• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Earliest Existing 10.0 Gem Mint Book

37 posts in this topic

Easy to grade when there's no cover.

I beg to differ. It is pretty darn hard to maintain an all news print comic and it is harder to grade two because certain elements that are restricted to a glossy cover are not present. It is also pretty darn tough to maintain sharp corners on a newsprint book ... or prevent spine rolling for that matter.

I think there is a Captain Canuck #1 from around 1975 in 10.0

The Canucks strike again

But was that CGC or PGX? If it was pgx you can just ignore that grade since PGX gives out more 10's then cgc ever could.

There is a CGC 10.0 on the census.

I might be wrong, but I think it is owned by that guy that FROZE all his comics.

He wanted $5000 for it I seem to recall.

Reynold Jay. Someday he'll wake up, I hope.

Why .......... did he freeze himself too?

saying is he owned an ice cream factory and therefore, yes, froze them for better preservation. He came up with a ton of awesome grades so clearly he knew what he was doing.

Here is a post that was very similiar to your inquiry:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3109337&fpart=1

Attached is a view into the top 30 CGC books graded as Mint 10.0 sorted by the issue year in oldest to newest order:

cgctop30mintyearasc.gif

- bounty

Check my link, this chart isn't correct (just outdated, I assume). It doesn't have the Aurora model kit books, DD # 157, ASM # 216, Dr. Strange #58, LOSH # 300, etc.

http://www.gregholland.com/cgc/customissues.asp?pickgrade=100

He also knows how to run a press.

And I know who he uses, and it IS NOT Matt Nelson.

Matt Nelson is passé.

:whatev:

lol

Well, unfortunately he seems to be the poster boy when someone says "professional pressing."

There is a Vanguard Illustrated 2 CGC 10.0? WOW!

That is a gorgeous Dave Stevens cover.

vanguard%20illustrated%202%20Dave%20Stevens.jpg

As far as Marvel Team-Up 117, I think there are two 10.0 copies out there, but it always seemed one of the oddest perspective covers I've ever seen as Wolverine's arm looks like it should be on the Hulk.

MarvelTeam-Up117.jpg

Shout out to buttock for teaching me the word, contrarian.

Definition please.

A person who takes a contrary position or attitude.

No it isn't.

Check my link, this chart isn't correct (just outdated, I assume). It doesn't have the Aurora model kit books, DD # 157, ASM # 216, Dr. Strange #58, LOSH # 300, etc.

http://www.gregholland.com/cgc/customissues.asp?pickgrade=100

Yep outdated (thumbs u ...this was research I was doing back in March.