• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So my look on it is that yes this could have been resolved if you would have read your dispute instead of failing to respond to it requesting images from myself and Paypal. And no I did not respond to your email because why would I respond when you had already escalted it to Paypal without even providing any evidence of damage to the book. Any buyer or seller knows if you claim that there is damage to an item if you include that damage in your response a seller will get in touch with you to work the matter out. So if you felt the damage was that bad when you received it why could you not have included images with your email showing the damage. Because anyone can get mad because the item is not what they want and send a seller an email stating that there is damage but how does a seller know without any proof.

People always want to come back to sellers claiming it is their responsiblity to be honest and up front, but anyone who deals on here or any site online knows that there are millions of cases were buyers have buyers remorse about what they purchased and just expect to send a seller something saying that the item is damaged and the seller to refund their whole purchase price without any proof of the damages.

People always want to come back to sellers claiming it is their responsiblity to be honest and up front, but anyone who deals on here or any site online knows that there are millions of cases were buyers have buyers remorse about what they purchased and just expect to send a seller something saying that the item is damaged and the seller to refund their whole purchase price without any proof of the damages.

But this isn't other sites and why be okay with being put on the probation list for $50? I've had to eat a few dollars here myself but I've made a few in the long run. I don't think either of you are at fault but the buyers not happy so refund his money, get the book back and move on. It's not worth the $50.

He did provide proof of the damages - he showed pictures. And those "spine ticks" actually look like finger bends which can easily be pressed out. So I think your best bet would be to take the book back and issue a refund.

Ill just leave it at this if the moderators want to put me on the probation list that is fine. I stand behind principle it is funny how people say he provided images of damages but everyone wants to not see it has been in his possession for 33 days and this is the first images to surface of the damages through the whole dispute process, etc.

Ill just leave it at this if the moderators want to put me on the probation list that is fine. I stand behind principle it is funny how people say he provided images of damages but everyone wants to not see it has been in his possession for 33 days and this is the first images to surface of the damages through the whole dispute process, etc.

I don't know either of you, but IMO you are not making a strong case for yourself. So what if he didn't provide images before -- you have them now.

You've said a couple of times that the buyer 'could have' damaged the book. Did you examine the back of the book for spine cracks when you graded it as 9.6/9.8 quality?

You admit to not responding to me so how could I have sent you pics. I am a huge JSC collector and you knew this before my purchase. I made it clear this was for my personal collection and asked for condition.

With no response from your end I had to open a dispute to try and get you to respond. Instead of responding to me you escalate it to a paypal claim and still do not contact me directly. Even after the claim ended you never contacted me and so now I went this route to inform on the boards.

You also accuse me of maybe damaging it myself or having buyers remorse and I assure you that neither is the case. I received it in this condition and simply feel cheated. Since you don't want to work this out I feel cheated and want to make other board members aware of our transaction.

However this can easily be put behind us but you are refusing to work this out still. You have pics of the damage and are now finally responding. Lets just work this out.

Edited by CollecDestination

"I would have gladly done that but I heard nothing from you until I made the paypal dispute 6 weeks later."

OK correct me if I am wrong people you claim the dispute was made 6 weeks later. You received the item according to USPS on the 10th of September and you opened the claim through paypal on 09/23/2012. Last time I checked there are 7 days in a week and if that was the case, the case would not have been opened until according to you 42 days later.

Also from my response to your claim on Paypal.

"At no time did they send images showing damages they claim"

"Which the complaint with book even has changed since original contact from being "horrible spine stress on the back cover" to claim stating the book as "badly beat up comic book", which are two separate descriptions of what buyer claims is issue but never provided proof of any of it by images, etc."

That shows it was mentioned twice about providing images twice in your claim with paypal.

And as far as your images it is kind of odd now since the book has been in your possession and the whole paypal dispute process was decided in my favor, these images with current dates show up, this is pulled straight from your image files."

Image: 002_zps1483a1e2.jpg

Date take: 10/12/2012 - 10:04 pm

Camera Make: SONY

Camera Model: DSC - P93

Image: 001_zpsd9a81dcb.jpg

Date taken: 10/12/2012 - 10:03 pm

Camera Make: SONY

Camera Model: DSC - P93

Then another issue is your statement in your probation listing:

"Somehow that's enough for paypal even after the pictures"

Which implies even though you say in your last post Paypal says they didnt need pics you did submit them.

To answer your question i had statements I was willing to provide to paypal that there were no defects in the books when it left my possession because I have someone else helping me double check books before they go out for anything I might miss and this is because of issues I have had in the past when selling on Ebay where items left me in condition they were described and ended up damaged by the USPS.

Edited by longshot975

I just took those pictures last night. You still never responded after the claim or anything. I saw that you listed more items in the sale section and wanted others to see the condition of book you sent me.

I had already figured I was stuck with this book and just wanted to inform other board members so this doesn't happen to them.

You've said a couple of times that the buyer 'could have' damaged the book. Did you examine the back of the book for spine cracks when you graded it as 9.6/9.8 quality?

The seller states in the sales thread, " All books appear to be in VF-Nm condition (images are for people to see and grade the books for themselves)

:facepalm: Kind of tough with no back cover scan.

Second, why would you tell the buyer a different grade from what you advertised?

Regardless, this should have been resolved between the two of you. Most of us offer full refunds on anything we sale on here, period.

The seller states in the sales thread, " All books appear to be in VF-Nm condition (images are for people to see and grade the books for themselves)

Second, why would you tell the buyer a different grade from what you advertised?

Regardless, this should have been resolved between the two of you. Most of us offer full refunds on anything we sale on here, period.

That's exactly why I asked about the grade before purchase. No picture of the back and VF-NM to me is a huge range. I wanted to make sure it was in a grade I could live with. It's obvious he still doesn't want to work this out.

No I am done and it is what it is, you could have asked at anytime for other images of back as a matter of fact the purchaser of the item in that listing did themselves and that was provided to them.

I would have worked something out with someone if they would have come to me right and gave me room to work, you did none of the above.

you never provided images of damages until now.

You never contacted me again after that first email, waiting a week to open the paypal dispute,

Then 16 days after the dispute is closed in my favor you go to place this on the Probation List. Without any other contact in that time.

You didn't get what you wanted when you went the normal path, so instead you set out to go on here and disgrace a seller because they did not do what you wanted when you wanted. I have sold on here for a while and all my other buyers have been happy and left positive feedback and some even quoted as grade being on par. So you will eventually have one bad seed in the bunch and you appear to be that bad apple.

So my others buyers have been happy with no issues, and you will not give up until I say here is your money back in full no matter what, that has already been shown.

So I am done it is what it is and if I get on probation list for one person taking matters as high as they can until they get what they want so be it.

And your own statement from your previous post shows this

"I just took those pictures last night. You still never responded after the claim or anything. I saw that you listed more items in the sale section and wanted others to see the condition of book you sent me.

I had already figured I was stuck with this book and just wanted to inform other board members so this doesn't happen to them."

Which shows that was your intent all along, because by that statement itself it shows if I never would have listed anything again I would not have heard another word from you, but since I did you wanted to be sure you were heard and run what little reputation someone has.

So in that I am ending it and if the moderators want to place someone on Probation after all the facts are looked at, that's fine but I refuse to give in to someone who evidently wants his way and will do whatever he can to get it.

Peace Out

No whats sad is a buyer would let someone else that has a vendetta to get their way run them off when the seller has nothing else but good feedback from other buyers. And honestly some say its $50.00 so what, it is not $50.00 to start with its $58.00 and all I do if I do give in to this buyer who has went the other avenues and been denied what he is demanding, is tell buyers in the future that hey I'll take whatever back no matter what happens to the item when it leaves my hand. And hey you can spend $100.00 and decide you don't want it and Ill say ok. That is why so many big companies in this country have went under and millions lost their jobs because of a very loose return policy such as this.

That's exactly why I asked about the grade before purchase. No picture of the back and VF-NM to me is a huge range. I wanted to make sure it was in a grade I could live with. It's obvious he still doesn't want to work this out.

I'm not following this. Your right about VF - NM being a huge range. That's an o.k. way to grade if your selling dollar books or low grade stuff. But if no B.C. scan was provided and you weren't sure of the grade, why did you buy it?

Did you ask the seller about his refund policy before your purchase. These are all things to look for in a sellers sales thread before purchasing. Not that it would solve this problem now, but to avoid problems with later purchases regardless of where.

Edited by DR.X