• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Report on Comicseekers Long Box

465 posts in this topic

i'm glad i didn't buy a LB... sorry to those that did. he made it seem like a good deal and that a lot of the books were in nice shape. it was tempting...

If ComicSeekers is any type of man at all. Or if he simply values his overall reputation then he will provide refunds for all of this drek. It doesn't sound like hes going down that path.

Good luck to all (besides CS) I bought a few cheap marvels from him months ago that were described as NM that came back with some water damage. WTF are you doing to your books man?!! Needless to say - he won't be getting any more of my hard earned cash.

Keeps 'em in the hot tub. Latest craze to rival pressing. So anyhow, I think we all now know, Sergio is a thief and a liar, at the very least...

while we're at it, can we get a roll call of buyers?

Me and WP (4 boxes)

Meade

VT Comics

Poe

HouseofComics

sckao

who else and how many?

3 boxes for me :(

That's right, as I recall, you weren't terribly pleased, care to chime in?

Once again, the major point as I see it, is that CS used, and continued to use, Adam/Filter as the big selling aid to his scam. Without Adam's name and longbox lineage in the description, I doubt CS would have sold a single box.

We all know Adam is totally above board and would never rip anyone off - probably the opposite - as we've found out, CS financed the original longbox purchase by selling off the cream-of-the crop, so the book value was there.

That's why Adam felt the need to post the truth, as it became very clear that CS had sold and cherry-picked anything of value, then resold off the dregs under false and very fraudulent pretenses.

Also just received a PM saying CS would refund $25.00 per box, and an addition $10 once all heroes were sent to him.

$75 refund for $450 purchase is not going to work

Pictures posted her have shown what the quality of books in these boxes were.

I suggest all involved contact credit card company like I have

I will eat the shipping cost to get these books back to CS, which would be the $75 he wants to refund me, but I am not eating the 450 without a fight.

CS you knew these were juke, you sold them knowing they were junk, thats just wrong on many levels.

Me and WP (4 boxes)

Meade

VT Comics

Poe

HouseofComics

sckao

who else and how many?

:o Yikes!!! I am so glad I didn't buy one of these. I was thinking of buying one only because they had originally been Filter's boxes. I can't imagine how pizzed all of you are right now.

I was thinking of buying one only because they had originally been Filter's boxes.

Yep, but as we all know now, the physical "cardboard box" was the only thing that could be traced back to Filter. :tonofbricks:

Me and WP (4 boxes)

Meade

VT Comics

Poe

HouseofComics

sckao

who else and how many?

That's right, as I recall, you weren't terribly pleased, care to chime in?

Most books vg, with the next biggest set fine...very few above fine

A large number wavy with water damage and ALL smelled . Not as described by a long shot

my 4th box still hasn't arrived, but I just took a bunch of pics of the contents of the 3 that did. I'll upload them in a little bit after I pick-up some chinese take-out!

Be sure to wash your hands.

..after reading all 16 pages of this thread the answer is simple,...a bunch of people were sold damaged goods,..whether it was 20% of the total of the box or 100% it doesn't really matter,..damaged is damaged,...you should get a full refund and not just a credit for the damaged portion,..cause truth be told if some of them have mold then all of them probably have mold, probably just not in a degree that is visable as the worst of the lot,..even the ones that don't show evident signs of mold would have a stink embeded in the celulose of the paper,...It's highly unlikely that the seller did not notice this, as several of the buyers have indicated that they wouldn't even bring the boxes into their homes,...there was clear evidence to defraud here,..seller should be banned,..no brainer,...

Perhaps someone might want to try to coordinate a filing of IRS form 1099-MISC for "services rendered"?

File Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, for each person to whom you have paid during the year:

• At least $10 in royalties or broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest (see Box 8 on page 6);

• At least $600 in rents, services (including parts and materials), prizes and awards, other income payments, medical and health care payments, crop insurance proceeds, cash payments for fish (or other aquatic life) you purchase from anyone engaged in the trade or business of catching fish, or, generally, the cash paid from a notional principal contract to an individual, partnership, or estate;

• Any fishing boat proceeds; or

• Gross proceeds to an attorney.

..after reading all 16 pages of this thread the answer is simple,...a bunch of people were sold damaged goods,..whether it was 20% of the total of the box or 100% it doesn't really matter,..damaged is damaged,...you should get a full refund and not just a credit for the damaged portion,..cause truth be told if some of them have mold then all of them probably have mold, probably just not in a degree that is visable as the worst of the lot,..even the ones that don't show evident signs of mold would have a stink embeded in the celulose of the paper,...It's highly unlikely that the seller did not notice this, as several of the buyers have indicated that they wouldn't even bring the boxes into their homes,...there was clear evidence to defraud here,..seller should be banned,..no brainer,...

Ive followed this whole thing also. I agree with the post above, with JC, and many of the others. This guy should be banned, and he is full of krap. How many pages is this thing going to go round and round. Filter came on and explained what was in the boxes, period. The contents were altered when Comicseekers resold them. Its simple. No mystery. He tried to pawn off water damaged and fillers that no one would want or even try to sell to someone. They got mold......they should all be returned for a refund. Case closed.

P.S. Does anyone sell books on here any more. The sales threads have turned into a graveyard.

DRX

Ive followed this whole thing also. I agree with the post above, with JC, and many of the others. This guy should be banned, and he is full of krap. How many pages is this thing going to go round and round. Filter came on and explained what was in the boxes, period. The contents were altered when Comicseekers resold them. Its simple. No mystery. He tried to pawn off water damaged and fillers that no one would want or even try to sell to someone. They got mold......they should all be returned for a refund. Case closed.

P.S. Does anyone sell books on here any more. The sales threads have turned into a graveyard.

DRX

Yeah, what the heck is up with that? It's calmed down considerably just in the last couple weeks. I suspect Phil might be getting ready to get fired back up again, hopefully. His threads are always cool. Foolkiller just had a great thread, as always. But on the whole, not a ton going on.

DRX

Yeah, what the heck is up with that? It's calmed down considerably just in the last couple weeks. I suspect Phil might be getting ready to get fired back up again, hopefully. His threads are always cool. Foolkiller just had a great thread, as always. But on the whole, not a ton going on.

I suspect that some of it...not all, but some...is the regular occurance of matters of this nature.

It's certainly my reason for avoiding running sales threads...and in '07 and '08 I was probably the most active boarder in the Marketplace. :(

I could sell some stuff....but no one would buy from me.... lol

Oh, yeah? Got any Timely's for half guide? Line starts behind me fellas. I need a good deal after buying Subby's favorite books from 20000 leagues under the sea in all there mildewy moldy goodness.

Folks are holding back for the Virtual Comic Con. Starts tomorrow at 6 pm. Stick around! (thumbs u

Gotta admit, I saw his thread and was a bit surprised at the "I'll Take It's" getting thrown up.. especially when there's awesome, underpriced books like mine sitting unsold in the "for sale "forums. :baiting:

:wishluck:

:insane:

p.s. OH, and, especially after he was recently off of the probation list !!!