• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I have to tip my hat to the quick turnaround time on the books I dropped off at Motor City Con. I really wanted to keep this baby raw but I could never get a consensus on the grade. Fine minus works for me. :grin:

98942.jpg.b186e9260f61b1a8cc51b6f5c812dffa.jpg

I have to tip my hat to the quick turnaround time on the books I dropped off at Motor City Con. I really wanted to keep this baby raw but I could never get a consensus on the grade. Fine minus works for me. :grin:
:applause:

98942.jpg

Wow, A 5.5! :golfclap:

Green Lantern says "Welcome to the Club".

showcasecovblack-1.jpg

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I did a comparison. One is the average Showcase 22 page quality "cream to off-white pages" and the the other is a "white pages". What a big difference.

CIMG3458.jpg

I can't see the difference...........can you see the difference? lol

I like "white" pages as much as the next person, but the difference is almost imperceptable in most cases :baiting:

C'mon GAtor, you can SEE & SMELL the difference in those PQs. I mean, it's like the difference between DCDP (Diet Cherry Dr Pepper...my fave!) and CZ (Coke Zero). Of course, I'm referring to DCDP as the WPer !! lol

I like "white" pages as much as the next person, but the difference is almost imperceptable in most cases :baiting:

C'mon GAtor, you can SEE & SMELL the difference in those PQs. I mean, it's like the difference between DCDP (Diet Cherry Dr Pepper...my fave!) and CZ (Coke Zero). Of course, I'm referring to DCDP as the WPer !! lol

:signfunny:

good news if the cartoon is "good" (thumbs u

It should be G.A.tor, I watch the Cartoon Network stuff with my nine year old son and the Cartoon Network puts out quality stuff. (thumbs u

It should be a homerun and Green Lantern will now be popular with the new generation. brillant marketing move by Warner.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

It should be G.A.tor, I watch the Cartoon Network stuff with my nine year old son and the Cartoon Network puts out quality stuff. (thumbs u

It should be a homerun and Green Lantern will now be popular with the new generation. brillant marketing move by Warner.

:wishluck:

Who will be the principal GL in the cartoon - Hal (ala Batman series GL) or John (ala the JLA cartoon)? It would make more sense for Hal to be the lead GL for the movie tie in, but I wonder how many kids will be confused initially after seeing John as the only GL for a few years now?

I did a comparison. One is the average Showcase 22 page quality "cream to off-white pages" and the the other is a "white pages". What a big difference.

CIMG3458.jpg

I can't see the difference...........can you see the difference? lol

There is almost no difference. :insane:

Who will be the principal GL in the cartoon - Hal (ala Batman series GL) or John (ala the JLA cartoon)? It would make more sense for Hal to be the lead GL for the movie tie in, but I wonder how many kids will be confused initially after seeing John as the only GL for a few years now?

Good point...some of the kids who watched JLA will be confused. As ComicConnoisseur stated, this will introduce a next generation of fans and the timing is to exploit and lucrative for Time Warner

Looks like this summer will be the last chance to load up for the mega GL hype next year:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18565

Warner Bros Gearing for Green Lantern Mania

New information from the Time Warner shareholders meeting proves they are banking on Green Lantern to be their latest cross-media cash cow.

Last night, The Hollywood Reporter managed to get their hands on a few slides from the Warner Bros' investor meeting; a meeting which brought us definitive news of the studio's plans for Flash, Wonder Woman and Superman films.

One of the slides focused on their next superhero adaptation, Green Lantern, and the projected cross media campaign that will follow suit:

The Consumer Products and Games bullet points appear to go hand-in-hand with the Green Lantern film, which is scheduled for release June 17th, 2011. The most interesting points seem to be regarding two new animated ventures. During yesterday's meeting, Chairman and CEO of Time Warner's Turner Networks unit, Phil Kent, announced that Green Lantern: The Animated Series has been optioned to Cartoon Network. The slide, however, mentions that the cartoon will be of the Computer Generated variety; which gains more and more popularity with younger audiences.

The second, and most quizzical, reference is the Made-for-Video Green Lantern feature WB is planning to release a month before the live-action film hits theaters. Bruce Timm, the 'godfather' of Warner Bros. animation department, denied that any Green Lantern animated films were on the studio's production slate due to the first's under performance in sales; which contradicted earlier reports that a Green Lantern animated prequel, one that would focus on the creation of the DC universe and the Green Lantern Corps' place in it, was secretly being penned.

One thing is fairly certain, though; Warner Bros is putting a lot of stock into Green Lantern not just becoming one of their tentpole film franchises, but a household brand name along the lines of Batman.

Image courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter

I think Green Lantern has a potential to surprise a lot of folks. Amazing Fantasy 15 and Amazing Spiderman 1 did not peak till one year after the third movie. My bet is if Green Lantern makes it to a sequel, there will be great tremendous upside... unless we jump parabolic again next year and become way over value.

:preach:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I think Green Lantern has a potential to surprise a lot of folks. Amazing Fantasy 15 and Amazing Spiderman 1 did not peak till one year after the third movie. My bet is if Green Lantern makes it to a sequel, there will be great tremendous upside... unless we jump parabolic again next year and become way over value.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

(thumbs u (thumbs u

They better make a few movies. I just don't hope they switch each movie with a new GL each time and should just build on 1. I don't mind cameo's of GL's though. I'm just waiting for the SC 22 9.2 to pop up to see what the baby will sell for so I can drool over it. :) Someone has to have one out there?