• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 57 The Vision

18 posts in this topic

Really clean cover but no gloss in the black inked area? but the red has gloss. Is it supposed to be that way on this particular issue? Front top center index finger bend but not a full crease. Owl white pages 9-10. There are a few some tics. Front top left corner has slight loose chip. Bottom front left corner slightly soft. Back crease by artist coupon. Tic 1/3 up on spine. Back top left corner with slight curve. I don't know, what do you people think on the grade?

Front:

Avengers57Big.jpg

Back:

Avengers57BigBack.jpg

Thanks,

Colugo

strange that ther's no gloss on the black?? printing defect?..the black area IS usually glossy...8.0/8.5

Actually most copies I've seen don't have gloss. The blacks are pretty flat.

strange that ther's no gloss on the black?? printing defect?..the black area IS usually glossy...8.0/8.5

I believe that is correct too. :grin:

+1 in my coolecting of this ish. (I've owned two CGC 9.4's, neither had huge gloss)

+1 in my coolecting of this ish. (I've owned two CGC 9.4's, neither had huge gloss)

your problably right...the black area tends to have LESS gloss than the red area..but on high grade copies,it still has SOME gloss...the cgc 9.6 white i sold WAS glossy in the black area...as well as the copy i just sent in to cgc..good amount of gloss on the black.