• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC hotels still available - keep checking

8 posts in this topic

I wasn't able to call in fast enough to get a hotel within walking distance to the convention center, the day hotels went on sale on Comic-Con's website. So I settled for Quality Inn, 2 miles away, for Wed & Thur - and called the Hyatt and got Fri and Sat for their rate of $450/night.

Well a few weeks ago, I checked the hotel section of Comic-Con's site, and was able to get Wed/Thu at the Hyatt for the discounted rate of $265 for a premium view. So I canceled my Quality Inn reservation. Then today, I checked again for Fri/Sat (which I'm paying $450/night), and got Saturday for $240 (standard view), so I'll be canceling my $450 reservation for Saturday.

In fact, they even had the $240 standard view for Wed/Thu, so I booked that, and canceled my $265/night premium view.

Point being that there are rooms available, at least at the Grand Hyatt. Just not Friday night.

Yeah, for most places, Friday is still grayed out, but it's amazing how many rooms are available this close to the show. Even the Marriott next door had Thursday and Saturday night available, which I'm sorely tempted to get myself just because it's so close. Of course, the car is closer if I come early, but the thought of not having to come early is very appealing.

The deadline to cancel (before they charge a deposit) is this Wednesday, the 8th, so expect a LOT of rooms to open up around the 8th or 9th...

Joel

The deadline to cancel (before they charge a deposit) is this Wednesday, the 8th, so expect a LOT of rooms to open up around the 8th or 9th...

Right you are, Joel! With that in mind, I kept checking, and Friday night opened up at the Hyatt! So I made one big reservation for Wed-Sun, $265/night, and canceled the other one-night reservations I was accumulating. This way, I'm not charged a one night fee per reservation tomorrow. Who would have guessed you could get the Hyatt with the Comicon discount for Wed-Sun, on July 7? Now I'm REALLY excited! The next 2 weeks can't pass fast enough. :banana::banana::banana:

I rented a room just a mile from the convention center in a house for $55/night (thumbs u I just missed out on renting a room for $35/night in a Victorian house with a bath-spa and private bathroom. There are plenty of places to be had.

I rented a room just a mile from the convention center in a house for $55/night (thumbs u I just missed out on renting a room for $35/night in a Victorian house with a bath-spa and private bathroom. There are plenty of places to be had.

What a great deal, congrats.

What a great deal, congrats.

I couldn't believe I actually got a place to stay. I always hear about rooms selling out and nothing being available within one-thousand miles of the convention center. My first trip to SDCC and San Diego, so I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to land a room. :)

Excellent. Here's hoping that attendance for the film and toy crapola is down so the convention centre is not packed to the gills with sweaty non-comic fanboys that clog up the comic zone. :wishluck: