• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I know the probation list is for board transactions and not transactions that take place on ebay but I really do not care right now because I am pissed. Last Monday I sold all of my Capullo/Snyder signed Batman issues and out of the 11 or so auctions I ended up with one non paying bidder. Cut to this morning and I get an email from said bidder stating

Hi there, I won your auction. I thought i had the funds but I'm having trouble finding the funds to pay for the auction. Please cancel the transaction if you can and you will get your ebay fees back.

Thanks

- daydreamer13

I already opened a case with eBay so I reply to them that the case is open and I will get my fees back once eBay makes a ruling.

Tonight I go and look at the items that daydreamer13 has up for sale and I see this Batman 4 CGC SS 9.6 variant that belongs to Sleeper13 as you can see here.

So apparently he does not have the funds to pay for an auction that he won as of this morning even though he was selling Bedlam variants all weekend. Like I said, it really pissed me off when I found out my eBay deadbeat was a board member.

Not true. The PL is for transactions between boardies, whether or not they occur on the boards.

What BS. Who bids for an item, wins it and then says "Well sorry I thought I had the money, but I don't."

Then just acts like it is no big deal "Just go ahead and cancel it so you can get your fees back, have a good day."

I would be pissed too. I would say this is definitely probation list worthy.

I know the probation list is for board transactions and not transactions that take place on ebay but I really do not care right now because I am pissed. Last Monday I sold all of my Capullo/Snyder signed Batman issues and out of the 11 or so auctions I ended up with one non paying bidder. Cut to this morning and I get an email from said bidder stating

Hi there, I won your auction. I thought i had the funds but I'm having trouble finding the funds to pay for the auction. Please cancel the transaction if you can and you will get your ebay fees back.

Thanks

- daydreamer13

I already opened a case with eBay so I reply to them that the case is open and I will get my fees back once eBay makes a ruling.

Tonight I go and look at the items that daydreamer13 has up for sale and I see this Batman 4 CGC SS 9.6 variant that belongs to Sleeper13 as you can see here.

So apparently he does not have the funds to pay for an auction that he won as of this morning even though he was selling Bedlam variants all weekend. Like I said, it really pissed me off when I found out my eBay deadbeat was a board member.

we are so close and you couldnt offer that batman #4 to me?!?! i nominate you for the probation list :sorry:

Thanks

- daydreamer13

Seems PL worthy to me. The "I bid but, oops, ain't got the money to pay you, oh well" backout really grinds my gears. It is not a seller's responsibility to tend to buyer's remorse. I've purchased many things when soon afterwards I realized it wasn't a wise purchase or I overextended myself or whatever but I never make that the seller's problem.

No, I messaged him about it and then just decided to cancel it. No use dealing with it or him so I offered it to the 2nd highest bidder.

It certainly was not an acceptable thing to do, reneging on his bids, but

since you sold the book, how would he make amends to you so he can get off the probation list?

No, I messaged him about it and then just decided to cancel it. No use dealing with it or him so I offered it to the 2nd highest bidder.

It certainly was not an acceptable thing to do, reneging on his bids, but

since you sold the book, how would he make amends to you so he can get off the probation list?

In the past, it has been suggested that the PL person engage in a given number of successful transactions to be removed. It seems a little "chicken-egg" to me.

Hi all,

The person that Darrel has been talking about is me.

I bid on his Batman 11 CGC 9.8 with every intention to pay for it but with NYCC coming up decided to pay for it after the convention.

It turns out as many of you know that I ended up spending way more than I intended and was short on funds.

Yes I did sell a couple books, but yes i also had prior obligations to cover.

I sent Darrel an email asking if he would mind cancelling the transaction.

His response was that a non payers with ebay had already been submitted and he would get his fees back.

He pm'ed me this morning and again I profusely apologized to him offering to at first make it up to him and then I told him that i would try to come up with funds to to buy the book before the non bidders alert was due which is this thursday.

Now I'm not sure what to do if this book has sold to the second bidder.

Neil

Below is the exchange I've been having with him this morning.

I've been nothing but apologetic but he's shown more interest in dragging me through the mud then working it out.... (shrug)

I'm open to suggestions.

Figured out you are daydreamer13 on eBay. Glad to know that my one non paying bidder was a board member.

#3754212 - Today at 07:55 AM Re: Batman 11 you won

sleeper13 sleeper13

Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Sorry about that sir. It's totally my fault and I should have contacted you earlier.

I thought I had the funds and just ran out after this weekend in nycc. Basically poor planning on my part.

If its the eBay fees I can just make it up to you.

Thanks again for finding me and I'm hoping we can work something out.

#3754228 - Today at 08:11 AM Re: Batman 11 you won

sleeper13 sleeper13

Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Hi Darrel,

I will do my best to scrounge up enough funds before your non paying bidder thing closes before Thursday.

I'm typically not like this. I just extended myself more than I had planned.

Thanks in advance for understanding.

Neil

#3754467 - Today at 10:53 AM Re: Batman 11 you won

Darrell F Darrell F

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Marietta, GA Just accept the cancel I guess. It is not worth dealing with. I have offered it to the 2nd highest bidder.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=54096

Darrell,

Ole Neil is a pretty good guy. I've dealt with him many times in the past... don't know his reasons for bidding then canceling, thats btw you and him.

I can understand why you might feel shafted, but try to let Neil make amends as I feel that in dealing with him in the past, hes a good joe.

Maybe if he offered to pay the $ difference between his declined winning bid and the winning 2nd bidders bid... that would be enough to appease any wrong you feel... especially since you would be making the same higher amount of $ had Neil actually purchased it.

I'm not justifying anyone's actions here... just offering a solution to keep two good boardies happy.

He out bid the next guy by 2.50 so I don't care about that and honestly I dont care if he goes on the probation list or not. I am done with the situation. Don't put him on the list and let this just serve as a warning for all I care.

Did the 2nd highest bidder agree to purchase it?

Not yet but I would rather relist it at this point if the 2nd highest does not want to buy it. Like I said, I never actually asked for him to go on the list since I didn't even think it was possible for an eBay transaction. I was venting last night so let it sit here and serve as a warning for people dealing with him in the future.

Did the 2nd highest bidder agree to purchase it?

Not yet but I would rather relist it at this point if the 2nd highest does not want to buy it. Like I said, I never actually asked for him to go on the list since I didn't even think it was possible for an eBay transaction. I was venting last night so let it sit here and serve as a warning for people dealing with him in the future.

I don't have an opinion but just based on Darrell's avatar logo, i'm going to disagree with him :baiting::grin: