• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We all like Horror comics! What is your Favorite Horror Sc-Fi Television series?

Favorite Horror / Sci Fi TV shows  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Horror / Sci Fi TV shows

101 posts in this topic

Outer Limits..... Demon with a Glass Hand and Soldier :cloud9: great Ellison.

Demon with a Glass Hand starring Robert Culp was one of my favorites also. I hate when you loose those computerized fingers and forget who you are! I also liked "THE DUPLICATE MAN". Its sad when you have to make a double of yourself to kill those pesky Megazoids that were smuggled to Earth illegally. lol

DRX

Where is Buffy the vampire slayer? :baiting:

Buffy, Angel, XFiles, Aliens, NightStalker, Muntsers, Addams Family..again these were not vignette type anthologies I was going for. I was talking about shows that were short stories usually 30 mins-hr long and a one shot story like the comic book stories in Haunt of Fear and Tales /Crypt. You got the whole story in one show without an ongoing story line.

I have heard a lot of good stories you guys! I do like the Night Gallery episodes that include Lovecraft very good choices I am a avid fan of all horror/Sci-Fi genre stuff with the exceptiong of full out splatter flicks. I do like Japanese horror flicks (Takashi Mike) which can be pretty freaky. I am also a big fan of Full Moon stuff. I actually blew out my vocal chords once doing scream recordings once! I am a big fan of Halloween (cue Ministry song) I have currently make OOAK horror/ creepy creations.

you can watch some night gallery episodes on youtube, I broke down & got the season 2 box set since it is so well done. Great set for the money!

Have they released all seasons yet? I forget if it had 2 or 3 seasons.

Season 3 is not out yet. It's a short season, but has 2 of the BEST episodes, so I hope they do put it out.

you can watch some night gallery episodes on youtube, I broke down & got the season 2 box set since it is so well done. Great set for the money!

Have they released all seasons yet? I forget if it had 2 or 3 seasons.

Season 3 is not out yet. It's a short season, but has 2 of the BEST episodes, so I hope they do put it out.

you can go to NitghGallery.net to see a list of all the epsodes and the paintings from the series. I PM'd you too :)

http://www.boomspeed.com/rs0429/devilgirl.jpg

Twilight Zone, but you also forgot Kolchak: The Night Stalker

I loved Kolchak when I was a kid.

Kolchak was a great show. I would love to watch the series again.

They are available on Netflix and several areas on the web for free instant watching! They were ahead of their time for content as far as an ongoing series goes.

:)

I thought that NightGallery was the scariest at the time. Not sure what it was about that one but I did vote for it. I would love to see some of the episodes now.

Outerl Limits was great. I liked "We control the vertical. We control the horizontal", etc. and I'll be damned if the picture on the old black and white set we had was not perfect during that show. I would put that a close second.

And of course I have now seen every Twilight Zone at least a couple of times. Great writing, stories and the cast of actors that got their starts in various shows was phenominal. Burgess Meredith setting out piles and piles of books to read after the destruction of the world and then breaking his glasses.

I thought that NightGallery was the scariest at the time. Not sure what it was about that one but I did vote for it. I would love to see some of the episodes now.

Outerl Limits was great. I liked "We control the vertical. We control the horizontal", etc. and I'll be damned if the picture on the old black and white set we had was not perfect during that show. I would put that a close second.

And of course I have now seen every Twilight Zone at least a couple of times. Great writing, stories and the cast of actors that got their starts in various shows was phenominal. Burgess Meredith setting out piles and piles of books to read after the destruction of the world and then breaking his glasses.

Burgess Meredith appeared in a few more episodes also. He was in Mister Dingle the Strong, and Printers Devil I believe with Julie Newmar (Catwoman). Great episodes.

DRX

There was a a TV movie in 1975 called Trilogy of Terror that was composed of 3 stories that I remember was one of the scariest things I ever saw on TV

The Voodoo doll story with Karen Black was amazing.

This is is just that last part of it from youtube (you can find the other portions of it also on youtube but the last part is the the best.)

I wish this poll had the option to pick two shows. I think the original Outer Limits would've come in second to Twilight Zone. :sorry:

Honorable mention: Night Gallery

I wish this poll had the option to pick two shows. I think the original Outer Limits would've come in second to Twilight Zone. :sorry:

Honorable mention: Night Gallery

Your probably right, but they were both great shows. The Twilight Zone has it beat also just by the number of episodes. If I remeber correctly, the Outer Limits debuted on Monday nights. It was doing so well they thought they would move it to Saturday night prime-time the second season. That was a mistake as they put it in the same time slot as THE JACKIE GLEASON SHOW. Bad move. It was cancelled after the second season. I think this was the story anyway.

DRX

Twilight Zone hands down for me. Favorite horror move is "Black Christmas" or I think the TV version was "Stranger in the House" with John Saxon and I think Olivia de Hussey?. Made back in th '70s. Very dated now, but when I saw it as a kid, made me look around in the attic very throughly.

Alright someone help me out. I believe it was a Night Gallery episode. A couple buys a house with pictures or sketches with odd looking creatures in them. Theres a room with a round well with a huge cement cover. Some one removes he cover and the creatures drag the women or the man down, I dont remember. The things were big and kind of hopped around like frogs. I'm not talking about the movie with Willian Demerst and the little people that tied the women up in the end with rope and drug her into the basement while the husband was frantically driving home. I think that was called "DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK". This was a episode on some series,and I thought it was Night Gallery. Any help.

DRX

Alright someone help me out. I believe it was a Night Gallery episode. A couple buys a house with pictures or sketches with odd looking creatures in them. Theres a room with a round well with a huge cement cover. Some one removes he cover and the creatures drag the women or the man down, I dont remember. The things were big and kind of hopped around like frogs. I'm not talking about the movie with Willian Demerst and the little people that tied the women up in the end with rope and drug her into the basement while the husband was frantically driving home. I think that was called "DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK". This was a episode on some series,and I thought it was Night Gallery. Any help.

DRX

Is this where you would hear them talking with each other as well saying, "Let's get her now," and you'd hear the response, "No. We'll get her later" as I seem to remember this as a kid and not wanting to go in the basement for a long time.

It was a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069992/

Here is a Youtube movie review. This it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM8vduU-B7o

DRX

Is this where you would hear them talking with each other as well saying, "Let's get her now," and you'd hear the response, "No. We'll get her later" as I seem to remember this as a kid and not wanting to go in the basement for a long time.

It was a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069992/

Right, thats the second thing I referenced to in the above post, and its the movie with Willian Demerst as the handyman who knows about the little things behing the bolted up fireplace. These things came out of a well which came up through the floor and had a big concete cover on it to hold them in there.But this was a episode in a series. I can still picture these things squating down with there antennae like things sticking up and big eyes and pointy ears..They were human sized!

DRX