• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Completely revealed

59 posts in this topic

In a recent post, in another thread. wahoofury said the following

I think many people want to know who YOU truly are.

This was a bit shocking. First of all I have not in any way tried to hide anything, or be secretive, in any way. Secondly, I never would have imagined anyone here would CARE who I am. In the spirit of being open however I will show that there are no secrets here. If you really don't care then simply ignore this thread.

My real name is Phil Miller, I am 42 years old, and I have 3 brothers and 4 sisters. I was the oldest of the 8 children while I was growing up. I was born in California, and we moved to Michigan when I was a kid. I now live in a fairly small town in Midland, Michigan.

I have a wife and 2 children, and in the spirit of being completely open I will say that they are not my biological children, but my Stepchildren. This makes no difference to me, since in my heart, they are my Children. I make jokes about how cruel my wife is to me, but they are just that ... Jokes.

We live a quiet life and try not to bother anyone. On Sundays from 7PM to 9PM we spend what we call our Family time. This means that if we have not seen whatever is on ABC's Disney we watch that together as a Family. If we have seen it, or Disney has been pre-empted then we rent a video and watch it instead. This is something that will be considered boring by some but it means a lot to the kids, and to be truthful it means a lot to me too.

I was injured several years ago, and am legally disabled. I walk with a cane and am not able to do many of the things I did in the past. I am 6' 6" tall, and the height has caused spinal problems that I will have to suffer with for the rest of my life. I am not looking for sympathy here, I mean there is not a man alive that I would trade places with, even if that were possible.

I use the name snizzenfixit because I got tired of playing the "Find an unused Username" game on websites. A name like snizzenfixit is always available. The name has no secret meaning, and I use no other aliases on these boards. Arch is free to divulge that info if anyone wishes to verify it.

I do not take any recreational drugs, and I do not drink alcohol (although I did hit it pretty hard when I was younger). I have changed my icon to a picture of myself that I took with a digital camera just today. It was taken in the mirror by me explicitly for the purpose of showing here, so if the picture is poor quality, it is that in addition to the fact that I am a lousy photographer.

I have three birds as pets. Emma is a Double yellow headed Amazon Parrot, Pedro is a Blue Fronted Amazon Parrot, and Darwin is a Timneh African Grey Parrot. Next to my wife and kids, the birds are my best friends. While each of the birds are special to me in their own way, Emma and I have an especially close relationship. When we purchased her no one at the pet shop would touch her because she was mean and nasty... They were afraid of her. She flirted with me right away and was incredibly sweet for me, stepping up onto my hand immediately. In essence Emma picked me, I didn't pick her.

I occasionally get worked up when I see an individual attacked by a crowd, or when I see an individual attacked by another individual, if it looks like the crowd will pile on soon. I am not a crusader for justice or anything like that. I just don't like to see bullying.

I am extremely loyal to my friends, and I like to think they are loyal to me.

If anyone doubts any of this, and wants to for some reason "check it out" let me know and I will give you my home address, and you can come over or send someone over to check us out. I have nothing to hide.

I only collect a certain few comics. I have maybe a thousand books total. I don't spend the big bucks on them, I just collect what I like. I also collect Cameo Franklin Half dollars, and even have a few baseball cards scattered around here and there.

My greatest hope? hmmmmm, I guess I would like to see that everyone who is able, would go to their local Post Office in early to mid December, and ask to see the letters to Santa. Go through them and find the one that speaks to you (You will find one, they are always there) and help out a kid who needs the help for Christmas.

That is about it, if I missed anything or left any great mystery, feel free to contact me. I will be glad to answer any questions. Now I would like to challenge wahoofury to open up like this on the boards and let us know who HE is.

Phil

Snizzen, why don't you e-mail Methuselah and invite him to be as forthcoming as you've been? The question of his identity is one of the root causes of the rift between yourself and wahoo to begin with.

I can almost guarantee you that we could get Architect to lift the ban at least temporarily were he willing to do what you've done in this thread.

Snizzen, why don't you e-mail Methuselah and invite him to be as forthcoming as you've been? The question of his identity is one of the root causes of the rift between yourself and wahoo to begin with.

Well, I don't see Methuselah as having anything to do with wahoo and myself. My problem with wahoo would exist if he were attacking you or anyone else on these boards. wahoo may have a problem with Meths identity, but I don't. Like I was saying I really didn't think anyone would care who I was, and I am still not sure that they do. I was just answering wahoo's challenge. For my part Meth really has nothing to do with it, and I don't know why he would respond to me asking him to reveal himself, nor should he. He doesn't owe me anything.

Phil

Great story, Phil! Thanks for sharing.

I have changed my icon to a picture of myself that I took with a digital camera just today.

Oh, thank goodness, I thought Jesus christ himself was lurking on these boards! tongue.gif

Funny you don't mention your wife's affinity for furry Alien Life Forms....what're you trying to hide?

Holy Phil! I had a totally different picture of you in my mind as opposed to the one you posted! wink.gif Not that there's anything wrong with what you posted...I just imagined a Van Dyke professional looking fellow, not biker dude. wink.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

Dude, if I hadn't already rated you 5-stars about a month ago, I definitely would have done so this morning...

I appreciate the info about your Sunday evenings. It'll make it easier to know when to snipe your bids. blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifwink.gif

Oh, thank goodness, I thought Jesus christ himself was lurking on these boards!

Hehe, that is funny. My sister thought she would be cute one day and she stuck a picture of my face next to a picture of the shroud of Turin on the wall at my Dad's house, with a big question mark underneath both. They still laugh about that.

Phil

I just imagined a Van Dyke professional looking fellow, not biker dude.

Hehe, it is just the look. I am not like a biker dude really, except that I have a tattoo of a dragon on each arm. I grew up in the 60's and 70's so I am like an old hippie I guess, but I have never driven a motorcycle in my life.

Phil

sniz,

no wonder your wife beats you down atleast twice a day, hell with that handle bar mustache and long girly hair what choice have you left her. tongue.gifwink.gif BTW cool bio, if i didn't rate you 5 stars 3 months ago, i'd rate you 1 now. tongue.gifwink.gif now i wonder if there were warriors that had handle bar mustaches that red sonja would've dug? blush.gifshocked.gifgrin.gif

pimpy

no wonder your wife beats you down atleast twice a day, hell with that handle bar mustache and long girly hair what choice have you left her.

{Phil is suspicious}

Didn't I see an icon of you not that long ago, with VERY long black hair? It isn't really a handlebar mustache, I am not sure what it is called but the handlebar curls on the ends. smile.gif

now i wonder if there were warriors that had handle bar mustaches that red sonja would've dug?

You must be kidding, Sonja would take one look at this face and kill herself. She would probably throw up first in utter disgust. smile.gif

Phil

but any of that meth hermaphrodite gobe.....then it's JIHAD!!!!!!

Yeah, I don't think I would appreciate being called a hermaphrodite. I think he got in trouble for that though. Even my wife wouldn't call me that, cuz she doesn't know what it means. smile.gif

Phil

sniz,

atleast you have a great sense of humour, wink.gif but your wife doesn't call you "wannabe" either. tongue.gifgrin.gif everytime i hear that damn word i think of the spice girls, is that a good thing or bad thing? and no! i never liked them, and don't know the lyrics to that song either. mad.gifblush.gifshocked.gif

pimster

but your wife doesn't call you "wannabe" either. everytime i hear that damn word i think of the spice girls, is that a good thing or bad thing?

No, she won't call me wannabe because I wish it. If I didn't want her to call me that she would spit the word out regularly. For me wannabe is a GREAT thing. I am an everything wannabe. I want to try everything, so I guess that makes me an "Everything wannabe" right?

Phil