• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

People voted in a the heat of the moment and that is also why Menace was voted in so quickly as well...

I was right in the thick of it.

I have already made a public group apology i cannot make personal ones to each and every person who DK my offer of apology.

i dont want to thread pages after endless pages of fighting anyone. Hope you guys are great! :foryou:

People voted in a the heat of the moment and that is also why Menace was voted in so quickly as well...

This is one thing I can agree with. Like MikeNYC also mentioned - kneejerk reactions to include people and then polls to remove them are not good for the overall long-term effectiveness of the PL/HOS.

I'm staying out of the way of the convos, just wanted to give my 2c

This is one thing I can agree with. Like MikeNYC also mentioned - kneejerk reactions to include people and then polls to remove them are not good for the overall long-term effectiveness of the PL/HOS.

Apparently being on the HoS meant nothing anyway as he recently bragged about completing several transactions since being placed on it (shrug)

Apparently being on the HoS meant nothing anyway as he recently bragged about completing several transactions since being placed on it (shrug)

Thanks Dr Balls!

I was not gonna stay out of trading due to being put on HOS. If it were truly effective no one would do any deals.

Some people value my books more than the list to care about upholding it...

I dont want to cause any troubles with anyone I hope everyone will do the same :foryou:

I agree as well. To vote someone into the HOS just to remove him, rightfully so IMO, a week or two later shows how kneejerk of a reaction it was and how meaningless the HOS can be if situations like this are allowed to happen with no real backing.

From what I can read SC1 didn't rip anyone off and tried to make ammends with his wronged transaction. He might have "dared" the group to put him in the HOS but what did he really do to deserve to be there? My father had cancer so I can understand anyone who would be upset or offended with his black humor about his dad and cancer as I don't agree with that type of humor either. Should that get him placed in the HOS? I don't think so.

As someone said english may not be his first language so certain things may not come across the way he is really meaning and seem more harsh or rude then meant. I have had coworkers like that and sometimes you just cringe at what they say but they really didn't mean it like that.

I voted yes in Hado's new poll because he didn't steal or rip anyone off and just because someone has a poor communication skills over a computer to show real remose isn't enough for someone to be voted into the HOS, a place I view as the worst of the worst.

He apologized and I do think he is sorry for what he did even if it comes across as a bit sarcastic but that seems to be his way of coping with things. He just feels like the majority of the boards are ganging up against him and there is nothing he can do to make that go away.

Edited by bryan91

I agree as well. To vote someone into the HOS just to remove him, rightfully so IMO, a week or two later shows how kneejerk of a reaction it was and how meaningless the HOS can be if situations like this are allowed to happen with no real backing.

From what I can read SC1 didn't rip anyone off and tried to make ammends with his wronged transaction. He might have "dared" the group to put him in the HOS but what did he really do to deserve to be there? My father had cancer so I can understand anyone who would be upset or offended with his black humor about his dad and cancer as I don't agree with that type of humor either. Should that get him placed in the HOS? I don't think so.

As someone said english may not be his first language so certain things may not come across the way he is really meaning and seem more harsh or rude then meant. I have had coworkers like that and sometimes you just cringe at what they say but they really didn't mean it like that.

I voted no in Hado's new poll because he didn't steal or rip anyone off and just because someone has a poor communication skills over a computer to show real remose isn't enough for someone to be voted into the HOS, a place I view as the worst of the worst.

He apologized and I do think he is sorry for what he did even if it comes across as a bit sarcastic but that seems to be his way of coping with things. He just feels like the majority of the boards are ganging up against him and there is nothing he can do to make that go away.

:signfunny:

Taking all the emotion out of the situation, how is he sorry?

He repeatedly has called people part of the lynchmob, and now is talking about people being 'sheep and peeps' like nobody can make a decision for themselves.

Add to this the openly bragging about not caring being in the HOS and doing transactions behind the scenes, and where is the sorry?

And ganging up on him - his statements are what keep tripping him up. If I was ganging up on him and wanting him to fail, why would I suggest he talk with Hado first before posting again? I'd let him do his own damage.

Seriously - are we reading the same material?

I am not sure how a potential, alleged, unsubstantiated difficulty with the language in any way changes or explains away any of the things he's said, and then repeated, and then reworded, and then repeated and in no way lessened the impact of the lies.

I think it still has meaning, but it should be reserved for the skeeviest of skeevs (as lots of people have said before). Yes, everyone took a vote - but I guess I am a little surprised that it got to that point of voting for such a minor sales issue - although annoying, shady and questionable.

To me, it seems like we are now wrestling with the issue of what we do with sellers who don't quite fit on the PL or the HOS, but are handling their business here in a negative way. I don't know what that is, but I think after what Fingh said (new people joining all the time) there is going to have to be something created in addition to the PL/HOS in order to help people avoid problematic sellers, etc. What that is, I have no idea.

My dad would say: "The only reason there is a label on the top step of a ladder is because some fell off it and sued."

We have a great selling community here, and a lot of us are accountable to our word - but all it takes is someone to get screwed over bad enough to make a big enough complaint and it will probably be all over. I don't want to see that.

I think it still has meaning, but it should be reserved for the skeeviest of skeevs (as lots of people have said before). Yes, everyone took a vote - but I guess I am a little surprised that it got to that point of voting for such a minor sales issue - although annoying, shady and questionable.

To me, it seems like we are now wrestling with the issue of what we do with sellers who don't quite fit on the PL or the HOS, but are handling their business here in a negative way. I don't know what that is, but I think after what Fingh said (new people joining all the time) there is going to have to be something created in addition to the PL/HOS in order to help people avoid problematic sellers, etc. What that is, I have no idea.

My dad would say: "The only reason there is a label on the top step of a ladder is because some fell off it and sued."

We have a great selling community here, and a lot of us are accountable to our word - but all it takes is someone to get screwed over bad enough to make a big enough complaint and it will probably be all over. I don't want to see that.

I've been in favor of a third list that falls somewhere in the middle....I don't know how to go about getting it implemented.

Taking all the emotion out of the situation, how is he sorry?

He repeatedly has called people part of the lynchmob, and now is talking about people being 'sheep and peeps' like nobody can make a decision for themselves.

Add to this the openly bragging about not caring being in the HOS and doing transactions behind the scenes, and where is the sorry?

I didn't know about this situation until you pointed it out to me. I don't agree with his lack of remorse for being put on the HOS but after reading about it I don't see why he should be on it. He is not bragging about how he ripped people off or stole from them and got away with it.

And ganging up on him - his statements are what keep tripping him up. If I was ganging up on him and wanting him to fail, why would I suggest he talk with Hado first before posting again? I'd let him do his own damage.

I don't know the guy and have never had a transaction with him and should probably let him just do his own damage but I am just expressing what I see myself in a person being voted into the HOS.

Seriously - are we reading the same material?

I do wish he would just apologize and leave the snarky comments out of it but that doesn't seem to be happening. It defintely isn't the way I would go about things if I was in this situation but that is just me.

I am not sure how a potential, alleged, unsubstantiated difficulty with the language in any way changes or explains away any of the things he's said, and then repeated, and then reworded, and then repeated and in no way lessened the impact of the lies.

I see your point, a lie is a lie in any language. I am not a fan of liars or condone lying by any means but is it HOS worthy?

P.S. - you are one of my favorite posters on this message board so there is no chance of me getting into an arguement with you. :sumo::foryou: