• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well "theliquorman" went dry this time.

32 posts in this topic

Yeah - the smallest free Priority box that will fit the comic, with board and comic sandwich plus styrofoam peanuts-will get you under 1 lb everytime - but if you use different packing material to secure the comic and carton sandwich like crumpled up newspaper, you've crossed that 1 lb mark easy...

Hey, you don't have to tell me that-I know. Flying called me out, so I provided him some proof.

Just providing some info for all not just directed at you. flowerred.gif

You know, a little while back I posted the results of my small, one month duration experiment where I tracked the difference between what sellers charged me and the final price on the postage meter when it arrived. I think I was "overcharged" about $40 and multiplied out over a year would amount to a decent high grade key comic book. It is tough to swallow that especially if you are just a hobby and not a small business. I write it off as cost of doing business (all shipping) and it lowers the gross revenue figure on which I have to pay taxes. smile.gif

I think I could have bought a nice big screen or a lower end plasma screen with my annual shipping costs frown.gif

Oh please....you should see my bill this year...

(I love it, we're down to bragging-rights about shipping costs acclaim.gif)

Just to bring you into my world....if I bid $8.00 on a book and shipping is $7.00(as stated in the listing) then I paid $15.00 for the book....I don't look beyond that...

So I basically don't give a frag about the shipping as long as the total is my max that I will pay for the item... wink.gif