• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GI JOE #21,..Still worth slabbing?

77 posts in this topic

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned Nick and TJ!

With deepest apologies to Herman Melville.

Thanks, Sean Ahab. But keep your "spear" to yourself. :baiting:

...this thread is getting a little off track,.... just to bring some closure to it I just want to let you know the owner decided not to slab it and sold the book raw,..thanks for everyone that inquired about it though. I will be posting the rest of the run which is in the same condition, for sale in the marketplace.

If the book precedes (or in this case, FARRRRR precedes) the film, I just don't see the allure of getting the actor's sig.

I have a first edition of Ian Fleming's James Bond book "Octopussy" signed by Maud Adams. :blush:

Ray Park's signature on a G.I. Joe #21 just seems wrong, though. :sorry:

- Gene (not Ray) Park

If the book precedes (or in this case, FARRRRR precedes) the film, I just don't see the allure of getting the actor's sig.

I have a first edition of Ian Fleming's James Bond book "Octopussy" signed by Maud Adams. :blush:

- Gene (not Ray) Park

I agree - I did pick up one of the Marvel Joe's with his signature but I wasn't all that excited about it. I would like to have the movie adaption #4 photo cover of Snake Eye's with his signature on it - that seems to make more sense.

- Gene (not Ray) Park

I agree - I did pick up one of the Marvel Joe's with his signature but I wasn't all that excited about it. I would like to have the movie adaption #4 photo cover of Snake Eye's with his signature on it - that seems to make more sense.

+1

Keep your eyes on this space, as I'm going to post some of the coolest Joe comic pics you guys have seen, possibly ever!! All I have to say is: Hama, issue 21, sketch. They'll be here in about two weeks.

I know this isn't a copper age book, but wanted you guys to see it next to the original GI Joe 21! Signed by Josh Blaylock, Mike Zeck, John Beatty, Herb Trimpe, the late Michael Turner, and signed and sketched (see the tattoo above Stormy) by Mr. Joe himself, Larry Hama.

GIJoe21sixsignatures.jpg[/img]