• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Report on Comicseekers Long Box

465 posts in this topic

PM to me just now from ComicSeekers:

"See you in court!"

A class act like that deserves a class action lawsuit. Interested parties contact me via PM.

It takes 2 distinct actions to get on the probation list. First, failing to fulfill your reasonable end of a transaction and second, after being notified of a problem failing to address it within 30 days.

A person that manages to get removed from the list should be considered suspect and I assume that they addressed the concerns not because they gave a quack about the other person but because they wanted to resume buying or selling.

comicseekers has been on the probation list twice in the past and it is obvious that his primary concern is his and only his happiness

"See you in court!"

A class act like that deserves a class action lawsuit. Interested parties contact me via PM.

It takes 2 distinct actions to get on the probation list. First, failing to fulfill your reasonable end of a transaction and second, after being notified of a problem failing to address it within 30 days.

A person that manages to get removed from the list should be considered suspect and I assume that they addressed the concerns not because they gave a quack about the other person but because they wanted to resume buying or selling.

comicseekers has been on the probation list twice in the past and it is obvious that his primary concern is his and only his happiness

Hey Torch, save me a little reading, how do we get Sergio back on the probie list?

"See you in court!"

Hey Torch, save me a little reading, how do we get Sergio back on the probie list?

Expand the list of transgressions that qualify to include "scams".

P1140498.jpg

P1140499.jpg

P1140500.jpg

Odd for an unread warehouse book to be found in a bag sealed with masking tape.

P1140501.jpg

Nine copies of Star Wars 37

P1140502.jpg

7 Copies of the Same Battlestar Galactica

P1140503.jpg

6 Copies of Howard the Duck

P1140504.jpg

Ripply torn Hulk

P1140505.jpg

Odd amount of books with a store tag on them

P1140507.jpg

Nice pick-up!

Just spit diet coke on my screen...

It's called an oversight! I thought I pulled out ALL the water damaged ones, maybe I missed a handful. But your statement that you would toss out all the comics because a few were water damaged is absolutely ridiculous.

Oversight? Are you that lazy that you can't pull books out? Water damage is about the easiest damage to spot (and smell) on comics. Just feel for the "crunch."

And if it was an oversight...THEN FIX YOUR OVERSIGHT.

This hits the nail on the head. CS, you admit that you screwed up and missed some of the water damage. So man up and accept a full refund upon return of the box.

He claims to have removed water damaged books from the boxes in one point, but in the other he claims they are unsearched.

Right there is a massive red flag. Honestly I wouldn't donate any smelly moldy books due to the risk involved. I doubt the money will be returned it is best to recycle the bad ones, donate the better copies that are not water/mold damaged.

As someone pointed out, mold can be present regardless of whether it is apparent. I WAS going to donate these to a children's hospital, but with the possibility of mold being present, obviously that's a bad move. If Sergio doesn't want them back on the fire they go. With all the copies of Star Wars 37 I have, who knows, maybe by burning the ones I have it will make that book rare. lol

There is another avenue, probably more realistic for those who purchased multiple boxes. You could, depending on your state laws file a small claim suit in an effort to receive some form of compensation. Obviously if what was represented was grossly inaccurate and if the original seller (Adam) cooperates you may be able to recover most if not all your money. It is just up to the person if it is worth it or not. Personally on principle if I purchased 2 or more boxes I would seriously consider it.

And yes there are attorneys out there (Bottomfeeders) who would take the case to small claims in hopes of a positive judgment in which they can levy attorney fees and costs on the defendant.

I am not defending the seller of this garbage, but legal action? Come on , these were pig in poke long boxes! The seller will take returns (I think he offered that) or some kind of discount, so just send them back and do not buy from him anymore. We all get burned on occasion in this crazy hobby, and the "hunt" is all part of the fun. If you have hundreds of dollars to gamble on mystery boxes, then it should not be too big a deal to have to manage the fall-out when the deal turns to poop (literally).

I was posting an option, some people may not want to pursue. But if someone got burned buying multiple boxes it may be worth the time. Plus it costs very little to file, and sometimes a process service is all that it takes to shake the monkey out of the tree.

This would make a great Judge Judy episode.

P1140498.jpg

P1140499.jpg

P1140500.jpg

P1140501.jpg

P1140502.jpg

P1140503.jpg

P1140504.jpg

Ripply torn Hulk

P1140505.jpg

P1140507.jpg

Nice pick-up!

Ahhh, what the he11... :roflmao:

Interesting thread.

Sergio, I recommend that you man up and make it right or you'll have trouble selling dollar bills for 50 cents hereabouts.

As for the rest of you?

Go to amy decent sized comic show on a Sunday afternoon with 500 bucks in your pocket and drag out anywhere from 20 to 50 boxes of lots better (if more modern) stuff. Buying mystery boxes for a hundred fifty beans is a mug's game.

Most dealers will help you load or at least loan you their hand cart, lol

P1140498.jpg

P1140499.jpg

P1140500.jpg

P1140501.jpg

P1140502.jpg

P1140503.jpg

P1140504.jpg

Ripply torn Hulk

P1140505.jpg

P1140507.jpg

Nice pick-up!

Ahhh, what the he11... :roflmao:

These could be pressed to a higher grade hm

How can one be strapped for cash, and yet pay over 2 k for these boxes to start with?

As Adam stated previously:

1) CS was selling off portions of the longboxes off to finance the payment plan, which by itself highlighted the depth of the scam.

2) He got credit for the "water damaged comics" with CS *supposedly* tossed out, so his cost was even less than $2K/$100 per box.

Yes, I paid $100 + $25 shipping for a total of $125 for 20 boxes from ADAM! Of which I pulled out 3 LONG BOXES OF WATER DAMAGED COMICS.

I then estimated that the cost per box was about $150 each factoring in the water damaged ones that I pulled out!

Again, a HUGE LIE - Adam posted that he gave you a full credit for those water-damaged books, which made your overall cost LOWER and not higher.

How can one be strapped for cash, and yet pay over 2 k for these boxes to start with?

As Adam stated previously:

1) CS was selling off portions of the longboxes off to finance the payment plan, which by itself highlighted the depth of the scam.

Sounds a bit like a modified Poniz scheme, dunnit.....

Oh, yeah? What's a 8.5 Shogun Warriors 8 going for these days? How about Star Wars 37? Can they be pressed into a title that someone cares about? I'm rich!

I can press your Shogun Warriors #8 into a 9.8 Green Lantern #76.

All I need is $150K for the work. Plus a couple of years while I try to find a GL #76 in 9.8.

(thumbs u

i'm glad i didn't buy a LB... sorry to those that did. he made it seem like a good deal and that a lot of the books were in nice shape. it was tempting...

If ComicSeekers is any type of man at all. Or if he simply values his overall reputation then he will provide refunds for all of this drek. It doesn't sound like hes going down that path.

Good luck to all (besides CS) I bought a few cheap marvels from him months ago that were described as NM that came back with some water damage. WTF are you doing to your books man?!! Needless to say - he won't be getting any more of my hard earned cash.

while we're at it, can we get a roll call of buyers?

Me and WP (4 boxes)

Meade

VT Comics

Poe

HouseofComics

sckao

who else and how many?

3 boxes for me :(