• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Since Hall of Shame is the best we can do under these circumstances and we don't have another place where you can stand in the corner till you grow up...I'm going to vote that you stay in the Hall of Shame.

This says something louder than any other post when one of the most easy-going forumites makes such a statement.

And the shame is any of us would rather be focused on positive things to better the community.

:(

+1

(thumbs u

Since Hall of Shame is the best we can do under these circumstances and we don't have another place where you can stand in the corner till you grow up...I'm going to vote that you stay in the Hall of Shame.

This says something louder than any other post when one of the most easy-going forumites makes such a statement.

And the shame is any of us would rather be focused on positive things to better the community.

+1

(thumbs u

You are just pumped that this thing has taken the heat back off of you.

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in lol

Hado pulled you back in. So let's keep that story straight.

Which I apologized for. I think it took a lot to apologize wether you accept it or not.

Do you mean your apology or solarcadet's?

His, I'm Canadian, we apologize for everything

It took a lot for him to make that apology?

Well, I'm sorry for saying you and his other defenders only did so to continue to get books from him.

Hmm, that was pretty easy actually :)

I can't speak for anyone else, but you are incorrect.
I can't speak for anyone else but, I voted no.

One of the definitions of fraud is using false pretenses or lies in dealing with others to alter, or sway, the transaction in a direction it may not have gone otherwise.

Like lying about a parents death in order to attempt to explain or assuage a failure to ship items.

If you lie in the middle of a deal, for any reason you probably shouldn't be touting your honesty in dealing.

So well stated, I don't even know where to begin other than...WOW.

:applause:

i cannot change your mind do best advice is dont do business with me

i never delayed due to what you claim ....

Why are you posting in here? Do you want to get your name of the HoS list?

You know, him coming here trying to "clear his name" and get off the H.O.S. list, most likely in order to be able to buy and sell without being called out every time reminds be of how ComicSupply would show up once a year or so, and whine and cry, and try to make a case about why he shouldn't be on the H.O.S., and in every instance, it was because he was trying to buy and sell on the boards.

And just like a leopard, he could never change his "spots". People would accept him back because he would offer great prices on product, only to never deliver product, give refunds, and offer excuse after excuse about why he couldn't fulfill orders.

Lighthouse was another such boardie. Would offer great prices on great books, but would flake out, take the money and run, with refunds or merchandise never received. In fact, I believe Foolkiller actually had to step in legally to help make at least one boardie "whole" from the losses he suffered by dealing with Lighthouse.

These two legendary H.O.S. members were once members in good to great standing on the boards, active, and contributing.

To think that we should let solar off the list, when he has shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he cannot be taken at his word, and never came close to contributing in a positive manner that these other two H.O.S. legends did, is foolish.

+1

(thumbs u

:D:shy:

+1

(thumbs u

:eyeroll:

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in lol

My joke about good ole dad died was my black humor. I wasnt hiding it.

Nice try. You slipped up and mentioned he was "sick" after claiming he was "dead", the original post was found and got busted on it. Then people, rightfully, got angry about it.. That's not the same as not "hiding it".

It's also not the same as "it was a joke", when you tried to use it to excuse yourself from a failure to perform in a transaction as promised.

I also give props to Slym2none for being the only former lynchmob to post non-aggressive and attacking posts in my own threads.

I don't think I posted in any of your threads attacking you. Maybe I did. I can't remember. I certainly never mentioned your mother. That much I know.

Also, keeping me on the HOS kinda dilutes the effectiveness as i never ripped off anyone.

One of the definitions of fraud is using false pretenses or lies in dealing with others to alter, or sway, the transaction in a direction it may not have gone otherwise.

Like lying about a parents death in order to attempt to explain or assuage a failure to ship items.

If you lie in the middle of a deal, for any reason you probably shouldn't be touting your honesty in dealing.

Also, he never ripped anyone off, but he tried - lets not forget the changing of the price by $15 after someone already posted the :takeit:

-slym

+1

(thumbs u

Beerbong is pretty stoked about the timeout as well.

Which was no longer offering free shipping when he dropped the price but forgot to change the first post.

The book was offered at the takeit price after this whole mess, but was declined.

Which was no longer offering free shipping when he dropped the price but forgot to change the first post.

The book was offered at the takeit price after this whole mess, but was declined.

It doesn't matter if he "forgot" to change the first post.

The stand-up thing to do, as an honest, ethical businessman, is to honor your listed prices and policies. Does it suck to have to eat the loss? Yeah, it does, but that's the "price" of doing business.

And after all the "scaminess" of the whole situation, who in their right minds would want to deal with this type of seller?

Like they say, "you never get a second chance to make a first impression."

And in solar's case, his first impressions made him look like a deceitful, untrustworthy person. Add the whole mess with lying about his dad, and you have an individual who most people don't want to have anything to do with.

What I find interesting is that the warnings mention HOS/PL.

Maybe I'm just arguing symantics, but wouldn't having SC on the PL accomplish the same goal while keeping the integrity of the HOS for the big time offenders?

I'm not sure why you care so much? You obviously can still get your books from him, HoS or not. (shrug)

I still don't know why the poll was started to get him out of the hall? Did I miss the pages of discussions where multiple boardies felt he shouldn't be in the H.O.S.? Or are we just going to start random polls every few weeks to remove everyone from the H.O.S. People say the H.O.S. is a joke, and as long as people buy and sell to those on the list it is. It's also a joke as long as polls are started to remove people from the list when there was no public outcry for the person's removal in the first place.

SolarCadet requested to be in the HOS (or dared us to place him there) and should not be removed until he requests it via an apology.

And with about 10 more people with proof he has done good business and certainly changed any doubters that he will not scam or shill anyone

The apology would suffice for removal from the HOS. Anyone wronged in a transaction can nominate him for the PL.

Wha? Either he belongs in the HoS or he doesn't. What difference does it make if he posts an apology?

No. This wasn't something where he says "I'm sorry" and he is off of any list. His dismissal of everything has shown right now he is not to be trusted, along with LYING ABOUT HIS FATHER DYING DURING A TRANSACTION.

How does someone say "My bad about lying. Not sure what happened there" and be taken serious??!!

Because none of that is HOS worthy to me. The tipping point was him daring to be placed on the list and not caring. It still doesn't make it worthy to me but I have no issue with him there. If he came on and apologized that would be a step in the right direction and isn't that the goal? The remaining transactional issues can be dealt with through the PL.