• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

My submission did get bumped to "scheduled for grading" today so :wishluck: I'll at least have the grades by the end of next week.

Nice! Looks like your books has been graded already and you can call in for the grades. (thumbs u

If he's able to see the status as "scheduled for grading",as soon as it changes to "graded",if it hasn't already, he should be able to see the grades and not have to call. (shrug)

Edited by kryptospidey

My submission did get bumped to "scheduled for grading" today so :wishluck: I'll at least have the grades by the end of next week.

Nice! Looks like your books has been graded already and you can call in for the grades. (thumbs u

If he's able to see the status as "scheduled for grading",as soon as it changes to "graded",if it hasn't already, he should be able to see the grades and not have to call. (shrug)

From my experience, most of the time I can during CGC business hours and find out the grades after schedule for grading shows up. Depends if they have just started the grading or finished it that day. If the schedule of grading showed early in the day, most likely the books are done graded and you may call for the grades.

It's just listed as scheduled for grading. I can call and get the grades now? I don't have to wait for it to change to graded?

If you call tomorrow morn...you should be able to find out the grades. (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

It's just listed as scheduled for grading. I can call and get the grades now? I don't have to wait for it to change to graded?

Although grades are final when the order ships. You can call when it says scheduled for grading as they will have grades for you.

Sweet!!! :banana: I never knew that!

It did switch late in the day. I checked in the morning and early afternoon and it was still verified. I was adding some books to my registry a little while ago and checked it for and giggles and it had switched.

If you call tomorrow morn...you should be able to find out the grades. (thumbs u

FYI, CGC is closed tomorrow, Dec 31st.

FYI, CGC is closed tomorrow, Dec 31st.

:o Looks like sufunk have to wait till Monday. :sorry:

Psst, do you have an invoice #? With that you can try entering that # as a book, adding "001" to the end of it. My last three books I got that way after receiving the shipped email. I only had an invoice #, from Matt N. of CI. All CGC books start with 001 added to the seven digit invoice #, followed by "002" etc. Night,

Psst, do you have an invoice #? With that you can try entering that # as a book, adding "001" to the end of it. My last three books I got that way after receiving the shipped email. I only had an invoice #, from Matt N. of CI. All CGC books start with 001 added to the seven digit invoice #, followed by "002" etc. Night,

That works if the books are in a Shipped status but not before. Remember the grades are not final until shipped. At this point they have probably not been encapsulated yet and they are not in the system to look up grades or enter into the registry. Good trick though, I've used it also.

That is a AWESOME trick! never thought of that!

I have always noticed that the last 3 digits are numbered within your submission but never put 2 and 2 together and realized that the 1st 7 numbers were your invoice number.

How do i know which is which though?

I did 30 books on this one so how do i know which slot in my registry to put the 001 book in out of the 30???

Should be in the same order as the invoice you submitted.

Thank you!

It isnt working now, it says "cert# not found in our database" but definitely good to know for the future. Looks like I'm waiting until Monday.

How do i know which is which though?

I did 30 books on this one so how do i know which slot in my registry to put the 001 book in out of the 30???

Should be in the same order as the invoice you submitted.

Thank you!

It isnt working now, it says "cert# not found in our database" but definitely good to know for the future. Looks like I'm waiting until Monday.

Yes, per my post above it will not work until the books are marked as shipped.

Also, when you call on Monday, be aware that the grades can change by the time the books ship. Though not often, it does happen. They are not official until shipped. Good luck.

Thanks Bob, so CGC doesn't make them official until when they ship them out. Night,

yup...I have had a few grades that changed and a few "can't slab them because of the overhang cover"

not a lot but things can change and hopefully for the better. Most of the time it was for the better for me (thumbs u