• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Co-Op ad folder pack anyone ever see one before?

5 posts in this topic

I have these folders below is the picture of the folder itself and one of many sheets inside of it. It was part of a Marvel Co-Op ad program in the early 90's. It has ad slicks w/ several pictures of different sized ads featuring characters. Probably 14 pages or so. The store owner could choose to use the provided art work and Marvel would pay part of the ad costs in the phone book or magazines.

Does anyone else have these. I got them as part of a palette sale they have some nifty character art work. I wondered if anyone had sold one and what sort of price I could ask for them. I saw one on Ebay international and it wasn't getting a bid at $3 UK. Hard to believe they are so cheap has anyone ever seen one sell for anything?

82247.jpg.33733303f87eeac3f3f11a160d9f7b3f.jpg

82248.jpg.bf4dee542eeae9a5936e439140c843d3.jpg

I'm assuming retailers get these in-store promotional items all the time. Here's one for the shortlived WAM (Wild Agents of Marvel) club Marvel tried to start in the early 90's.

WAM_kits.jpg

I don't have that specific Marvel co-op folder but Diamond and Capitol City Dist'n used to have annual regional meetings to promote co-op ads in Yellow Pages or wherever to grow their business.

fyi, here is a pic of DC's Shop Talk which is a mail order only item to freelance staff circa summer 1994 to 1995. Mostly text but has 1 full page of comics and is comic bk sized:

P7050436.jpg

When we bought the new house, you would not believe

how much POP and promo material I pitched into the trash

cans when I was sorting out the barn. The new house has

the 4th bedroom with my comics and funstuff, but the

new garage doesn't have AC, so I did triage and pitched

what I thought nobody else would want.