• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Yea..well old label,and tied with top census..3 at 9.0,who knows what it's "really worth" after that 23 at 8.5 sold for $6k+

...looking at other 3rd appearances like Brave and Bold 30,3rd Jla, in 9.0,it's at $4k+ in 2004...

Think this 24 9.0 was "given away."

Edited by kryptospidey

Hard to put a price on it as you said. If the 9.0 had off-white pages, I say $6K+, but since light tan pages, probably $3500-4000. Light tan pages gives me :P . I paid strong for my 23 8.5. It's much harder to obtain in upper 8.0+ grade and it's the 2nd appearance of Hal Jordan.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I saw this in GPA as a For Sale "NEW" listing,and it lasted about 5 hrs i think...?

I don't think the seller did any research into a sell price,as they are not a normal comic seller...that "buy-it-now" was way too cheap if you ask me.

Highest census.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Showcase-24-CGC-9-0-Beautiful-Book-w-Green-Lantern-/120656570076?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c17b126dc

Way too cheap even for a light tan pages. Anybody here was lucky to snatch it?

Looks like it was listed for 11 hrs from what i can tell,not 5hrs..i was wrong there..listed DEC 5th 8:45 sold Dec 5th 19:43...

Old label,that's a re-sub candidate.

There's no way I'd crack out a light tan page book and resub it. It'll probably come back as an 8.5.

:eek:

I saw this in GPA as a For Sale "NEW" listing,and it lasted about 5 hrs i think...?

I don't think the seller did any research into a sell price,as they are not a normal comic seller...that "buy-it-now" was way too cheap if you ask me.

Highest census.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Showcase-24-CGC-9-0-Beautiful-Book-w-Green-Lantern-/120656570076?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c17b126dc

Way too cheap even for a light tan pages. Anybody here was lucky to snatch it?

Looks like it was listed for 11 hrs from what i can tell,not 5hrs..i was wrong there..listed DEC 5th 8:45 sold Dec 5th 19:43...

Old label,that's a re-sub candidate.

There's no way I'd crack out a light tan page book and resub it. It'll probably come back as an 8.5.

:eek:

That's true too.

I've never had luck with light tan to off white books and one that is straight light tan would be a bigger gamble.

I'm sure it's a terrific looking book though...

I've never had luck with light tan to off white books and one that is straight light tan would be a bigger gamble.

I'm sure it's a terrific looking book though...

Can't say i've ever re-subbed a book with that "low" of page quality.

I know thru the years that there has been plenty of discussion of what a books "max" grade could be due to this type of page quality...i saw the double cover Hulk 9.0/9.6 graded a 8.5 due to page quality..the ""manarino" FF 39 double cover was the same way,a 8.5/9.0 graded a 8.5...but then see other books 9.+ with the same PQ.

It seems CGC has changed stance over the years,and from what i've read,it seem Haspel is the "harsh one" regarding PQ and grade,and somewhat might explain CGC's current standards....

I think (shrug)

Edited by kryptospidey

Not quite as good as your 22 8.5 and 23 8.5 but it has nice pages and is still available. Surprised someone here didn't pluck this one at only 1 1/2 XPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350418809468&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm REALLY surprised since this is the second time this book has been sited here (shrug)