• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Hey guys im kinda new here and was looking for my own copy of SC#22 and was wandering if anyone had any tips on where to get one for a reasonable price. thanks

For copies 3.0 and under, it will cost you less than $1K. If it's 3.5-4.5, it will cost you $1200-2200, and for copies 5.0+ it will start at $3K. You can check a few pages back on this thread for price sales.

I strongly suggest you buy a low grade now before the price bump as the movie hype begins. I see those low grades hitting $1000 in the next 6 to 8 months. just my opinion but this and Walking Dead 1 cgc 9.8 have seen huge price increases in the last 6 to 8 months.I can`t remember any comics in the last few years that have just exploded in price like those two. hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Hey guys im kinda new here and was looking for my own copy of SC#22 and was wandering if anyone had any tips on where to get one for a reasonable price. thanks

For copies 3.0 and under, it will cost you less than $1K. If it's 3.5-4.5, it will cost you $1200-2200, and for copies 5.0+ it will start at $3K. You can check a few pages back on this thread for price sales.

I strongly suggest you buy a low grade now before the price bump as the movie hype begins. I see those low grades hitting $1000 in the next 6 to 8 months. just my opinion but this and Walking Dead 1 cgc 9.8 have seen huge price increases in the last 6 to 8 months.I can`t remember any comics in the last few years that have just exploded in price like those two. hm

The movie and the story lines has increased the demand for GL. Low grade SC22 copies can still be bought. If you are looking for 1.0-1.5, they are being snatched up quickly and at $200-350 will be the market price for them.

I have a CGC 2.0 undercopy that I can part with. Send me a PM if you are interested.

I have a CGC 2.0 undercopy that I can part with. Send me a PM if you are interested.

That's a great and affordable copy. (thumbs u

The movie and the story lines has increased the demand for GL. Low grade SC22 copies can still be bought. If you are looking for 1.0-1.5, they are being snatched up quickly and at $200-350 will be the market price for them.

For those who want a SC #22 now would be a good time to get a low grade copy 2c

:news: Showcase 22 CGC 6.0 lt/ow white pages. I think this use to be Tsimanga's copy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHOWCASE-22-CGC-6-0-LT-OW-PAGES-1ST-GREEN-LANTERN_W0QQitemZ220581058194QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item335ba7d692

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I'm beginning to wonder if many of the 22s had poor paper upon printing them in '59... there's just too many 22s with PQ < OW...

(shrug)

Edited by peewee22

I'm beginning to wonder if many of the 22s had poor paper upon printing them in '59... there's just too many 22s with PQ < OW...

(shrug)

The collector community knows that the average SC22 PQ is cream-off white. From seeing all the CGC graded copies out there, I came up with these percentage. Yes, someone cut the wrong tree to print Hal Jordan's first appearance. doh!

light tan to off-white <3%

cream to off-white pages 45-55%

off-white pages 30-35%

off-white to white pages <3%

white pages <1%

(shrug)

The collector community knows that the average SC22 PQ is cream-off white. From seeing all the CGC graded copies out there, I came up with these percentage. Yes, someone cut the wrong tree to print Hal Jordan's first appearance. doh!

off-white pages 30-35%

white pages <1%

Amazing stats !!

Where's the Boardie who said DCs are plentiful with nice PQ ?? Was it Tim (tth2) ? :taptaptap:

(shrug)

off-white pages 30-35%

white pages <1%

Amazing stats !!

Where's the Boardie who said DCs are plentiful with nice PQ ?? Was it Tim (tth2) ? :taptaptap:

Must have only been the JLAs and LOSH Adventure issues that nobody wanted so they sat in the dark in warehouses. :baiting:

I wonder how this copy was so well preserved. First time full flat scan in the Showcase 22 club.

DC-260-75B0C21198.jpg

:takeit:

You have first dibs... (thumbs u

Looks like a solid 5.0. (thumbs u

I wonder how this copy was so well preserved. First time full flat scan in the Showcase 22 club.

DC-260-75B0C21198.jpg

:takeit:

You have first dibs... (thumbs u

Looks like a solid 5.0. (thumbs u

kimik...if you look carefully on the right bottom side there is a light crease, otherwise this book has a shot a 6.5-7.0. I seen many SC22 and the PQ on this copy is blazing fresh and the texture is utmost remarkable.

It sure was my old copy. I've been meaning to e-mail you and let you know... unfortunatly I'm no longer a member of the SC22 club.. I had 15 copies a few month's ago and thought I'd be a lifetime member here... but now I'm all out... so scratch me off the list ( .. but I'll get another one in the future and get back in )

off-white pages 30-35%

white pages <1%

Amazing stats !!

What can I say, I tend to gravitate towards the top 4% of books! (shrug)

off-white pages 30-35%

white pages <1%

Amazing stats !!

What can I say, I tend to gravitate towards the top 4% of books! (shrug)

Tim, what was the PQ on your BB28 that you recently sold?