• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We all like Horror comics! What is your Favorite Horror Sc-Fi Television series?

Favorite Horror / Sci Fi TV shows  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Horror / Sci Fi TV shows

101 posts in this topic

I really enjoy reading horror and sc- fi comics even if I can't afford to collect a bunch of minty ECs, I can read my reprints.

I also love old television shows. Now that I can stay up as late as I want,I often watch old T.V. shows on the internet that my Mom wouldn't let me watch as a kid.

Here is a list of mostly horror themed TV anthology series from the '60's to the current days. These are the ones with the short stories /vignettes. They usually come with the twist at the end where the person gets what is coming to them. Sometimes there is the big scare.

Some you may not have heard of. You can almost always find episodes on You Tube, Hulu, IMDB, or other internet sites where you can watch them absolutely free.

I included some that were on the side of suspense and Sci-Fi rather than chillers. You can't really NOT include the Outer Limits and Twilight Zone.

A lot of these stories are either taken from ECs and those type of horror comics. If you have a favorite comic book related episode let me know!

Some of my favorite all time episodes include the Twilight Zone S1 Ep#2 "One for the Angels", s2 ep#6 "Eye of the beholder". Then Night Gallery's episodes "Pamela's Voice" "The Devil is not Mocked" "Professor Peabody's Last Lecture" "Hell's Bell's" and "Satisfaction Guaranteed". Night Gallery was one of my favorites.

One on the list "Amazing Stories" was not particularly scary but did have stories with a supernatural and sci-fi flair. EVERYONE who enjoys collecting should see the episode called "Gather Ye Acorns" you will really enjoy it watch till the end!! I also liked "Thanksgiving" and all of the Amazing Stoires shows are available to view instantly on Netflix or on You Tube.

Vote in the Poll! Tell everyone about your favorite episodes or link episodes to your favorite Horror comic book stories!

You forgot "Friday the 13th: The Series." I think they still have not put this out on DVD, and it was a good series.
Was it an ongoing series? I was only listing anthologies of short stories / vignettes that stand alone.

I honestly don't recall it at all!

Where is 'Sex in the City'?

I mean really...Sarah Jessica Parker could give Freddy a run for his money.

Agggggrh oh sorry I screamed I forgot..I was trying to forget that series. Scary old bats dressed up in $1200 shoes carrying $2000 purses drinking Cosmos and prowling for..I have to push it out of my mind too scary...Freddy was less wrinkley than some of those gals!!

You forgot "Friday the 13th: The Series." I think they still have not put this out on DVD, and it was a good series.

Agreed, I used to love that series (Freddy's Nightmares as well)

My vote went with Hitchcock Presents though :headbang:

Hammer House of Horror! :applause:

Scared the bejeezus out of me when I was probably far too young to be watching. Some of that stuff stayed with me for years, even to this day!

Love the theme music

Agreed, I used to love that series (Freddy's Nightmares as well)

My vote went with Hitchcock Presents though :headbang:

Even though it wasn't really "Horror" or "Sci-Fi" i went with hitchcock, as well. Watched it for many, many years.....

Of course i totally understand why Twilight Zone is crushing the competition... :cloud9: