• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay ASM lot 3 - 20 VFs and NMs

7 posts in this topic

Amazing auction.

Get in line!

No refunds.

No Paypal.

Two small scans.

Grading gestimations; "3) 1st apperances of Dr. Octopuss -- I would gestimate NM condition"

Why would anyone sell their comics like that?

He/she must have some idea of their value or the BIN wouldn't be $7000.

They have $10,000+ worth of high grade comics but can't get a $100 scanner and take a big picture, or pay Andale $10 for a month's rent to get some web space to upload the large scans?

OK, I know I've used my quota for starting new threads for awhile and was going to quiet down, but then I saw this auction.

Last one for a bit... I promise! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

This is the best line I've ever seen:

I have the no refund stipulation because my comics could easily be substitued and bad conditioned ones could be sent back -- The only way i could ever offer a refund on an auction like this would be CGI GRADING which i dont have the time or money to put into

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I'm sitting at my desk and I still can't stop laughing! People are begining to stare 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

Hmm.. this person has only sold to two people on eBay before, and one of those two people left him a negative. No scans, no refunds, accepts money orders only and refers to "CGI" grading.. whatever that is. I wonder what would happen if someone asked if this seller accepted Escrow? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd say the odds of the buyer of this auction receiving anything remotely close to what they think they are going to get (if they receive anything at all) would have to be at least 25 to 1....