• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

The collector community knows that the average SC22 PQ is cream-off white. From seeing all the CGC graded copies out there, I came up with these percentage. Yes, someone cut the wrong tree to print Hal Jordan's first appearance. doh!

light tan to off-white <3%

cream to off-white pages 45-55%

off-white pages 30-35%

off-white to white pages <3%

white pages <1%

Amazing stats !!

Where's the Boardie who said DCs are plentiful with nice PQ ?? Was it Tim (tth2) ? :taptaptap:

What can I say, I tend to gravitate towards the top 4% of books! (shrug)

Tim, what was the PQ on your BB28 that you recently sold?

Just OW, although it was old label.

Edited by tth2

The collector community knows that the average SC22 PQ is cream-off white. From seeing all the CGC graded copies out there, I came up with these percentage. Yes, someone cut the wrong tree to print Hal Jordan's first appearance. doh!

off-white pages 30-35%

white pages <1%

Amazing stats !!

Where's the Boardie who said DCs are plentiful with nice PQ ?? Was it Tim (tth2) ? :taptaptap:

are new labels whiter :baiting:

It sure was my old copy. I've been meaning to e-mail you and let you know... unfortunatly I'm no longer a member of the SC22 club.. I had 15 copies a few month's ago and thought I'd be a lifetime member here... but now I'm all out... so scratch me off the list ( .. but I'll get another one in the future and get back in )

I thought it was....just need to confirm. Hope to see you back in the club again. (thumbs u

Looks like a solid 5.0. (thumbs u

kimik...if you look carefully on the right bottom side there is a light crease, otherwise this book has a shot a 6.5-7.0. I seen many SC22 and the PQ on this copy is blazing fresh and the texture is utmost remarkable.

I was just kidding. :devil: It is a great looking copy with white pages. (thumbs u

kimik...if you look carefully on the right bottom side there is a light crease, otherwise this book has a shot a 6.5-7.0. I seen many SC22 and the PQ on this copy is blazing fresh and the texture is utmost remarkable.

I was just kidding. :devil: It is a great looking copy with white pages. (thumbs u

It's got the cleanest and brightest grays I've seen on a 22 (of course, I've seen grays like that on an AF15 in my safe...) :whistle:

off-white pages 30-35%

white pages <1%

Amazing stats !!

I wonder if Tim slabbed it or purchased it already slabbed. I bet the PQ is near white in today's slabs...

off-white pages 30-35%

white pages <1%

Amazing stats !!

I wonder if Tim slabbed it or purchased it already slabbed. I bet the PQ is near white in today's slabs...

I purchased it slabbed. I think it was one of the earlier books slabbed by CGC. It was already there in the very first Census. I remember being absolutely stunned that there was a 9.4 copy in existence when I saw that first Census.

off-white pages 30-35%

white pages <1%

Amazing stats !!

I purchased it slabbed. I think it was one of the earlier books slabbed by CGC. It was already there in the very first Census. I remember being absolutely stunned that there was a 9.4 copy in existence when I saw that first Census.

I bet this copy if regraded may have a PQ of off-white to white pages. It's a sharp and stunning copy which will be hard to top.

It's got the cleanest and brightest grays I've seen on a 22 (of course, I've seen grays like that on an AF15 in my safe...) :whistle:

That is a great AF15 you have there sir. :headbang:

Hey kimik, are you still planning to upgrade a copy when the right copy comes along? hm

Hey kimik, are you still planning to upgrade a copy when the right copy comes along? hm

Not in the near term. I have another place I am putting my money right now. This is why I let the SC #22 CGC 2.0 go for so cheap - time is off the essence to raise last minute funds. ;)

Edited by kimik