• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VALPARAISO............................WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 posts in this topic

that hulk 181 is the best 9.8 cgc copy ive seen ................easily

the colors and inks are SO FRESH AND RICH

stupendous book

absolutely no color fading - very very fresh book

Totally agree. That Hulk 181 is absolutely dreamy. :luhv::cloud9:(worship)

that hulk 181 is the best 9.8 cgc copy ive seen ................easily

the colors and inks are SO FRESH AND RICH

stupendous book

absolutely no color fading - very very fresh book

Totally agree. That Hulk 181 is absolutely dreamy. :luhv::cloud9:(worship)

I could never get into that book if it had an orange cover. This is an incredible copy!

:cloud9:

maybe Doug can tell us more about the Valparaiso collexn?

This is what he wrote on his site about that collection.

The second brand new group of books was just purchased by Doug Schmell, President and CEO of Pedigree Comics, Inc. and contains the initial CGC certified batch of incredible 1960's (plus a couple of 70's) Marvels from an original owner collection out of Valparaiso, Indiana. Pedigree will be offering these killer new books in the auction. The collection itself consists of over 4,000 comics and spans the mid-1960's up until 1981. The results of the initially graded books have been phenomenal, as almost every comic is a 9.4 or 9.6 with a few choice books in 9.8 (including Amazing Spider-Man #55, Avengers #57 and Incredible Hulk #181!!!). The entire collection was found and purchased by 3 known dealers together, and after back and forth negotiations, Mr. Schmell bought the first group of 30 CGC graded books. Most of the comics are Amazing Spider-Mans and X-Men from the mid 1960's in 9.6 with only a few in 9.4. The books are characterized by unreal page quality (23 out of the 30 books have white pages and the rest are off-white to white) and amazing color strike. Some of the books are further characterized by a small arrival date (in pen), unobtrusively written on the front cover. There are 11 Spideys (in the 30's, 40's and 50's), all but two in 9.6 and 9.8, and 13 X-Men (in the teens, 20's and #30), all but 5 in 9.6. There are 3 Fantastic Fours (#50, #55 and #112) all in certified 9.4 with white pages. The books will be identified in the auction as being from the "Valparaiso Collection".

The 181 is the first 9.8 I have seen for sale that I would actually want. Most of them are so badly miswrapped they are ugly. This one looks pretty close to perfect.

He finds more books than it seems possible. How do I get a piece of the action.....

The 181 is the first 9.8 I have seen for sale that I would actually want. Most of them are so badly miswrapped they are ugly. This one looks pretty close to perfect.

He finds more books than it seems possible. How do I get a piece of the action.....

doesn't read like doug found these. sounds like he bought them after they were slabbed. and he gets the action because he throws down the benjamins.

A CGC 9.4 copy of Strange Tales 110 (1st Doctor Strange)??

:o :o :o

Probably one of the more common SA Marvel keys in 9.4 over the last few years. (shrug)

How much does that one normaly sell for?

A CGC 9.4 copy of Strange Tales 110 (1st Doctor Strange)??

:o :o :o

Probably one of the more common SA Marvel keys in 9.4 over the last few years. (shrug)

How much does that one normaly sell for?

Only sale on GPA was in 2007 at $9,800.