• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Sig Series - anyone a fan?

31 posts in this topic

I had Will Eisner sign the inside front page of my Warren Spirit #1. A Golden Age creator signing a bronze age book! Actually, I had him sign it to my kids as a memento, it is a book I won't be selling.

I would kill for ANY eisner CGC SS.....

Each to his own. I actually like the Frazetta sig on that book. I think it is really cool to have a golden age book signed by the artist - especially if you have the opportunity to dot down and chat with these guys. There are not a lot of them left, and I'm thrilled to be able to tell a story about meeting the artist and having the book signed. I just posted a few of the ones I had signed by Al Bellman in another thread.

I agree. I love 'em!! (thumbs u

SS is fun. For the modern guys, I think it adds a bit of chase to the collecting. For GA, I think a lower grade and/or more common book is an ideal candidate to get signed. I have two GA SS books: Lily Renee and Jack Davis. Both are keepers for me.

100_4072.jpg

I love the whole SS concept, ESPECIALLY for GA books. These are the guys that contributed to making our hobby a lasting artform... Having their signature, in an authenticated form, just makes it that much more special.

Frazetta sigs :cloud9:

I had Will Eisner sign the inside front page of my Warren Spirit #1. A Golden Age creator signing a bronze age book! Actually, I had him sign it to my kids as a memento, it is a book I won't be selling.

I would kill for ANY eisner CGC SS.....

Five to Ten years ago you could basically walk up to Will Eisner at San Diego and if you were a little patient and polite he would sign anything you wanted. While the hot current artists usually had lines Mr. Eisner was usually in a booth with short lines or on the floor and easily accessible. Not only that but he took a real interest in the people he talked to and was a real gentleman.

I knew it wasn't going to last and it didn't so I had him sign a couple of things over the years. RIP Mr. Eisner!