• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

It just sold.. SOmeone got ripped off big time!

That's doh! for the buyer. Well he does offer a return policy, so maybe this buyer will return for the second time.

I hope the buyer has a black light and knows the basics for looking for trimming. He will have just enough time to open the package, inspect the books once and ship them out for a refund:

Return Policy: I don't want anyone to be unhappy with their purchase so I will allow returns if they are returned to me 4 days after receiving the comic in the exact same shape. lol

That's a short return time. One has to make sure to meet the deadline. So I suggest to have the seller ship it on Monday, for arrival no later on Thursday...so in can be mailed out express the next day. lol

He allows 4 days means nothing on Ebay, Ebay/Paypal allow 45 days including CGC books. Buyer has more power than seller on Ebay.

I was surprised that more copies did not surface after that 4.0 went for $1900 a month or so ago. lol

Here is something I promised to do some time.... While I was looking for some books, I got these two babes in my hands and decided to take some pictures with my phone. Unfortunately they did look better on my phone than they did on my computerscreen. However, here they are......

a-1.jpg

I was surprised that more copies did not surface after that 4.0 went for $1900 a month or so ago. lol

Looks like everyone wants to bank on SC22. lol

Here is something I promised to do some time.... While I was looking for some books, I got these two babes in my hands and decided to take some pictures with my phone. Unfortunately they did look better on my phone than they did on my computerscreen. However, here they are......

a-1.jpg

Awesome George! :applause:(worship) What grade is the AA16 and is the SC22 your 7.5 copy?

Hi everyone,

These are new in that I recently had them slabbed. I bought them raw several months back along with a couple of slabbed copies. There may be one of those slabbed copies in the listings, hard to remember for certain. I did have a few more but have sold them over the last couple of months. My perspective is that the book was red hot last summer/early fall, cooled off from about NOV - MAR, and then picked right up where it left off last fall. This is a bit of an unusual move in that most books I've seen over the years that have meteoric rises and then cool off, usually stay cool for quite awhile (2-3 years or more).

Best to all,

Greg

this one has been an interesting ride... I think most are confident that as the GL movie approaches, the book will "re ignite" and then, as most do, cool back down to some point (likely above current levels)... just the nature of the beast

Based on my own transactions and others I observed, the initial run up last summer was due to long time collectors finally getting off their buts and getting a copy AND the initial wave of speculators/investors staking their ground. Once the prices jumped a bit it was all in for these two groups in trying to land any copies they could find, and as we have seen now it is a tough book in even 5.0 and above.

We will probably see a slower creep this year and then have the "re ignition" Rick mentions next year as the movie hype begins. After that it will be interesting to see how far it actually pulls back, or if it can maintain AF #15 like momentum.

I bought a copy a number of months ago, was a 4.0 with OW pages if I recall. Paid what I thought was a good price at $1700.00. Then I put it in that ing atrocious Clink February auction b/c I wanted to upgrade to a 5.0 I think that was on Heritage. Anyway, my book tanked (even with the better than average PQ). Went for $1100 and I took the biggest loss of my rather short collecting career. Still pizzed about the entire experience and completely soured on what was once one of my favorite books.

I can live with losing money on books as I have done it a number of times. But to lose that much money on that book at that particular time. I'm still scratching my head over the whole thing. :cry:

Sorry to hear you got affected by the soft market (CL early February auction) I thought that 4.0 was another boardie's copies. (shrug)

The early February ComicLink was a comic crash for the SA similar to the 1987 stock market crash. It was a great opportunity to add to one's holdings. SA came back strongly one week later in the Heritage auction, but most books are still under their all time high...especially more so published between 1966-69 9.4-9.6.

These are one of the best purchases in that auction. If I recall, these are the approximate prices. Most of these low sales are not listed in there auction archives anymore.

AF15 7.5 white pages $49500

AF15 6.0 ow/w $15550

Hulk 1 9.0 ow/w $69000

Hulk 1 6.5 ow/ow $6800

Avengers 1 8.0 ow/w $6900

Avengers 1 5.0 ow $1050

Showcase 22 8.5 crm/ow $17600

Showcase 22 4.0 crm/ow $1100

X-men 1 8.0 ow/w $9950

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Yeah, that SC22 that went for $1100 was mine. I bought it off ebay from another board member. I'm not sure who the buyer was but it was a great deal for them. Not so much for me. lol

I was just really surprised by the final price. I didn't figure to make a big profit or even any profit at all as I had just gotten it not long before the Feb CLink auction. I just hoped to use the proceeds to go after a better copy. My math be off but after a 45% loss, I couldn't even take a run at the copy I wanted in the Heritage auction. Oh well.

Yeah, that SC22 that went for $1100 was mine. I bought it off ebay from another board member. I'm not sure who the buyer was but it was a great deal for them. Not so much for me. lol

I was just really surprised by the final price. I didn't figure to make a big profit or even any profit at all as I had just gotten it not long before the Feb CLink auction. I just hoped to use the proceeds to go after a better copy. My math be off but after a 45% loss, I couldn't even take a run at the copy I wanted in the Heritage auction. Oh well.

Your intention for an upgrade was wise, but it was just bad timing. I feel bad :( for you. Good things will come later. (thumbs u

Sorry, but I believe that I am the new owner of the book. :sorry:

a-1.jpg

Awesome George! :applause:(worship) What grade is the AA16 and is the SC22 your 7.5 copy?

Thank you :acclaim:

The AA is next to my 5.0 copy. I didn´t want the AA to look too shabby next to his follow-up .

yep, I would have been if not for you :baiting:

So you're the one. lol

Seriously, no reason for you to apologize. You didn't do anything wrong, just scored a good deal. I would've hoped for the same if I was on the buying end. (thumbs u