• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculation: X-statix writer to New X-men. Say hello to Mr Toilet!!

3 posts in this topic

Posted at Cinescape.com Here is the link

http://cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Comics&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270363&obj_id=40534

Speculation is that Joss Whedon may be involved with the New X-men along with X-statix writer Pete Milligan.

You know, i used to love the X-statix, as Ive commented here, but man, what a waste of good characters/possible storylines that title has been for the last 5-6 issues. Seems to be going nowhere or at very least, extremely slow getting somewhere. So, Im hoping if he comes over to New X-men, the same wont happen there. Thoughts?

Milligan has some talent... but this is clearly the wrong kind of book for him... He would be far better off on a title with one or two leads and a couple of supporting characters. He has a very hard time developing chemistry between his characters and winds up breaking the "show don't tell" rule all the time as a result...

I am so very glad that I only have to read X-Statix every other month because I can assign it to someone else half the time... thumbsup2.gif

Yea, for some reason i actually like the art on the book though I know its a love/hate kinda thing. Im just disappointed with the book because it has so much potential character wise. I think a changing of the guard on that book will do some good. I think its one of the most under utilized books marvel currently prints right now.