• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I have sent CopperAgeKids a PM about requesting he should be added to the probation list for the following reason:

On September 23, 2015 I purchased a slab from him on eBay. A tracking number was updated the same day. 9449009699938804728686

On October 11th I sent him this message thru eBay:

"Dear copperagekids,

What's going on with this book? A shipping label was printed a couple weeks ago, but tracking shows it never was shipped."

His response:

New message from: copperagekids (97Blue Star)

"My apologies for the delay, got slammed with overtime at work.The package will be shipped as soon as the post office open on Tuesday, the USPS is closed tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience"

On October 20th I open a request thru eBay asking for an update.

Seller's message:

"The piece will be shipped tomorrow, without fail.Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay. Thank you for your patience, Evan O'Malley"

There still isn't any activity on the tracking number, and it has been over 30 days since purchasing the slab.

Did you get your books?

I have sent CopperAgeKids a PM about requesting he should be added to the probation list for the following reason:

On September 23, 2015 I purchased a slab from him on eBay. A tracking number was updated the same day. 9449009699938804728686

"Dear copperagekids,

What's going on with this book? A shipping label was printed a couple weeks ago, but tracking shows it never was shipped."

His response:

"My apologies for the delay, got slammed with overtime at work.The package will be shipped as soon as the post office open on Tuesday, the USPS is closed tomorrow.

Seller's message:

"The piece will be shipped tomorrow, without fail.Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay. Thank you for your patience, Evan O'Malley"

There still isn't any activity on the tracking number, and it has been over 30 days since purchasing the slab.

Did you get your books?

The tracking number shows it won't arrive until at least Saturday. Media mail cross country usually takes over a week for me.

"Dear copperagekids,

His response:

Seller's message:

Did you get your books?

The tracking number shows it won't arrive until at least Saturday. Media mail cross country usually takes over a week for me.

After all that he sent it media mail?!

:facepalm:

My personal favorite is:

"The piece will be shipped tomorrow, without fail.Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay. Thank you for your patience, Evan O'Malley" -October 20th

Date media mail (FAIL!) package sent: October 24th. I guess "without fail" is subjective.

PS how much did he charge you for shipping?

"Dear copperagekids,

His response:

Seller's message:

Did you get your books?

I thought you were joking, and then I ran the above tracking number. He actually...sent you a slab....media mail...after all of that? That is a crock of you know what. He should have been ashamed for taking so long to mail it and sent it overnight or at least 2 day and he sent it media mail? It does show Saturday as a delivery date assuming it's even on time. What a pitiful excuse for a seller. I somewhat defended him in the past in a different thread but now I see why people said what they said. There is not enough :facepalm: for this.

wildly_fanciful_statement. You continually pimp yourself on here as the world's greatest grader, shipper etc. constantly breaking rules in sales threads, replying to WTBs with irrelevant info. And now you have the gall to say he got a good price and so 30 days is ok to wait. Seriously, WTF man?

I am officially calling BS and declaring shenanigans.

You guys are completely right. I should have shipped the books out weeks ago, and a lot of things have kept me from doing it, but it's still my responsibility to get it done. These books will go out tomorrow morning, and I'm going to to my level best to improve my transactions in the future.

I apologize that it got this far.

Went ahead and fixed that for you.

Yes, thank you....that should have been my response.

I'll respond to the other comments when I get home....just wanted to let Juan (and the rest of the board) know his xmen 268 2nd print 9.6 slab was just shipped.....and I included a raw NM copy of the 1st print of #268, in a mylite 2 standard/full back combo, sheathed in a silver/gold mylite2 and full back combo....as proof positive of just how tightly and anal retentively amy shipping methods are ...hah ;).....but mostly, as my way of apologizing and trying to make amends :)

Jimbo's RAK will be shipped Monday on my lunch break, gotta dig thru some boxes today when I get home to find at least a couple other cool SA/BA mags to hook him up with.....and if I'm going to ship out to Canada, it should be for a handful of books, not just a single mag. :)

So you demonstrate your "tight and anal rententive" shipping methods by IMPROPERLY shipping a slab using media mail, potentially sticking the buyer with a penalty if the package is inspected...all after delaying shipping for a month to begin with?

Sometimes I think the entirety of your board membership is one, long, extended trolling session.

I am having a hard time believing anyone could be this fricken clueless. Honestly.

You are officially banned from giving anyone advice, unless it's advice on how to NOT follow board selling rules and how NOT to make amends when you screw up.

Yes, it is a slabbed book. Just not CGC, for now. I did plan on having it signed last weekend at Comikaze, so waiting another week doesn't matter anymore.

In his defense he did pay for the media mail postage when I purchased it last month.

My personal favorite is:

"The piece will be shipped tomorrow, without fail.Please accept my sincerest apologies for the delay. Thank you for your patience, Evan O'Malley" -October 20th

Date media mail (FAIL!) package sent: October 24th. I guess "without fail" is subjective.

Shipping was "Free"

My personal favorite is:

Shipping was "Free"

They open it the post office and it's going to cost you. After a month of waiting a few bucks for priority Mail is the least an anally retentive super duper shipper and seller who feels free to give advice to everyone else should have done for you.