• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 First Print

PGM TMNT #1  

135 members have voted

1. 1. PGM TMNT #1

23 posts in this topic

I'm just curious how you guys would grade my copy of TMNT #1? I have my thoughts on it, but I'm submitting it for Signature Series (first book submission), and I'm curious to see grade you think it is. I've also include a picture of the inside with a sketch and signature by Peter Laird.

6-13.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

7-3.jpg

I got one of these too. You got to love the turtles. My is signed by Kevin and Peter but I didn't get the cool extra illustration like yours, maybe in San Diego? Anyway cool copy, I gave it a 7.5 for the extra added illustration and the signature.

Cheers!

Colugo

hm So far, looks like I'm pegging this harder than others. I know I tend to come down harder on color-breaking creases when on a black cover though than if it were another color.

Usually it just drops the blue grade down. Not sure that I've ever seen one of these with sigs already inside get a green, and I've seen alot of signed blues (including mines)

Why would a signature drop the grade down? In my opinion I would find it way more collectable with the creator's autograph. Having an autographed LP signed by Elvis Presley is better than just the LP alone. The very thought knowing the artist took a few seconds in their life to give you the time and sign the object, whatever it is, makes it more unique. Or were you thinking because there is no witness confirmation for authentication? Either way it is cool.

Colugo :)

Usually it just drops the blue grade down. Not sure that I've ever seen one of these with sigs already inside get a green, and I've seen alot of signed blues (including mines)

Unwitnessed signatures get a green label unless you request a blue label with the relevant grade hit.

How does one get a confirmed signature? I know the people at CGC are not gonna follow you around or wait. Who is the third party witness besides you and the person who gives the autograph?

Thanks,

Colugo

Colugo, first welcome to the boards! :hi: Second, I'd suggest you check out the Signature Room forum of the boards--I think you'd find it a cool place to learn more about CGC signature authentication.

Here's a question for you graders: I understand the blue label with defect or green label with pinpoint grading; however, since I see NO way this book will grade higher than a VF- (and as I mentioned, I'm aiming a bit lower than that), wouldn't an unverified signature and sketch still be allowable in mid-grade w/o actually detracting from the grade?

Are there any torn pages on the inside? I either read something, or somebody told me one time that the first printed edition had problems with torn pages due to machinery processing when the books were being assembled.

Colugo :)

The interior is in perfectly fine shape--the defects for this book are right where you can see them.

:hi: Grandpa! Did you lose your glasses again? It's ok. :grin::baiting:

I keep clicking on the thumbnails, but nothing happens . . . :baiting: