• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Completely revealed

59 posts in this topic

Deisel - definitely not a handlebar mustache - but definitely way cool ! Very commonplace in the 1970s - not seen that often today. Its really a mustache & beard with the center of the beard shaved out - & I think Phil looks more like Chuck Negron from three dog night than Rollie . Now if Phil can convince MCA that he is - maybe he can buy that Action # 1 lot crazy.gif up on whaoo for 4 million dollars with the royalties checks that we all want grin.gif .

Yeah, I don't think I would appreciate being called a hermaphrodite. I think he got in trouble for that though. Even my wife wouldn't call me that, cuz she doesn't know what it means

If it weren't for Cerebus, I wouldn't have known what that meant either. smile.gif

How long do we give our old chum wahoofury to respond? It has been over 3 hours and still nothing. I have shown him that I have nothing to hide, I think it is his turn to show us. I mean his credibility is at stake here (assuming he had any to begin with that is). I suppose it would be fair to give him at least 24 hours, but I am just so eager to learn all I can about this fine member of our forums, that I can hardly contain my excitement.

Please hurry wahoo, we are all waiting with bated breath. I have no doubt that your story will be FAR more interesting than my inadequate, pathetic life. So post away, reading your response will be like opening that SSP with the speedstick that I got for Christmas when I was just a kid. I just know I won't be able to sleep tonight if you wait to post till morning.

Phil

• Administrator

Actually, I've talked a bit to Wahoo (initiated by him) and I believe he's dropping the topic. As I understand his position, he's basically just concerned that people may get ripped off and was trying to act as a public service. He felt that his own identity was/is irrelevant to the point as the evidence (or lack thereof) of his postings should stand or fall on their own merit. I believe he's just been searching for some way to keep the message out there for people to be careful in their buying -- right or wrong on this particular seller, that is his perspective.

He acknowledged that he is/was a little uh... zealous/confrontational? in his pursuit of this issue. We talked a bit about the fact that the issue has been pretty much played out around here, and that keeping the topic alive forever on these boards isn't really an option. And that this board isn't really an appropriate vehicle for any kind of "permanent" statement on the topic.

Basically, I think he's said his piece and now realizes that there's only so much you can say on a topic like this before it's played out.

I actually think both sides of this little dance have had some pretty reasonable points. It's just a matter of getting everyone on the same page.

Arch

crazy.gif

OK Arch, but can you ask him to reveal himself anyway? It has been brought to my attention that Meth's refusal to reveal information about himself is part of the reason for our little run-in. In the interest of getting on the same page, I think it would be quite helpful if he revealed as much about himself personally, as I did above. I want to make sure that he maintains his credibility.

He felt that his own identity was/is irrelevant to the point as the evidence (or lack thereof) of his postings should stand or fall on their own merit.

This part confuses me because it was at his urging that I revealed so much about myself. I am only asking for the same in return.

Phil

This is (hopefully) my FINAL post, so all applaud at once:) :

It has been brought to my attention that Meth's refusal to reveal information about himself is part of the reason for our little run-in

It is? This began in a thread entitled "Is This Book Trimmed?"

Please enlighten me here, I never named names (except for the inherent URL name which awas not explicit). Yes, MANY people here have shown and typed their desires to know who he is. It doesnt matter to me.

, I think it would be quite helpful if he revealed as much about himself personally, as I did above.

It is Unnecessary, plus many including me have asked to bring this to an end in the other already mentioned thread. I stopped. You didnt. You went on to create this thread to prove something that lacks any true meaning.

You didnt listen to those pleas from a number of posters, instead you responded to a perception that I "want to know who you truly are" as meaning a listing of your vital stats, when as previously explained, it was meant that you have SIMILARITIES with Methy.

I want to make sure that he maintains his credibility.

I dont care if you find me credible. I care if my co-workers find me credible. I care if my family and friends find me credible. I care if the govermental establishment I work in part time finds me credible. I even care if my pets find me credible.

This part confuses me because it was at his urging that I revealed so much about myself. I am only asking for the same in return.

I guess as the old saying goes: "If (fill in the blank) asked you to jump off the Brooklyn bridge, you should listen?"

Ive already stated that I am not saying who I am. That was already known.

If knowing who I was was SO important, you would NOT have responded to me in such a combative nature so often.

I have no gripe with you...Honestly, you seem like a great guy from reading posts of yours and the like, and I think if we had an honest talk we just might like each other. Just maybe. This whole thing is a waste of time and I wish it would end.

We all can be whomever we want on the internet.

Credibility and the Internet CAN be like oil & water.

You have to trust until trust is lost for what its worth.

Please enlighten me here,

That is what was said in a post earlier in this thread.

It is Unnecessary

It is APPARENTLY unnecessary to you. I have NOTHING to hide. You obviously have SOMETHING to hide. I can only surmise that it is a personal issue with Meth and you do not want people here to know this, you simply want them to believe that you are doing them a great service out of the kindness of your heart. Well I don't believe you. If you want to be believed then stop hiding.

I "want to know who you truly are" as meaning a listing of your vital stats, when as previously explained, it was meant that you have SIMILARITIES with Methy.

Who I "Truly am" is at the top of this thread. I see very few similarities to what we know of Meth. Meth is a bodybuilder and I am a cripple. Meth deals in high end comics and I have a small meaningless personal collection. I think Meth lives somewhere in New York if I remember correctly and I live in Michigan. Yes the similarities are striking.

I dont care if you find me credible.

I am referring to your credibility on these boards, not only with me. If you don't care whether anyone here finds you credible then you might as well disappear from here because our credibility is all we have here.

I guess as the old saying goes: "If (fill in the blank) asked you to jump off the Brooklyn bridge, you should listen?"

Nice cop out, I wasn't asked to jump off of a bridge. I was asked to do something that I found quite simple to do, something I would have easily done earlier had I thought anyone even cared who I was.

Ive already stated that I am not saying who I am. That was already known.

And I have already stated that I find this cowardly. You are afraid to back up your words, and are only willing to spew them as long as you can do it Anonymously.

I have no gripe with you...Honestly, you seem like a great guy from reading posts of yours and the like, and I think if we had an honest talk we just might like each other. Just maybe.

That may very well be true, providing I knew who I was talking to. I mean really, think about it. For all I know you could be Usama Bin Laden. There is no way I could say I like you without knowing a good deal more about you, and since you continue to hide it won't happen.

We all can be whomever we want on the internet.

We all CAN be murderers too, but that doesn't make it right.

Credibility and the Internet CAN be like oil & water.

But they don't need to be.

You have to trust until trust is lost for what its worth.

I guess you believe we should just trust Saddam Hussein as well?

Phil

I could honestly care less what you believe and dont believe. I care much more about what I KNOW,

I see very few similarities to what we know of Meth. Meth is a bodybuilder and I am a cripple. Meth deals in high end comics and I have a small meaningless personal collection. I think Meth lives somewhere in New York if I remember correctly and I live in Michigan. Yes the similarities are striking

First - This (Your part) was not knowledge to me.

Second - (more importantly) This is NOT what I was referring to.

Third - Do not assume it was what I was referring to.

The similarities pertained to the frequency and fashion in which you defend him, as if you know who HE really is. What is good for the goose is obviously NOT good for the gander.

Please dont put words in my mouth (or fingers for that matter).

Nice cop out

No cop out at all. It was just as easy, if not EASIER, to simply stop replying when ALSO asked to. Especially if it is to someone you find and deem not to be credible.

For all I know you could be Usama Bin Laden. There is no way I could say I like you without knowing a good deal more about you, and since you continue to hide it won't happen

Usama only collects stamps. I know this because I am the stamp master general of Pakistan. I live there with my 32 children and 17 wives. Usama buys stamps from me on Pak-Bay, the popular auction site there.

Do you like me now, since Ive told the truth? I didnt think so.

I find this cowardly

Im sure you do. If one cannot fight the words, why not fight the messenger?

If you TRULY find this cowardly and non-credible, you would not have gone this far. Im not the one spewing. You are. Ive stopped and thrown an "Olive Branch" out. You simply put gas on the fire. Provoking even more. Created an immature thread. Ive stated my case and thats that. You do not have to believe any of it, and Im sure you dont.

To INITIATE and more importantly CONTINUE an argument with me that I have been wanting to end (and many others here) is something much more seemingly unstable. Ive already dealt with this. It seems you CANT deal with it, and none of this was even directed at you in the first place.

We all CAN be murderers too, but that doesn't make it right

Yes, we can. YOU could be as well, even with all that nifty information and pic you brought to this thread.

But they don't need to be.

You are right. Also, there doesnt need be murderers, child molesters, terrorists, and the like. But there is. The internet is unfortunately a place that many pedophiles and stalkers, etc use to meet their victims.

A far cry from someone saying they are someone else with a Near Mint copy of Wonder Woman #1 in their basement.

I guess you believe we should just trust Saddam Hussein as well?

I would hope to dear god that you have LOST trust many moons ago in such an individual.

Again, I want this to end and I TRIED to throw an olive branch out, but you are still argumentive. That is unfortunate.

What are you hiding, wahoofury???

Like a lot of people, I was curious to see your response to Phil's thread, and this was not what I expected.

You ask who he is, he tells you, and asks for the courtesy of a response. Now, you refuse to tell about yourself, and try to make that a sideshow. To me, that creates an issue of its own. Why don't you be as forthcoming as well. Tell us about yourself, if you dare?

The similarities pertained to the frequency and fashion in which you defend him, as if you know who HE really is
You're really misinterpreting snizzen's apparent intent in "defending" Meth. He isn't defending him because he thinks he's innocent, he's defending him because he doesn't know that he's guilty and he hasn't seen any direct evidence of his guilt or his lying about being Dupcak.

Just because you're not for something doesn't mean you're against it. He is arguing from the perspective of the ideal that the American justice system is based upon--that people are innocent until proven guilty. Just because he's wrong about Meth's innocence doesn't mean that he shouldn't be trying to defend it.

Wahoo, your intentions are good, but you're wrong to attack snizzen like you are. He's showing objectivity, and you aren't. On the positive side, you've got something going for your position as well--your intent is to try to help your fellow collectors. Snizzen seems a bit apathetic about that; that's the part I can't figure out about him. Maybe it's because he doesn't really collect the way that Meth's customers do; I don't know. He probably thinks there's nothing further that can be gained by simply posting in this forum. He's wrong about that, but still, I can see why he might think that. Certainly most of the posts from the last month on the topic have been fruitless.

This fight between you two is mostly ego, and most of it is coming from your side...if your intentions are to help other collectors, then try to stop the arguing, as your biased perspective is biasing people against your point of view.

this is how i see it, oldguy has busted my cojones for having it out with meth before. sniz has a crippling injury which constitutes him staying at home sitting in front of his computer all day. he reads the posts on these forums and is trying to be objective about the whole situation, while his wife beats him down atleast 2 times a day. wahoo (nick), i know your trying to do good by letting people know what's going on in the back issue, HG silver age books, being sold by a private auction/feedback powerseller on eBay, that we all know as comic-keys. you guys are not at war against each other, both of you are not doing any ill harm to other people, you guys are not the enemy. the point is, the dead horse has been kicked so much, they're isn't much left of it anymore. forum members have stated that they don't want to discuss this topic anytime soon, it has been going on since the summertime and we all need a break. now kiss and make up and post on.

that's just my two bills,

supapimp

well said supa.

there is absolutely no reason for you guys to be fighting here, over nothing it seems. the original point has been well and truly made so can we now just drop it?

everyone's time would be much better spent posting constructively, this petty person_without_enough_empathying is wearing very thin. frown.gif

You know what wahoo? I am not going to pick apart your post and reply to it line by line. I am just going to state the facts as I see them.

1) You post repeatedly on the same subject. This essentially makes every post after your first meaningless, since you are simply restating what you have already stated.

2) The subject you are fixated on is obviously a personal issue for you. This makes it your personal issue. Not mine, nor anyone elses here. Bottom line is I and others are a little tired of rereading the same tired posts over and over from you. Same message with the words rearranged.

3) I do not know Meth, have never met him in my life. I have no idea if he is guilty of what he is accused or not. Meth is not what I defend. What I defend is the right to be presumed innocent. Until you lay out some hard evidence (This would be more than a scan that you claim MAY show a trimmed comic) I will continue to defend that right.

4) I am not afraid to speak out and tell EXACTLY who I am. I am exactly who I say I am and you are more than welcome to check that out. I will be glad to give you whatever information you need to check that out aside from things like a social security number which could be used illegally to cause me financial harm. You on the other hand remain in hiding. This makes it blatantly obvious that you have something to hide (perhaps your agenda?)

In summation, you continually say that you try to end this, and it is true. You try to end it on YOUR terms. Well I don't play that way. If you want to end it then just eat this post and don't reply. That will answer everyones questions. You claim that you are defending yourself? Meth is not even here to defend himself against you, yet you start the (for those who do not understand, when I say I am referring to the ENTIRE "everyone pile on Meth" TOPIC as ) that you started in the other thread. If you don't wanna pay ... Then don't play.

Phil

FF,

Thanks for the reply. The point is: I havent attacked snizzen. If I did, please repectably show me, other than defending myself.

1. I didnt create this thread.

2. The other "Trimming" thread was NOT directed at him.

Snizz does not know BOTH me nor meth. One should simply stay out of the argument then. I and many collectors have seen the other person "handywork" and talked to others about it, on and on.

I have accepted that talking about "him" is fruitless at this point many posts ago, but why would someone FURTHER an argument. THAT, is what I am taking about now.

I stopped arguing. He hasnt. As been shown by his comments in the "Banned" thread" that were UNPROVOKED and irrelevant.

Like I said, I WANT this to end, but that is not possible if another provokes another into protecting themself.

It is unfortunate.

Phil,

Hey I don't care about the "fued" but I love the bio! I wish everyone on the board would do this! We would all seem a lot more "real"

I will take your advice and get my butt down to the post office and pick out some kids letter. What a great idea! You are right, everyone who can should do this!

Thanks again for the post! smile.gif

You are correct Brian, and I accept full blame on my part of it all. I have been wanting to end this since late last night, but first the "Banning" post, then this entire thread were made.

I dont know how many would or would not have defended themselves if provoked like that, but I did. If that is wrong, then it is wrong, but I did NOT provoke him. He provoked me.