• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We all like Horror comics! What is your Favorite Horror Sc-Fi Television series?

Favorite Horror / Sci Fi TV shows  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Horror / Sci Fi TV shows

101 posts in this topic

You forgot "Friday the 13th: The Series." I think they still have not put this out on DVD, and it was a good series.

+ 1.......I also like "Swamp Thing, The Series"....they did an amazing makeup job on Durrock (sp) as the Swamp Thing.I wish you'd given us multiple choices.....I had a heck of a time choosing between Tales from the Crypt and The Outer Limits. Cool poll....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Outer Limits..... Demon with a Glass Hand and Soldier :cloud9: great Ellison

Followed close by Twilight Zone (actually like some of the Richard Matheson episodes the best). And the later series had some good episodes....Paladin of the Lost Hour....Danny Kaye and Glynn Turman (very underrated actor) both gave emmy worthy performances.

And third...Night Gallery

Anybody know if there are any Night Gallery episodes on the net?

Yes! You can watch them on You Tube! There are other sites that have them too google "watch night gallery for free" They may have them on IMDB as well.

X-Files and Carnivale are my favorite "supernatural" TV shows, but for just the anthology type I would have to go with The Twilight Zone. I don't remember the names of the episodes, but I really liked these...

The one with the kid who rules the town because his thoughts become reality.

William Shatner thinks the napkin holder that dispenses fortunes can tell his furture.

The Invaders (I think). A farmhouse gets attacked by little metal aliens.

George Takei and another man relive WW2, years after it happened, in the man's attic.

The episode where a family is given masks to match their personality flaws, with startling results!

I like that little napkin holder episode too! Several good choices there!

You left out 2 of my favorites. Science Fiction Theater hosted by Truman Bradly. And One Step Beyond (original series) hosted by Newman.

Wow ! How could I forget One Step Beyond! Sorry I didn't know the other one. A lot of the suggestions like the Munsters,The Night Stalker were not in the vignette style that is why I did not put them on the poll.

I did want to know if anyone here remembers the Amazing Stories episode "Gather Ye Acorns" It is about a boy who gets advice from a troll who tells him not to listen to his mother and father. He tells the little boy to keeps his old toys,comic books, what nots. The boy turns 16 and gets a car. The troll says no don't listen to your parents, don't go to college, don't worry about a job, just keep gathering your acorns.

It has some really great scenes featuring comic books. I highly suggest watching it. It is available to watch on You Tube and instant watch on Netflix.

It reminds me a lot of myself. I did not posess the ability to keep my mom from throwing all my stuff out. My mom is a throw awayer, I am a keeper

I could start a whole new thread for old TV horror show hosts! I just loved the one that hosted them in the Florida area when I was a tater tot..

"Creature Feature was shown from 1973 until 1995 on WTOG-TV Channel 44 in the Tampa Bay Area. Its host was Bennick Sr., performing under the name "Dr. Paul Bearer". The show created a large fan-following, and was recognized as the longest-running Creature Feature in America. The show was canceled after Bennick died following open heart surgery in 1995."

When I was little I went to one of his autograph signings and I got my picture in the Tampa Tribune with him as part of a story about the long running series.

Each area had it's own horror host who's your favorite?

There were so many but there is Dr. Paul Bearer, Deadly Ernest , Count Gore Vo dal, Svengoolie, Bob Wilkins, The Creep,Dr. San Guinary, Cremetia Mortem, Dr.Shock, Asmodeous, and so many others!!! I am wondering how you post those you tube clips on here??

Xfiles was an ongoing series not an anthology vignette type! We could definitely have a poll a mile long with all the sci fi/ horror series of the ongoing storyline style. Again this was just a poll of the short stories type shows.

The original Outer Limits . I was 6 years old when it debuted . Scared the hell out of me!! Twilight Zone , my 2nd fave, too many shows to list that were great . My 3rd Fave was / is still The Invaders . Picked up both seasons on dvd, still watching and enjoying them. Nostalgia!! :cloud9: and when I want light hearted , The Munsters and The Adams Family Speaking of, Monstermania "convention" in NJ "Cherry Hill" August, will have a Adams Family Reunion . I'll be there , should be Fun..

Gotta go with the majority...hard to beat The Twilight Zone :headbang:

Oh Yeah! Forever Knight was Awesome!

Twilight Zone and the original Outer Limits are tough to beat. And also for us old fartz Boris Karloff's "THRILLER".

DRX

I could start a whole new thread for old TV horror show hosts! I just loved the one that hosted them in the Florida area when I was a tater tot..

"Creature Feature was shown from 1973 until 1995 on WTOG-TV Channel 44 in the Tampa Bay Area. Its host was Bennick Sr., performing under the name "Dr. Paul Bearer". The show created a large fan-following, and was recognized as the longest-running Creature Feature in America. The show was canceled after Bennick died following open heart surgery in 1995."

When I was little I went to one of his autograph signings and I got my picture in the Tampa Tribune with him as part of a story about the long running series.

Each area had it's own horror host who's your favorite?

There were so many but there is Dr. Paul Bearer, Deadly Ernest , Count Gore Vo dal, Svengoolie, Bob Wilkins, The Creep,Dr. San Guinary, Cremetia Mortem, Dr.Shock, Asmodeous, and so many others!!! I am wondering how you post those you tube clips on here??

Ours was Chiller Theater with Chilly Billy! :applause:

you can watch some night gallery episodes on youtube, I broke down & got the season 2 box set since it is so well done. Great set for the money!

Have they released all seasons yet? I forget if it had 2 or 3 seasons.

I don't like horror comics. This is the first place where I've actually seen horror comic collectors. :eek: