• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

As far as I can tell the main difference between high grade Marvel and DC collectors is this. In Marvel you have plenty of supply but not many can buy because they cost too much. In DC you have plenty of buyers but no one buys because you can't find them.

I'm proud to say I've never been (in any point in my life) a Marvel Zombie! (thumbs u

......there's still time....it'll feel good and natural :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think most of us, if not all, in this thread started out as Marvel Zombies, but moved into a higher state of civilized existence with DCs.

Well... this is more like a feed the compulsion for me. I... love... collecting... keys! lol

Now, I think you'd have a stronger case if you said GA DCs... those are harder to argue against (though I still love my Marvels!)

As far as I can tell the main difference between high grade Marvel and DC collectors is this. In Marvel you have plenty of supply but not many can buy because they cost too much. In DC you have plenty of buyers but no one buys because you can't find them.

Marvel is price xxx times and DC has xxx collectors, but DC has ---supply. Marvel is fully valued right now. hm

Edited by showcase22gr1959

The only snag though is there always seems to be plenty of SA DC... in low /mid grade. I think if I was a HIGH grade collector, there would be a fantastic field to hunt in with SA DC.

This is why SA DC are way more fun. You can chase for years to find HG copies of some books. With SA Marvel, you can put a HG run of any title together in 24 - 48 hours if you have a big enough cheque book.

The only snag though is there always seems to be plenty of SA DC... in low /mid grade. I think if I was a HIGH grade collector, there would be a fantastic field to hunt in with SA DC.

Yes, more SA DC in lower grade. Supply of early SA DC dwarfs Marvels SA, but Marvels has greater demand since it's more mainstream right now.

This is why SA DC are way more fun. You can chase for years to find HG copies of some books. With SA Marvel, you can put a HG run of any title together in 24 - 48 hours if you have a big enough cheque book.

Yeah...when HG DC because available xxx. SA DC keys in 7.0's are like Marvel 8.0's. Marvel 9.8 is like DC 9.4.

Aye and there be the rub! I teach so my check book helps set the parameters for my hunt. No need to wade into the high grade market for a collecting challenge here :grin:

Collecting high grade SA DC is a soul-sapping, spirit-breaking experience.

Tim knows best how it feels. (worship)

Before or after selling them off? You did very well in accumulating a great collection. (worship)

Before or after selling them off? You did very well in accumulating a great collection. (worship)

Butt kissing flipper.

:baiting:

It was one of the reasons I sold them off. Collecting them became just too damn hard. Part of the fun was the challenge, but when you go for years without adding a single new copy to a particular title that you collect, you start to lose the thrill.

Butt kissing flipper.

:baiting:

Thanks. :acclaim:

I was looking at doing a HG SA DC run a few years back but got disinterested due to a lack of supply. I did have a few nice copies that were tied/highest graded at that time, but nothing close to his collection, and some of the books I was interested in were locked away for a while. I do not have the patience to wait. Still have too much of the Marvel fanboy need for easy instant gratification in me I guess. :devil:

Edited by kimik