• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Report on Comicseekers Long Box

465 posts in this topic

The fact is, the pics that he supplied are NOT respresentative of the books in the boxes. There is water damage. There is considerably heavier duplication than he advertised. Plenty of reason to return the books in my opinion.

Agreed. I'll post whether or not we come to a mutually agreeable resolution.

I hope so for your well-being as that would send me through the roof if I asked all the right questions, received the right reassurance, and then garbage shows up and the seller claims ignorance or fraud on your part.

That's a double slap-to-the-face move that shouldn't be tolerated.

I hope the Probation Bible doesn't get too large with the latest trend.

I hope the Probation Bible doesn't get too large with the latest trend.

The way it's going, might be a shorter list if we only named the trustworthy people. :(

Thanks for this thread. A rational description of the books and excellent photos are appreciated.

I don't see a problem with 3 books having slightly more than 5 copies as it is a small percentage of the long box.

I do see a problem with:

Water damage, that comicseekers stated was not there, is clearly visible in the pictures.

comicseekers stating that he paid $150 for the books and Filter stating a much lower price. Granted comicseekers has claimed that he pulled out the moisture damaged books and that he is selling the 15 boxes for the same amount that he paid for Filter's 20 boxes. If so, that should have been disclosed in the auction text.

comicseekers' description of grades seems a tad overenthusiastic but you probably have grades mostly from VG to VF. Lots more VG than VF and the VF are all spoon.

Frankly, the books are junk and I suspect any book worth selling was culled long before comicseekers aquired them. I think comicseekers could have more honestly described the books and he certainly was incorrect about water damage.

Nice summary... (thumbs u

And stop spelling "apologizes" like a Limey! lol

lol

I spell a lot of words like that... neighbour, colour, humour..... I drove my early English teachers crazy when they'd tell me I spelled the word wrong, and I'd get out the dictionary and tell them they were wrong, with proof to back it up.

"Old English" spellings are not standard, but still correct. I am the same way a lot of the time.

-slym

You guys definitely got boned. Not too many people rub me the wrong way here but he was one of them.

This is the most disturbing post you've ever made, Nikos... :sick:

:P

I just wanna know how many people "rub him" for him to have a large enough sample to be able to distinguish the wrong way from the right way.

C

Ah... the answer to life, the universe..... and everything.

-slym

And stop spelling "apologizes" like a Limey! lol

lol

I spell a lot of words like that... neighbour, colour, humour..... I drove my early English teachers crazy when they'd tell me I spelled the word wrong, and I'd get out the dictionary and tell them they were wrong, with proof to back it up.

"Old English" spellings are not standard, but still correct. I am the same way a lot of the time.

-slym

Standard in Canada. Looks like you might be part Canadian. I will leave it up to other board members to speculate as to which body part.

Well, my lineage is Scots/Irish...

(shrug)

-slym

That explains a lot. :eek:

:jokealert:

No kidding. Loch Ness Drunk. :boo:

I have been known to hold my liquor well.

;)

-slym (likes bourbon over Irish whiskey)

I'm a Irish Whiskey fan myself. Try Redbreast. On the rocks really opens up the flavors etc. It's around $60 a bottle but well worth it IMHO. (thumbs u

I never said I didn't like Irish whiskey... I just prefer bourbon whiskey over it. And none of that Tennessee stuff either, it tastes exactly like charcoal.

:sick:

-slym (Maker's Mark is his baseline)

Great report. (thumbs u

Sounds like the best outcome would be a partial refund and the roadtrip for these books should end now.

Unless you want to send them over to someone in Texas to practice his pressing on hm

:eek:

Just for fun I've copied Comicseekers reply to my paypal dispute. Enjoy.

6/23/2009 09:25 PDT - Seller: I sold 18 of these boxes and they ARE EXACTLY as I described!Comics range from VG - VF/NM and they were all MARVEL and DCThere were well over 300 COMICS in the collection and ALL FROM 1970's!I added about 30 HEROES INC #1 AS STUFFING FOR THE BOX, those were all in NM/MT condition and retail for about $15 each!The buyer KEN sent me emails requesting that I send him quality items when he knew full well that this was a mixed lot of Marvel and DC'sMy opinin is that the buyer picked through the box for items he wanted and now wants to return the box!I WILL NOT REFUND HIM!Sergio

I never said I didn't like Irish whiskey... I just prefer bourbon whiskey over it. And none of that Tennessee stuff either, it tastes exactly like charcoal.

:sick:

-slym (Maker's Mark is his baseline)

(thumbs u