• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man I love my eBay Store!!!

334 posts in this topic

Especially when some wanker with 1 feedback and private as well buys 30 books and 10 minutes later negs me for all of them :acclaim:

Ok, so i got all the emails last night on my iPhone and was like :banana: then greggy pointed out to me this morning that he had neg-bombed me lol

So, i got in touch with ebay Feedback Team and I should get a reply in 24-48 on getting the feedback removed.

Supposedly, I wouldnt overnight shipping on the books :yeahok:. Of course I cant decline (like the buyer said) a request for overnight shipping because I never received a request for one.

So, in the future, i think i need to do the following, and if there are other ideas please toss em out.

Now, before some of you start with things like DONT DEAL WITH EBAY. STFU. Keep tripe like that out of the thread.

1-Block people with under 10 feedback from bidding without permission. Or is this even an option

2-Make all purchases be consumated with instant paypal payment. And include in my auction description that I will recalculate shipping after all purchases are paid for.

Any other suggestions?

And while i know eBay isnt all peaches and cream, it is a place where I can have an internet presence and have a reasonably inexpensive selling venue to park books.

Especially when some wanker with 1 feedback and private as well buys 30 books and 10 minutes later negs me for all of them :acclaim:

Ok, so i got all the emails last night on my iPhone and was like :banana: then greggy pointed out to me this morning that he had neg-bombed me lol

So, i got in touch with ebay Feedback Team and I should get a reply in 24-48 on getting the feedback removed.

Supposedly, I wouldnt overnight shipping on the books :yeahok:. Of course I cant decline (like the buyer said) a request for overnight shipping because I never received a request for one.

So, in the future, i think i need to do the following, and if there are other ideas please toss em out.

Now, before some of you start with things like DONT DEAL WITH EBAY. STFU. Keep tripe like that out of the thread.

1-Block people with under 10 feedback from bidding without permission. Or is this even an option

2-Make all purchases be consumated with instant paypal payment. And include in my auction description that I will recalculate shipping after all purchases are paid for.

Any other suggestions?

And while i know eBay isnt all peaches and cream, it is a place where I can have an internet presence and have a reasonably inexpensive selling venue to park books.

Sorry Arex.That just bites.

But you are right ebay is the cheapest way to have tons of people look at your books.

mikejones2299 (1)private

That is the "winners" eBay name.

Surely you dont think it could be one of the fine board members here do you :whistle:

And I think I can block private bidders cant I? Then give them the option to email me to unblock them?

Maybe you ticked someone off in another venue.

It wasn't me.

:)

Like what? The Silver Age Forum? lol

Seriously, this is my only venue that I hang out on online, so it is either:

1-Some wanker who did it for grins and giggles or

2-Some lame-O person from this board who has nothing else better to do than harass me through tactics like this.

Man that's rough, sure does sound as if someone has a grudge or something along those lines.

I know you can block bidders under a certain feedback score, but I've never really looked that much into it. That's a tough one to weed out, but it sounds like a one-off and I couldn't see something like that happening again anytime soon.

Just beat block his *spoon*

1 - You can only block bidders with negative total score feedback

2 - The problem with instant payments is that the buyer cannot consolidate the shipping charges (important for comics)

Anyone who has a grudge with Arex and pulls this sort of thing is a coward and a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

I really hope it's not someone from here. But it wouldn't shock me one bit.

All the above is assuming it's not done as a prank, which would sort of make it funny if it wasn't so close to being across the line

Man that's rough, sure does sound as if someone has a grudge or something along those lines.

I know you can block bidders under a certain feedback score, but I've never really looked that much into it. That's a otugh one to weed out, but it sounds like a one-off and I couldn't see something like that happening again anytime soon.

I hope not. In the end it really isnt anything more than a small nuisance to me. None of those books are "Red-Hot" or anyhting. Although the word on the street is that Blackhawk is heating up with a movie release coming out in 2112 or something like that :tongue:

Ill file the NPB reports in 7 days and get my fees back. Then I might just send all the stuff I have listed in the store to a regular auction or sell them here fro cheap.

Mike Jones

4534 Hopewell Road

FISHERS ISLAND, NY 06390 United States

Why does this name sound familiar?

1 - You can only block bidders with negative total score feedback

2 - The problem with instant payments is that the buyer cannot consolidate the shipping charges (important for comics)

I agree that making the instant payment a little more of a hassle for the buyer. However, I would make sure that the language in my auctions would assure the buyer that I would refund them for the extra shipping charges they had.

Mike Jones

4534 Hopewell Road

FISHERS ISLAND, NY 06390 United States

Why does this name sound familiar?

Mike Jones is the name of a semi-famous rapper. Well, famous enough that Ive heard of him. Which for today's crappers, i mean rappers, is somewhat saying something.

Now if it was Chuck D. or KRS-One buying, i would be like :luhv:

Of course, Mike Jones isnt the most uncommon name in the world either