• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

I've noticed a huge surge in Showcase #22 submissions. I've graded 8 copies today alone! I wonder if this thread had anything to do with that? :gossip::roflmao:

West

What were the grades??

the million dollar question!!! not likely to get that info... :wishluck:

Edited by kryptospidey

I've noticed a huge surge in Showcase #22 submissions. I've graded 8 copies today alone! I wonder if this thread had anything to do with that? :gossip::roflmao:

West

What were the grades??

the million dollar question!!! not likely to get that info... :wishluck:

There is a way to find out...I'll keep the club updated. ;)

I've been thinking since the huge drive up in prices across the grades. If you have a copy and thinking about selling, is today or sometime during the next couple of months be the best time to sell? Or would you think that prices can still go up once we get closer to the movie date?

I personally think that prices realzed right now could be the highest we will ever see. Not sure if it can be topped a year or two years from now.

Good question. If you look at Avengers #1, prices have pulled back from the speculative peak in Feb/Mar of this year. My guess is that they will run up, more copies will come on the market that will dampen early price gains and drive prices down a bit, and then we will see another smaller gain closer to the movie when the average joe who needs to have one enters the market. Right now it is long time collectors finally getting a copy and speculators driving up the prices IMHO.

Good question. If you look at Avengers #1, prices have pulled back from the speculative peak in Feb/Mar of this year. My guess is that they will run up, more copies will come on the market that will dampen early price gains and drive prices down a bit, and then we will see another smaller gain closer to the movie when the average joe who needs to have one enters the market. Right now it is long time collectors finally getting a copy and speculators driving up the prices IMHO.

Good point! I think the prices for graded copies above 5.0 should be watch closely since copies under 5.0 are more plentiful. What's expensive now may be consider cheap the next 2-5 years. :)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I've been thinking since the huge drive up in prices across the grades. If you have a copy and thinking about selling, is today or sometime during the next couple of months be the best time to sell? Or would you think that prices can still go up once we get closer to the movie date?

I personally think that prices realzed right now could be the highest we will ever see. Not sure if it can be topped a year or two years from now.

This book hasn't been offered very much in auction at all so there is definitely pent up demand right now. That would suggest heavy bidding in the first couple of auctions.

Once supply hits the market from the recent plethora of CGC submissions and less demand from people having already gotten their copy, the price should ease off a bit.

West

One was surely mine, hope you were gentle and generous lol

West

hopefully 2 of them were mine :wishluck:

West

This club has been very active lately. We are almost approaching AF 15 club post.

I think 99.9% of the posts are by kimik (Ryan), showcase22gr1959 (Rich), and me (Brannon).

Do we not get enough attention at home? hm

Edited by peewee22

West

This club has been very active lately. We are almost approaching AF 15 club post.

I think 99.9% of the posts are by kimik, showcase22gr1959, and me.

:cry:

West

I think 99.9% of the posts are by kimik (Ryan), showcase22gr1959 (Rich), and me (Brannon).

Proud to be the 0.1% (thumbs u

West

We enjoy and treasure this book so much... :cloud9: