• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what book is the Amazing Fantasy 15 from the modern/copper age?

130 posts in this topic

Copper Age - TMNT #1

Modern Age - Goon #1

It's a little early for Goon (or Walking Dead, as mentioned earlier) to be in the discussion.

Where's Bone #1?

How about Strangers In Paradise #1?

Both of those titles have tiny print runs, won the awards, crossed some barriers, and become fan favorites

in more substantial ways than Goon or Walking Dead. They're still "flavor-of-the-day" titles.

I predict that the "Zombie Fad" will die (pun intended)... and that Goon will remain obscurer than Hellboy.

Well this complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person thinks a CGC 9.4 ASM #300 is on par with being the best copper book with his awesome price tag....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310128369799&viewitem=&salenotsupported

he refused your $39 offer eh?

hm

The dope wants an almost 9.8 price for a average book in 9.4.

I want to :slapfight: his face. (thumbs u

ASM #300

ASM 300 is the same character with a new costume and artist, so it does not get my vote.

TMNT I have never read. After watching them on TV with my kids, I just have no interest. (shrug)

Agreed on Spidey.

If you can find a cheap way to do it, give the first four issues of TMNT a shot. It's not anything like the cartoons!

ASM #300

ASM 300 is the same character with a new costume and artist, so it does not get my vote.

TMNT I have never read. After watching them on TV with my kids, I just have no interest. (shrug)

I think Spawn 1 could be a candidate I would vote for. I love the black and white variant cover.

Spawn 1 is never going to become "the Amazing Fantasy 15 from the modern/copper age" simply because there are a million hoarded, pristine copies of it out there; there's never going to be a time when someone who wants to own a copy of this book won't be able to track one down for a price barely above cover.

The fact of the matter is that, as of this post, there is no copper/modern book out there that's ever going to rival AF15 when it comes to price, popularity, and cross-over appeal. As much I'd love to think that Bone #1, Cerebus #1, SiP #1 or TMNT #1 would do this, these books are way too niche-oriented to fill this role.

For a modern/copper collector such as myself these are true keys, sure, but even my mom knows that the 1st appearance of Spider-man is worth a lot of money, whereas she'd be clueless if confronted with the 1st appearance of Bone, Cerebus, the turtles or Francine/Katchoo.

Well this complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person thinks a CGC 9.4 ASM #300 is on par with being the best copper book with his awesome price tag....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310128369799&viewitem=&salenotsupported

he refused your $39 offer eh?

hm

The dope wants an almost 9.8 price for a average book in 9.4.

I want to :slapfight: his face. (thumbs u

Damn thing is even off center :makepoint:

Realistically NOTHING from 1980-current should ever be considered in the same sentence or as important as AF15.

The downward swing between my pick TNMNT #1 and AF 15 is way to big of a gap.

TNMNT #1 is a tuff book to find compared to most grades of AF15 I realize but never the less can't compare.

Invincible and Walking Dead 1s for Modern. They both have the freshness, popularity and low print run. Both are brillant in their own ways.

Copper TMNT I guess its the only one with lasting power.

Spawn and Wolvie 1 dont fit due to print runs and in Wolvie's case not his first apperance anyway.

Bone doesnt have the crossover appeal. I dont think.

Watchmen has to be up there somewhere. Its considered a literary classic of the time as well.

the toys were first, 1983 hasbro started working on them....debuted in Feb of 1984

then, in spring of 1984 came the cartoon tv

then in fall of 1984 came the comic...

I Think that is the correct order (thumbs u

Action 1 = Amazing Fantasy 15 = Giant Size X-Men 1 = Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 = Walking Dead 1

I don't know about the latter two, but I might replace GS X-Men 1 with Hulk 181.

Is Wolverine more important than all the rest of the Uncanny group? He may very well be...

hm

Action 1 = Amazing Fantasy 15 = Giant Size X-Men 1 = Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 = Walking Dead 1

I don't know about the latter two, but I might replace GS X-Men 1 with Hulk 181.

Is Wolverine more important than all the rest of the Uncanny group? He may very well be...

hm

but I can also understand where he is coming from because GS X-Men 1

basically started the X-men revolution!

Not only that but it was a waaaaaay better comic than Hulk 181.

hm

And what about after Johnny Depp plays Hunter Rose in a movie trilogy opposite Mikey Rourke as Argent and it grosses a billion dollars!!

What about Primer 2 then?!? HUH?!?!

:insane:

(sorry, big Grendel fan here; don't mind me) :whistle: