was in hand so he's done nothing wrong to me as yet,unless it was the same book he tried to buy off you.

Up to you if you want to nominate for probation.

If he does the same to me,I will as well, but as I said, upto now,everythings been ok.

If he does the same to me,I will as well, but as I said, upto now,everythings been ok.

...or you could let him know that you're aware that's he's pulled out of a deal in a probation worthy manner prior to coming your way & tell him he needs to clear the air on backing out of that deal first before you'll deal with him.

Whatever Andy and Jake agree on works but unfortunately this is something that people unfamiliar with the trade etiquette on the boards are likely to run into. In some cases, rather than run people like this off the boards - maybe we need a probation list wrist slap...

edit - maybe outing people's behaviour here and getting on everyone's private 'do not buy lists', regardless of PL nomination outcome, is the wrist slap

Edited by bababooey

...or you could let him know that you're aware that's he's pulled out of a deal in a probation worthy manner prior to coming your way & tell him he needs to clear the air on backing out of that deal first before you'll deal with him.

Whatever Andy and Jake agree on works but unfortunately this is something that people unfamiliar with the trade etiquette on the boards are likely to run into. In some cases, rather than run people like this off the boards - maybe we need a probation list wrist slap...

This whole discussion thread, and the three day grace period, are the wrist slap as far as I'm concerned. It's enough time to apologize your way out of it, or make amends.

EDIT: And don't forget, being on the PL does not have to be a permanent thing. Make it right and you get yourself off. :blush:

Edited by Speedy-D

edit - maybe outing people's behaviour here and getting on everyone's private 'do not buy lists', regardless of PL nomination outcome, is the wrist slap

Done as you have advised.

He makes it right by Jake before he buys my book.

I feel like a martyr now without the painful bits..lol

New member sends pm asking if i will take x and y for z. I say sure, but throw a takeit in my sales thread, which is done.

Then starts new wtb thread for another book while posting a for sale thread on item in his ebay.

Worthy of nomination?

yep (thumbs u

As soon as the buyer posted the :takeit: in your sales thread it's a done deal. Out the bastich. :sumo:

YOUFOUNDJAKE, I am very sorry, I realize that I made a grave mistake. I will do whatever is neccessary to remedy the situation. I hereby publicly acknowledge that I did do what YOUFOUNDJAKE claims, let me know what needs to be done and it will be so. Also, I promise I will never let this happen again. -jimi

Worthy of nomination?

yep (thumbs u

YOUFOUNDJAKE, I am very sorry, I realize that I made a grave mistake. I will do whatever is neccessary to remedy the situation. I hereby publicly acknowledge that I did do what YOUFOUNDJAKE claims, let me know what needs to be done and it will be so. Also, I promise I will never let this happen again. -jimi

Can't get fairer than that.

:golfclap: :golfclap:

Go into a store and spend some time with a salesman and agree on a price and when he goes to ring it up, walk out and say "nope, sorry changed my mind".

Then, go back the next day and ask the same salesman to show you something else and see if he wants to deal with you again.

Can't tell you how often this happens with my clients. When you're in sales long enough, you learn to never get your hopes up until its paid for. Even then, they can return it after being paid...which is the worst!

Worthy of nomination?

yep (thumbs u

Can't get fairer than that.

:golfclap: :golfclap:

+1

Nice to see someone who wants to be part of the community and admit a mistake, without all the freak-out and drama. Good on TTP.

I'm driving through the mountains now, could lose signal any moment. Hopefully YOUFOUNDJAKE accepts my apology and subsequent offer to repair our relationship but I wont have service for a couple of hours.

Apology accepted and thanks for the offer to make it right.

We both learned from this experience.

so campbelljh3 changed his board name to Soup1998 hm

he must really believe that people here won't catch on to his b.s. :eyeroll:

:facepalm:

and all the while trying to drum up support to his position in the walking dead 101 ghost variant thread in the modern section doh!

:facepalm: