• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Is there a scan for the CLink 9.0 copy?

The ComicLink 9.0 is in the CGC gallery.

I see a 7.5 displayed in the CGC gallery, no?

Don't know what happen...maybe they rotate the gallery pictures time to time. Yes, I did see the ComicLink 9.0 in a new holder. :)

Is there a scan for the CLink 9.0 copy?

The ComicLink 9.0 is in the CGC gallery.

I see a 7.5 displayed in the CGC gallery, no?

Don't know what happen...maybe they rotate the gallery pictures time to time. Yes, I did see the ComicLink 9.0 in a new holder. :)

I think someone posted a scan of the 9.0 CL copy somewhere in this thread.

This book in 9.0 is just not worth 60K. Whoever paid that much for it better really love Green Lantern, and I mean love as in PJs and underoos cause in 3 years I just cant see this price holding up (especially with the likelihood of a higher graded copy emerging).

incredible price for the 9.0

At this rate it won't be long before it passes Marvel Comics #1 in 9.0 value. lol

:mad:

Look at the bright side - Marvel fanboys can laugh that it has taken this long for a big DC SA key to surpass it since a few SA Marvel keys did that a while back. :foryou:

At this rate it won't be long before it passes Marvel Comics #1 in 9.0 value. lol

Look at the bright side - Marvel fanboys can laugh that it has taken this long for a big DC SA key to surpass it since a few SA Marvel keys did that a while back. :foryou:

:kidaround:

The market knows something. It's speculating either the 9.0 may be the best grade out there...or a 9.2 may still be lurking out there. 2c

Edited by showcase22gr1959

passes showcase #4 as most valuable DC silver in grade (i think)

Yes it has...but in reality, it is not worth more than SC4. SC22 9.0 is considered the 9.4 of it's kind.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the future. Remember, FF #1 used to be the big dog in the SA Marvel house for a long time as well. :devil:

I would have to say that odds are there IS a 9.2 out there. or on your list already (just being snarky, Im sure both 9.0s have been vetted already). As we have talked here for years, and see happening every now and then, HG DCs are scarce because their collectors are hoarders and not sellers. The books are out there. Not in Marvel numbers.... but they exists and we will see them only when they go on sale.

I would have to say that odds are there IS a 9.2 out there. or on your list already (just being snarky, Im sure both 9.0s have been vetted already). As we have talked here for years, and see happening every now and then, HG DCs are scarce because their collectors are hoarders and not sellers. The books are out there. Not in Marvel numbers.... but they exists and we will see them only when they go on sale.

Good point. Your ungraded SC22's will grade nicely in the 6.0+ club. (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I think that the Clink 9.0 could be pancaked into a 9.2...... :devil:

Respectfully disagreeing, I don't think there is a 9.2 sitting out there. If so, someone would have graded it years ago. Once CGC was on firm ground, I think most of the ultra HG SA DCs surfaced. Just using my knowledge and soapboxing for alot of the oldies pertaining to this book. It's always on the 'ole goodboy Christmas list for DC collectors, but Santa always disappoints them.

Go sample the old CBGs (Comics Buyers Guides) and look in the ad pages. Betcha won't see many HG DCs for sale in them. Yes, DCs are in shorter supply than Marvels, esp 7 up. And I'd put SC22 near the top of the list. No kidding, I've pretty much done a daily search on ebay for SC22 for years. Maybe hit one nice match a month. Spiderman 1s? Daily matches by the dirt buggy ! I hear Tim has a 9.4 BB28. Personally, that's the first one I've ever heard of...much less being put in an auction house for sale !!

But, I've been wrong before.... :preach:

thats just not true for DC collectors. Compared to Marvel, they are not interested in flipping the HG keys they somehow latched onto because they are not replaceable like Marvels. The mantra has been for years "slab em when you sell em." And since these copies are not for sale, they sit in mylars. SO we wont know whats out there until everyone does a Full Keller.

We may not like what we find, however if there are too many, thereby destroying the myth of scarcity. But IMO, since DC SA keys predate Marvels by 3-5 years, falling into that pre-collecting for resale era (late 50s), the final numbers shouldnt be too bad.

Then again, who would have expected a census like Showcase 4s?? a 9.6??

The Truth is Out There.

as for old CBGs, all the copies listed as NMs now range from VF- to 9.8, so theres not much we can infer from the ads.

and as for Showcase 22 being hard to find for you, ill bet its been easier lately huh? Word is out, and so are plenty of copies.

This 59K sale may flush out the 9.2 or 9.4. It certainly feels like a great time to be selling!