• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manufactured Gold

2,576 posts in this topic

But given the fact that they won't, what's our other option to extract the info and get it out there?

We don't...we just treat the company with the same respect they do their customers. We obviously aren't important enough to address directly...then why should we respect their views?

This deliberate, or inability, to address their customers, publicly, on issues is confounding to me. It's as if they know people are hooked on their product, with a customer base that's perceived to be less than mature due to the hobby they function in, and feel it's fine to string them along. They'll always come back in their eyes because they can't see, or aren't able due to not wanting to know, when they are being played...

Jim

I have to disagree. Mark's thread got out of hand. Wild speculation, me arguing with him because I thought the language in some of his posts was intentionally provocative, etc. But as soon as Steve called him, and Mark posted Steve's answers, everything quieted down, and it was obvious that a mountain had been made of a mole hill. And a very small mole hill. Like a studio mole hill.

Yes, I wish Steve had posted his answers immediately after Mark first posted them, but getting the information and putting an end to the negative feelings in that thread is way better than letting it continue.

It's obvious that I don't have as cynical view of CGC as you do. But even if you're completely right, and we're all being "played", wouldn't our failure to try to obtain information that they apparently do not want to post on the boards themselves be playing right into their hands? Why help them keep the info from being put out there?

It's obvious that I don't have as cynical view of CGC as you do. But even if you're completely right, and we're all being "played", wouldn't our failure to try to obtain information that they apparently do not want to post on the boards themselves be playing right into their hands? Why help them keep the info from being put out there?

Why care? They don't...why should we? Give them a little of their own medicine...

Jim

Why care? They don't...why should we? Give them a little of their own medicine...

Jim

Sorry, I still don't get it. Knowledge is power. I'd rather have it than not.

I have to disagree. Mark's thread got out of hand. Wild speculation, me arguing with him because I thought the language in some of his posts was intentionally provocative, etc. But as soon as Steve called him, and Mark posted Steve's answers, everything quieted down, and it was obvious that a mountain had been made of a mole hill. And a very small mole hill. Like a studio mole hill.

This isn't just about Mark's thread. The thread just highlighted what has become routine. CGC doesn't fully debate and address customers' concerns publicly if even the hint of a follow-up rebuttal is possible. It's like they can't take the heat for their own policies.

And letting others pass the messages secondhand allows them a degree of shielding should the info become a problem with comicdom...

Jim

Knowledge is power. I'd rather have it than not.

Agreed...but I'm not going to jump through manipulated hoops to get it...

I'm not a comic or slabbed crackbaby...makepoint.gif

Jim

Understood. Honest disagreement. flowerred.gif

Jeff

I think everyone would prefer that Steve, or someone from CGC, would just post this stuff on the boards, but given the fact that they won't, isn't this the best way?

Hell no it's not...I'd like to think a company looked at as one of the leader's in the hobby, whether warranted or not, would be able to speak for themselves. Not relying on their message getting out secondhand. This isn't the Romper Room game "Tell Your Neighbor"... foreheadslap.gif

But of course we are talking comic books here... bet it wouldn't surprise Joe Public these tactics are used in a perceived kid's hobby...

Jim

They are speaking for themselves. Just not on the message board. It puzzles me that you and others seem unable to grasp this essential detail. foreheadslap.gif

I think everyone would prefer that Steve, or someone from CGC, would just post this stuff on the boards, but given the fact that they won't, isn't this the best way?

Hell no it's not...I'd like to think a company looked at as one of the leader's in the hobby, whether warranted or not, would be able to speak for themselves. Not relying on their message getting out secondhand. This isn't the Romper Room game "Tell Your Neighbor"... foreheadslap.gif

But of course we are talking comic books here... bet it wouldn't surprise Joe Public these tactics are used in a perceived kid's hobby...

Jim

They are speaking for themselves. Just not on the message board. It puzzles me that you and others seem unable to grasp this essential detail. foreheadslap.gif

Well, it is their message board afterall, that does represent their company in some fashion. Why on earth would I expect them to have a voice here, of all place's ?

You are right, what was I thinking foreheadslap.gif Silly us for thinking they would feel compelled to answer a few serious and possibly damaging questions surrounding their business, and how it might affect the hobby. Why on earth would they do that.?

Silly us.. foreheadslap.gif

Sir Scott has spoken, shame on us for thinking otherwise.

All hail Sir Bono hail.gif He hath spoken.

Jim

Your premise would make far more sense if CGC officers and staff did not routinely post on these boards, arbitrarily respond to whatever posts they see fit, announce new policies (and respond within those threads) and maintain - though randomly utilize - a Q & A thread.

It puzzles me that you and others seem unable to grasp these essential details. foreheadslap.gif

Jim

Your premise would make far more sense if CGC officers and staff did not routinely post on these boards, arbitrarily respond to whatever posts they see fit, announce new policies (and respond within those threads) and maintain - though randomly utilize - a Q & A thread.

It puzzles me that you and others seem unable to grasp these essential details. foreheadslap.gif

Wait a minute, 2 lawyers are puzzeled? At the same time?

What does this mean? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Will time stop as we know it, or is there hope?

flowerred.gif

Ze-

Jim

flowerred.gif

Ze-

Nah, lawyers disagree all the time. gossip.gif

Dag nabit Mark, you are puzzeled!!! Not in dissagreement.... wait.. that was sarcasm wasn't it?

I am not a caveman lawyer, so I will sit and watch.

Ze-

Jim

flowerred.gif

Ze-

Isn't that what you're trained & inevitably paid to do? confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

flowerred.gif

Ze-

Isn't that what you're trained & inevitably paid to do? confused-smiley-013.gif

We even switch sides on positions, as FFB aptly demonstrates all the time. poke2.gif