• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I didn't think that is why people attacked RMA.

I would just like to say that it is a persons choice to sell to people on the PL.

I don't understand why Kitson isn't on the HOS yet and I really think the discussion should end at this point. 2c

It's just one reason. And being a little doucherag isn't enough to get you on the HoS.

Right, HoS is obviously not applicable in this case.

I'm STILL trying to find where RMA was attacked... by anyone (shrug)

He hasn't been other than some immature responses from the buyer.

Take the money and let it die. Give up the cross, we need the wood.

*sigh*

Indeed, *sigh* RMA will sell to PL folks, keep sticking up for him. The BUYER already said he would BUY the book in question. :eyeroll:

The buyer's a little person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and deserves nothing, and no one should be sticking up for him, no matter how much they may disagree with RMA.

I like RMA, so it bugs me when people get on his case. :shrug: I've talked to him about selling to folks on the PL ... I'm not gonna change his mind, and I'm not gonna get on his case about it either.

The buyer is a , but....is willing to buy the book. RMA is looking for attention, will he sell the book to the guy once he gets on the PL list? He will sell to boardies on the PL list.

Screw that kid. I doubt he's willing to buy the comic, no matter what snide wildly_fanciful_statement he spouts. I don't care if he offered double the price, I'd have no problem with RMA not selling him anything. I hope no one here ever does again. What a tool.

As for RMA's motives, and jabs about his selling practices, I see no benefit in arguing about it, so :foryou:

It is worth arguing. WE DO NOT SELL TO PL BOARDIES. It doesn't matter if it's RMA . He's willing to do it, yet people still fork out money and buy from them. (shrug)

Am I gonna change your mind? Are you gonna change mine? We both agree that people shouldn't sell to folks on the PL, that it weakens the whole apparatus. We disagree about RMA. Let's just leave it at that, yeah?

Explain how this happens:

Zrestofnameremoved is on the probation list.

Zrestofnameremoved decides to sell books.

Someone writes in his selling thread "just so everyone knows this guy is on the PL"

that person gets a strike.

1. How is the PL legitimate if Mods will give people strikes for enforcing it?

2. Why is putting NO PROB or NO HOS in a selling thread common practice instead of a given?

Simple questions.

What? When did this happen? Who are you talking about?

Four months ago? The offence was threadcraping and the person has been trying to get off the PL list. I don't want to drop their name but I don't think there are too many members with names starting with Z.

Are you talking about zombizzy? Who got a strike?

Zombizzy was the seller.

But thats not the strike I'm talking about.

Holy mystery!! Why so coy?

Honestly, I think you're pulling my leg saying you don't know what I'm talking about. But RMAs back so theres no reason for me to comment further.

???lol

Completely Not Member Specific Rule #69.

Passive aggressive posting of popcorn emoticons, immediately following posts from members who emoticon poster have on ignore, should be considered an initial engagement, and henceforth be classified as bad faith.

The Probation List is seriously flawed. I know this because I, though I have never done anything that *normally* warrants being placed on it, have twice been threatened with being put on it myelf, the first time for recognizing that the list was flawed, and offering to sell to those people because of that, with strict conditions...and secondly, for refusing to sell to someone who themselves refused to honor their word. That is not the first time the latter has happened with others, by the way, and the PL has occasionally devolved into "well, if you're going to put ME on the list, I'm going to put YOU on the list, too!" nonsense which severely diminishes the value of the list.

Does that mean the PL has no value at all? No.

Diggler, like many commenting, have "unclean hands" when it comes to me, which is fine, so long as people are aware of the motives behind the posts.

As for "RMA is looking for attention"...right. That's why I don't post anything but emoticons and memes 98% of the time.

You know...for the attention.

The Probation List is seriously flawed. I know this because I, though I have never done anything that *normally* warrants being placed on it, have twice been threatened with being put on it myelf, the first time for recognizing that the list was flawed, and offering to sell to those people because of that, with strict conditions...and secondly, for refusing to sell to someone who themselves refused to honor their word. That is not the first time the latter has happened with others, by the way, and the PL has occasionally devolved into "well, if you're going to put ME on the list, I'm going to put YOU on the list, too!" nonsense which severely diminishes the value of the list.

Diggler, like many commenting, have "unclean hands" when it comes to me, which is fine, so long as people are aware of the motives behind the posts.

As for "RMA is looking for attention"...right. That's why I don't post anything but emoticons and memes 98% of the time.

Someone threatening to put you on the PL for some silly reason doesn't make the PL flawed, just that idjit's thinking. If they'd succeeded, you'd have an argument.

I didn't think that is why people attacked RMA.

I would just like to say that it is a persons choice to sell to people on the PL.

I don't understand why Kitson isn't on the HOS yet and I really think the discussion should end at this point. 2c

It's just one reason. And being a little doucherag isn't enough to get you on the HoS.

Right, HoS is obviously not applicable in this case.

*sigh*

Indeed, *sigh* RMA will sell to PL folks, keep sticking up for him. The BUYER already said he would BUY the book in question. :eyeroll:

The buyer's a little person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed and deserves nothing, and no one should be sticking up for him, no matter how much they may disagree with RMA.

I like RMA, so it bugs me when people get on his case. :shrug: I've talked to him about selling to folks on the PL ... I'm not gonna change his mind, and I'm not gonna get on his case about it either.

The buyer is a , but....is willing to buy the book. RMA is looking for attention, will he sell the book to the guy once he gets on the PL list? He will sell to boardies on the PL list.

Screw that kid. I doubt he's willing to buy the comic, no matter what snide wildly_fanciful_statement he spouts. I don't care if he offered double the price, I'd have no problem with RMA not selling him anything. I hope no one here ever does again. What a tool.

As for RMA's motives, and jabs about his selling practices, I see no benefit in arguing about it, so :foryou:

It is worth arguing. WE DO NOT SELL TO PL BOARDIES. It doesn't matter if it's RMA . He's willing to do it, yet people still fork out money and buy from them. (shrug)

Am I gonna change your mind? Are you gonna change mine? We both agree that people shouldn't sell to folks on the PL, that it weakens the whole apparatus. We disagree about RMA. Let's just leave it at that, yeah?

If he's willing to sell to pl members then he should give a slacker late paying buyer a chance to not get on the list. (shrug) Regardless of how much of a he is.

Back in April I posted a poll in the General Discussion thread because of the PL threadkrapping strike - trying to get a consensus AND create a template that might be OK to post in a PL sellers thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=108883&Number=6629158#Post6629158

poll results are here - there were some comments but not much discussion but that may be because I was dumb & ended the poll the day I was leaving for vacation :grin:

139603.jpg.0b55479b24926170c2f3a7423943f44e.jpg

*sigh*

If he's willing to sell to pl members then he should give a slacker late paying buyer a chance to not get on the list. (shrug) Regardless of how much of a he is.

Dang it, I said GOOD DAY, SIR!!! :sumo:lol

And, the kid's not on the list! If that's what you're worried about, then all is well.

Completely Not Member Specific Rule #69.

Passive aggressive posting of popcorn emoticons, immediately following posts from members who emoticon poster have on ignore, should be considered an initial engagement, and henceforth be classified as bad faith.

Completely Not Member Specific Rule #69.5.

Interpreting :popcorn: as "passive/aggressive", "initial engagement", and "bad faith", when it has no meaning outside of "interesting" should be considered absurd paranoia and henceforth Rule #69 should be disregarded.

Addendum: board members should learn to recognize that the "reply" function AUTOMATICALLY assigns the "last post in the thread" as the "re: board member", if it is changed, it must be done manually. and that unless someone is directly quoted or addressed, it cannot simply be assumed that posts are aimed at them.

Bullfudgeingshizzle, I call it as I see it. The guy said he would pay, let him buy the book and let the issue die...or you could drag it out and garner the proper amount of attention that you need to live and breath on this board. I have ZERO agenda in this matter, nor do I sell to PL turds. Put him on the PL and sell it to him then. I have clean hands in the sales forum unlike those that would sell to PL members of this board. :eyeroll:

Someone threatening to put you on the PL for some silly reason doesn't make the PL flawed, just that idjit's thinking. If they'd succeeded, you'd have an argument.

It's a little different when that "idjit" is a "well respected board member."

But see the second reason.

I shouldn't have to defend who I wish to, and who I wish to not, do business with. I don't ask others to defend their selling practices, because they are just that: their selling practices.

It is wrong to defame people because they choose to sell to people you don't. This is not 1984.

*sigh*

And, the kid's not on the list! If that's what you're worried about, then all is well.

I'm not worried about the kid.

It's a little different when that "idjit" is a "well respected board member."

But see the second reason.

I shouldn't have to defend who I wish to, and who I wish to not, do business with. I don't ask others to defend their selling practices, because they are just that: their selling practices.

It is wrong to defame people because they choose to sell to people you don't. This is not 1984.

1984? A turd is a turd in 1984 the same as a turd is a turd in 2013.

*sigh*

I'm not worried about the kid.

ARGGH!! Okay, I get it. You disapprove of RMA's selling to people on the PL. We agree man, we agree.