• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Apologizing is always a great start - when you mean it. Coming on today and once again starting off like this is a joke is probably not a good approach.

It's a start. When I see a start I like to encourage a finish. :)

Sounds dirty. lol

:sick:

Actually I'm going to run away now. This discussion is making me a little sick and sad. I don't want my posts to be interpreted as condoning some despicable actions. Perhaps it is simply too early to bring this back up.

I just wish I had friends .... :sorry:

Going to any cons this year? I'd buy you a beer....or a rye....or a pop....or a coffee. :)

Thanks Branget. Going to NYCBM and NYCC. Brother wants to go to SDCC I just don't know if I want to deal with the crazyness (at least with NYCC its in my back yard, SDCC is a different animal)

You people what SC1 to come here to hear his thoughts and then you ask why is he here?

Imo Branget has made some excellent points.

Only ONE person said "Why are you here" with his post. So let's not go overboard and make it sound like everyone told him to hit the road.

It is HOW he came on today that again showed he had no remorse.

Actually I'm going to run away now. This discussion is making me a little sick and sad. I don't want my posts to be interpreted as condoning some despicable actions. Perhaps it is simply too early to bring this back up.
Perhaps I did re-hash this too early. To me, it didn't make sense to wait and discuss the issue with people not aware of the situation.

Perhaps I did re-hash this too early. To me, it didn't make sense to wait and discuss the issue with people not aware of the situation.

You didn't realize the various posts he made as well lately, including the lack of care about his HOS membership.

For someone that doesn't care he is on the list, thank goodness he has you to care this much for him.

You people what SC1 to come here to hear his thoughts and then you ask why is he here?

Only ONE person said "Why are you here" with his post. So let's not go overboard and make it sound like everyone told him to hit the road.

but Bosco,

i was sincere...you say i wasnt so i am dis-credited....

and isnt the HOS for Dealers? Im not a dealer and i have not, will not, and since then did not sell publicly....

I am only doing trades that benefit my collection not my wallet...

but Bosco,

i was sincere...you say i wasnt so i am dis-credited....

and isnt the HOS for Dealers? Im not a dealer and i have not, will not, and since then did not sell publicly....

I am only doing trades that benefit my collection not my wallet...

It is NOT just for dealers. Why do you think TFL is in the HOS? I'll give you $25K guesses.

The perception you left us with today, which is why Skypinkblu, Comicdonna, Comix4fun and others reacted the way they did, was that this should all be written off as your black, salty, and Texan humor.

What is funny about telling another person your dad died? Look at that situation with fresh eyes, and see how it comes across. And it was Joe that caught the "gag" - not you stating "Sorry. I was just kidding!"

Nahhh - my dad isn't dead; I was just kidding ya

sorry guys to keep you waiting...

been on phone all evening my dad is very sick with cancer

anyways, Joecgcmaniac claims its not real.... :blahblah:

i offer the friendly wager that I get it CGC'ed and he pays the processing and if I dont I will gladly paypal the same to him (thumbs u

wouldn't that be more entertaining than just showing the book gallery online...

worse case scenario is i'm wrong and Joe makes $40 :acclaim:

Everyone wants it to be fake, but deep down dont you really want it to be real and see me get a free CGC'ed embossed Man of Steel #1?

are you not entertained? :headbang:

:facepalm:

No, entertaining would be you posting a link to the book gallery.

Why would I ever trust you with $40? :screwy:

Sorry to hear your dad is battling cancer. One question though. You posted this just about 2 months ago.

right on Bill! You are A-OK in my book (thumbs u

Show some of the 10.0 Love sometime I would really like to see a whole bunch of them together....

and again a big shout to MsSmidt for dogging my Superman #233 CGC 4.5

My dad bought it for me in 1982 and its symbolizes the son father bond we had now that he died from exposure to Agent orange in Vietnam serving our country :sorry:

I thought your dad was dead? ???

no not yet just said that to make him feel bad. but seriously, my dad is sick he will have a 4th major surgery this coming month. talking bs aboiut comics is great bonding as he is in texas and im in LA

ill submit it and if gets CGC'ed you reimburse but if CGC rejects i offer it back

just a friendly wager...

its a silly book of no value

Branget, is this the apology you're looking for?

Yup. (thumbs u

And I'm lost as to why people are so adamant he should stay there. I won't ever be dealing with him but I do not feel he is a threat to the boards. An individual_without_enough_empathy or lowlife? Sounds like it but I don't see that as giving me the right to ban him from selling. (shrug)

That's an apology? A real one? Really?

I picture him typing that with his feet while flipping a double bird at the screen.

Branget, is this the apology you're looking for?

Yup. (thumbs u

And I'm lost as to why people are so adamant he should stay there. I won't ever be dealing with him but I do not feel he is a threat to the boards. An individual_without_enough_empathy or lowlife? Sounds like it but I don't see that as giving me the right to ban him from selling. (shrug)

As has been shown/rubbed in our face, being in the HoS doesn't ban anyone from buying nor selling. m

It significantly hinders the ability to run a viable sales thread. (thumbs u

Oh, definitely!

:)

-slym

I picture him typing that with his feet while flipping a double bird at the screen.

And that's part of what Solarcadet needs to understand. Joking and apologizing at the same time during a not-so-funny situation comes across EXACTLY like that.

Then making statements like this, as if he doesn't care about his HOS membership

Ive done 7 transactions and 3 trades so you have to ask yourself what does HOS accomplish... (shrug)

for me, nothing zzz

The poll has been set. But for every statement posted why he should come off at this time, count on there will a rehash why he needs to stay on.

This was far too soon.

See Hado i told you it was just another call to lynch and re-mob.

Pretty much no use in changing anyone's opinion and rightfully so...

The best I can do is not start any trouble with these Probation Posters, follow the forum rules, and walk the chalk line...

Have a good one and go Broncos!