• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Looking at the book, my question is how does something with that chip and huge fugly crease, along with a nasty stain (tape inside cover?) on the lower spine (more noticeable back cover), plus the other wear shown in the photos, get a 6.0 in the first place?

Yeah, book is gross :sick:

I don't know if anyone saw this and maybe a boardie was lucky to snatched this.

A buy it now for only $2495.

:news:http://cgi.ebay.com/Showcase-22-CGC-6-0-1st-Silver-Age-Green-Lantern-/260725440321?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb4727f41

:cry: It does look kinda weird, and the scan is pretty bad, and that corner crease and chip hm

. . . but there it is, right there on the slab, 6.0 (shrug)

I agree with all, it's a weak 6.0. The long crease in the top corner is a bit hard on the eyes. The price paid is a steal like the SC24 9.0 tan copy. There are only 12 6.0's and it this copy was graded in 2003, and is the only third graded 6.0 copy offered in the last three year. This is the first bargain SC22 6.0 ever to hit the market. The Mark Wilson SC22 6.0 sold in 2008 for $3250 and looks much better than this copy and of course this is 2011. Right now, a SC22 5.0 can't not be bought for less than $2500, so paying $2500 for a soft 6.0 (5.5) is not bad.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

According to feedback last sale by seller was back in Apr-18-09. I wonder if this could be a scam, or so-called hilacked account? I hope for the sake of the buyer it is not.

:news: I guess not, since seller (bryans999) already has received positive feedback from buyer (nikatnight81) who is on first name basis with seller ???

"Very Nice! Thank you again, Bryan!!! Everything was Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buyer:

Member id nikatnight81"

Wow, what a deal doh!

According to feedback last sale by seller was back in Apr-18-09. I wonder if this could be a scam, or so-called hilacked account? I hope for the sake of the buyer it is not.

:news: seller (Default User image

Member id bryans999) already has received feedback,from buyer (nikatnight81) who is on first name basis with seller ???

"Very Nice! Thank you again, Bryan!!! Everything was Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buyer:

Member id nikatnight81"

Seems legit.Buyer's feedback stats are mostly GL purchases recently,and notes Fast payment.

Likely was paid instantly with Buy-it-now and mailed Express the next day,Friday,and received yesterday....seems legit to me.

Ditto, and the buyer will likely know that, and resell it soon. Most buyers would see that as an upgrade opportunity, and sell it soon. So where to look, an upcoming auction, eBay again if it's a big name seller, or where?

Definitely a great upgrade opportunity since most copies are always 4.0 and under. Don't know, but I wouldn't be surprise if goes up into auction or resold soon as you said.

:news: seller (Default User image

Member id bryans999) already has received feedback,from buyer (nikatnight81) who is on first name basis with seller ???

Member id nikatnight81"

Seems legit.Buyer's feedback stats are mostly GL purchases recently,and notes Fast payment.

Likely was paid instantly with Buy-it-now and mailed Express the next day,Friday,and received yesterday....seems legit to me.

I agree, this one is a good one and I bet it sold in lightning speed.

Likely was paid instantly with Buy-it-now and mailed Express the next day,Friday,and received yesterday

I agree, this one is a good one and I bet it sold in lightning speed.

Before someone could write the seller and offer him double to kill the other deal lol

On the bright side, this sale will be noted on GPA and may lower the price of a 6.0 for those looking for a copy :grin:

Doubt it...

The 24 9.0 LT sold for a low price also, then resold a week later for more than double.

The GPA data did nothing for it's value,so doubt this "off mark" sale will have any affect on a 22's value.

On the bright side, this sale will be noted on GPA and may lower the price of a 6.0 for those looking for a copy :grin:

Doubt it...

The 24 9.0 LT sold for a low price also, then resold a week later for more than double.

The GPA data did nothing for it's value,so doubt this "off mark" sale will have any affect on a 22's value.

I know.. I was just kidding :foryou:

Doubt it...

True, those kind of odd prices usually don't affect the short term sales, for people who see the GPA data.

They will affect the averages for the past year averages, and older data. Meaning beyond very recent data, most people do not inspect the longer term data for those odd prices. Most people look just at the yearly averages or the curve, which has those odd prices in them.

I appreciate the GPA price curves, but I wish they included much more data. CLink is a large enough neglected pool of data that GPA is flawed, factually flawed.

Ideally with the proper data, I'd like to see two price curves, similar to the one that GPA shows for each grade. There should be one that uses straight lines to connect actual prices on a time line. But the one I want to see is an interpolation of that data plot, one that smooths out the peaks. What GPA does now looks like an artistic curve from each price point to the next, which is not an interpolation. It's just pretty, I want the most useful data, not art.

That's why long ago I expressed a desire to see a competitor to GPA, somebody to step up and produce a more useful price curve. GPA is clearly satisfied with what they provide, they are not going to change it without being forced to. Regards,

Yeah, I was fortunate enough to grab it. The seller was very nice and a stand up guy. He didn't tell me, but I have a feeling that someone contacted him after I bought the book and told him that it is worth considerably more than the selling price. When he sent me the tracking # he told me that I should make a nice profit on it. He didn't seem vindictive and he honored the sell with great service. It was either that he wanted to move the book fast or someone contacted him.

As far as selling the books goes, I am going to decide this week.

As far as the book itself goes, if it wasn't for the chip missing at the top this book would have been higher. At least 7.0, But I would not rule out 8.0. Great Colors and Structure. I will have some more pics soon. The pics in the original listing do not do this book justice. I took this one on my iphone yesterday after I received it in the mail.

photo-1.jpg

Yeah, I was fortunate enough to grab it. The seller was very nice and a stand up guy. He didn't tell me, but I have a feeling that someone contacted him after I bought the book and told him that it is worth considerably more than the selling price. When he sent me the tracking # he told me that I should make a nice profit on it. He didn't seem vindictive and he honored the sell with great service. It was either that he wanted to move the book fast or someone contacted him.

As far as the book itself goes, if it wasn't for the chip missing at the top this book would have been higher. At least 7.0, But I would not rule out 8.0. Great Colors and Structure. I will have some more pics soon. The pics in the original listing do not do this book justice. I took this one on my iphone yesterday after I received it in the mail.

photo-1.jpg

Great book and great buy, really hope you decide to keep it. Way too much flipping going on and it would be nice for someone who got a great deal to keep a book like this one in their long term collection.

That crease looks pretty big... even without the chip it's hard to see the book above the 6.5 range I think.

photo-1.jpg

Congrats!

Green Lanterns says "Welcome to the the club." :applause:

showcasecovblack-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Great book and great buy, really hope you decide to keep it. Way too much flipping going on and it would be nice for someone who got a great deal to keep a book like this one in their long term collection.

That crease looks pretty big... even without the chip it's hard to see the book above the 6.5 range I think.

Yeah, I will get some more pics of that crease. It is really weird. It is not a full crease and the lines are really thin and shallow, almost like abrasions.

I want to keep it, but there are some other factors weighing.

Thank you though, sir!