• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

All of the scans came out a little dark, did you compare it to the first unslabbed scan?

Rob

Oh, don't forget to use the magnifing glass to get up close and personal with it,

you want it, you want it, it must be yours.... you are getting very sleepy....

Edited by MoundCityAuctions

Nope, it's from moving way to much furniture!! Or comics, we took them on tour to some local shops today (er, I mean nobodys seen them, these aren't the droids your looking for).

Don't worry we made them wear bibs to catch the slobber.

Now they are safely back at the bank vault, in a big old safe deposit box.

rob

I'm looking forward for your comic auction. There are some nice pieces I would hope to win. :hi:

Don't forget your costume, and after the preview, there is a fantastic bar district right down the street with lots of other contests. It's a real safe area with a lot of charm.

Tina and I went down there last year and had a hoot watching those in costume stroll by.

http://aedwardsphotography.com/stchuckles.aspx

http://aedwardsphotography.com/stchuckles.aspx

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper304/stills/wgwqm486.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9cweyijU3NljqLQ5n1RkcA

Anybody would like to make a estimation of how much the Mound City SC 22 8.0 is worth and would sell for in there November auction? My price value and auction estimate is $15000 and in the north of $20000. :)

Wow....that is high to me....Rick, (Detective27) what do you think?

I have a strong "feeling" as to where the price both "should" go, and "might" end up... however, I have found from past experience that when I am an active participant , I should keep my cards "close to me" lol

Anybody would like to make a estimation of how much the Mound City SC 22 8.0 is worth and would sell for in there November auction? My price value and auction estimate is $15000 and in the north of $20000. :)

I have a strong "feeling" as to where the price both "should" go, and "might" end up... however, I have found from past experience that when I am an active participant , I should keep my cards "close to me" lol

I'll say this much. I think this book, and this book alone, will be the preamble for HG 22s to come over the years... ;)

I'll say this much. I think this book, and this book alone, will be the preamble for HG 22s to come over the years... ;)

Uh oh, if Rick is in the house then the rest of us might as well forget about chasing it. :sorry:

Uh oh, if Rick is in the house then the rest of us might as well forget about chasing it. :sorry:

Don't we all think all like...we are only humans. :roflmao:

There are nine SC22 7.0 and nine SC22 6.0 in the CGC census. There has to be some other boardie that can show us their copy to add to the high grade list. hm

I'd like to know the owner of this one,,, :cloud9:

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/blog/post/2008/08/21/Showcase-22-CGC-60-Clears-3K.aspx :

I wonder who...I was also watching this auction for this book on ebay that day. I couldn't believe it went for so much back then. Looks cheap now. BTW, on the showcase22gr1959 6.0 above census, there are only three SC 22 with page quality off-white to white or higer.

Here it is:

:)

Definitely not a 6.5-7.0 unfortunately. PQ is cream to off-white like most copies. No hidden defects and no restoration (that I can find).

Definitely a slam dunk 6.0 !

Updated list 9/05/09

Top high grade sales and holders of CGC/raw Showcase 22:

9.0 Heritage auction ow

9.0 ComicLink auction ow

8.5 Metropolis Comics/Comic Connect

8.5 Doc Joe from threads crm/ow

8.0 raw Rick's private offer

8.0 Mound City crm/ow

8.0 Metropolis Comics private sale

8.0 Private collector crm/ow

7.5 Peewee from threads ow/w

7.5 Palamas from threads crm/ow

7.0 SilverRich from threads crm/ow

7.0 Heritage auction crm/ow

7.0 ComicLink crm/ow

7.0 ComicLink lt/ow

6.5 ComicLink ow/w

6.5 ComicLink ow

6.5 ComicLink crm/ow

6.0 Showcase22gr1959 from thread white

6.0 M. Wilson (dizneyart) ebay auction ow/w

6.0 Heritage auction crm/ow

6.0 raw John72tex crm/ow

:news: 6.0 John72tex is the recent addition to the high grade SC 22 list.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Hey, Rick is a smart man....and this means there is a price he will pay....and will NOT pay.

Hey, Rick is a smart man....and this means there is a price he will pay....and will NOT pay.

To make a good investment...pay the right price. Brannon, I think high grade SC22's prices are very volatile right now. Especially with major top holders not selling, so supply is limited. 2c

this thread keeps on going! No doubt SH22 is a hot commodity right now.

As for current and future values, IMO there is still room to expand price wise. This book has been cheap for too long compared to other DC and Marvel keys. But I caution against too much price appreciation, and of it happening too fast. SHould the movie collapse, it reverts to just another minor characters first appearance (minor compared to the pantheon of already worldwide media superstars Bat SUpe SPidey XMen FF Hulk IronMan etc). and then theres the DC price ceiling. Only a 9.4 or maybe a 9.2 will crack the "truly extraordinary" price levels possible for this book.

But there ought to be money to be made (even on paper for true collectors) as this undervalued key finally catches up to its comparable DC keys (Flash 105, BB28, SH4, etc?