• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I lost my dispute with paypal.. *RANT*

60 posts in this topic

Dude, I am in the middle of s $1400 dispute with Paypal and it looks like I am going to lose. It's very difficult to win with the "not as described" arguement...especially when arguing with the condition of comic books.

Good luck.

R.

If someone hosed me for $1500.00, I would hunt that fugger down.

Oh, I'm in the process but the guy is on the exact opposite end of the Continent.

Believe me I am not ruling out a nice 2200 mile drive down.

;)

I'm sorry to hear about that. The letterhead business just seemed to me like a way to get you outta their hair.

I use paypal, and thankfully, I've had no problems out of it. But Paypal, like any other financial institution is a P.I.T.A.

Hope you get your money back.

The only thing that pizzes me off is lying scumbags like that. People who rip of others with no remorse and full of cockyness. I would break a bone for every dollar I got scammed for and sleep like a baby at night.

The only thing that pizzes me off is lying scumbags like that. People who rip of others with no remorse and full of cockyness. I would break a bone for every dollar I got scammed for and sleep like a baby at night.

:roflmao:

So getting scammed for $207 would confuse you ? hm

So getting scammed for $207 would confuse you ? hm

He would just break one of the bones into 3 pieces

Why are you guys even bothering with paypal disputes?

Go straight to the credit card company.

I have done it several times when sellers burned me and it has always worked.

Step 1 - ALWAYS pay for the purchase 100% with a credit card. Do not use a paypal balance. If you have a balance, first drain the balance to a bank account, and THEN pay with the credit card.

Step 2 - Item arrives and you are not happy

Step 3 - Ship it back and get a tracking number and tell seller you want a refund. If no refund, then proceed to ............

Step 4 - Contact credit card company DIRECTLY and tell them you sent the item back, give them the tracking number, and tell them you want a refund. I can tell you from personal experience that VISA and AMERICAN EXPRESS will grant you an immediate temporary credit on your statement. A month later it becomes final.

The credit card company does not even ask for you to fill out documents. They basically take your word for it.

Paypal will email you a couple weeks later and tell you that you have done a chargeback but that is the end of the matter. Paypal does NOT punish the buyer in any way. If you do it too many times, paypal might ban you, but I have done it several times over the years.

If someone hosed me for $1500.00, I would hunt that fugger down.

Oh, I'm in the process but the guy is on the exact opposite end of the Continent.

Believe me I am not ruling out a nice 2200 mile drive down.

;)

Pull yer finger out Roy, I'd jump across the pond the very next day for that kind of money :baiting:

Step 4 - Contact credit card company DIRECTLY and tell them you sent the item back, give them the tracking number, and tell them you want a refund. I can tell you from personal experience that VISA and AMERICAN EXPRESS will grant you an immediate temporary credit on your statement. A month later it becomes final.

The credit card company does not even ask for you to fill out documents. They basically take your word for it.

Is it just me, or do a lot of people not know about this? It's a revelation to me that the paypal dispute process is essentially worthless if you pay with a CC. Why in the world would anyone use paypal dispute if they pay with a CC? If I ever have a dispute that can't be solved between myself and the seller, I'll just go to the CC directly from now on.

Out of curiousity, what do you think the book grades out at, and what do you think an appropriate retail price would be?

If he refuses the package it is likely your best way out is to resell it.

I had a very similar story - was asked for an appraisal on formal letterhead. I made the letterhead myself for the appraiser with powerpoint. When you "fax" something all the "formality" is lost.

I will chime in and agree with the previous posters - follow the paypal process but work with your CC company almost immediately. The catch to watch out for when working with the CC is that if they reverse the charge, Paypal may ban you just for that.

The catch to watch out for when working with the CC is that if they reverse the charge, Paypal may ban you just for that.

This is not true. In the last 10 years I have done chargebacks against merchants who never sent me the items at least 10 times. Each time paypal sent me a confirmation email 2 weeks later acknowleding a chargeback has been started by the credit card company.

And that was the end of it. You do not hear from paypal again after that initial confirmation email they send you.

They do not ban you. If you do it too many times, yes, they would probably ban you. Don't forget paypal does not take these losses, they take it out of the seller's account. Paypal can even go directly into a seller's confirmed bank account and take money out of their bank account to get their chargeback money back (at least that's my understanding of the confirmed bank account thing).

I've been soo stressed out ever since i filed the dispute.. This guy is a thief.. Beware! I wish I can meet him in the flesh.... The things I'd do to this son of a B****

Brittle pages are not worth committing an assault.

similar experience as to what i had...i refused to use paypal for almost 2 years till my $1400 dispute was finally put to rest..2 years!.

i just reopened my paypal account two weeks ago...hoping for no problems.

good luck...at least you have your credit card company to work with.

i asume you still have the book? at least its not a total loss..i had nothing to show for the scam i got burnt on,until the police finally resolved it and paypal refunded my funds 2 years later.

Nope, I shipped the book via fed-ex today because that was what my credit card told me. I provided them with the tracking number. So i'm taking their word for it

What a bummer Brian, sorry to hear this is still not resolved.

I would take the high road with this guy, no need to give him any ammunition to use against you. Hope you get paid soon.