• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Is the Showcase #24 CGC 8.0 that JHV Associates has up on eBay a new copy or one from a recent auction? It is a nice looking copy with OW pages.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Showcase-24-CGC-8-0-OW-Pages-3rd-SA-GL-Appearance-/350421580883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5196c0fc53

That was my original copy, from my personal collection and submitted by me.

It's never been in auction.

That 4.0 looked very weak for the grade so the final price was okay with me. It was basically a 3.5 in a 4.0 label from the looks of the chipping. Looks like people are buying the book instead of the label. :o

Looking at the damage, the paper is probably a bit tanned on the inside therefore the corners will flake off more easily........either that or we can say bug/rat chew instead. lol

In any case, it looks like a weak 4.0 based on the scans and sold accordingly.

Now, only if a 5.0 with average eye appeal can sell under $3K, which has not happen this year.

That 6.0 for 2500$ had me worried a little a couple months back but I still think it was an anomaly rather than a trend as evidenced by a 5.0 selling for close to 4000$ last month

New low sale on ebay. Just when I thought the price was going up again. doh!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150569556149&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Having it listed only in the "By Publisher>DC" area probably didn't help the book either....lots of times i'm only looking thru the "superhero" section to weed out all the other stuff.... it may have had less known buyers or watchers by being listed this way....just my thought.

Now, only if a 5.0 with average eye appeal can sell under $3K, which has not happen this year.

That 6.0 for 2500$ had me worried a little a couple months back but I still think it was an anomaly rather than a trend as evidenced by a 5.0 selling for close to 4000$ last month

Yeah, the 6.0 at $2500 is an anomaly. Here's some 5.0's sales the last 18 months.

5.0 crm Ebay $3700 2/2/11 ($3960 on GPA)

5.0 ow Heritage 2/25/10 $3107.00

5.0 ow Comic Connect 9/26/09 $3100

5.0 ow boardie $3000 8/5/10

5.0 crm/ow Quality Comics $2875 8/22/10

5.0 crm Ebay 5/19/10 $2800

5.0 Quality Comics crm/ow 10/5/09 $2751

On another note. 5.0+ are investment grade and considered upper mid-grade for SC22. 6.0-7.0 are considered high grade and 7.5-9.0 are upper high grade. Unless many show up in 9.2+ and will invalidate this theory. 2c

Edited by showcase22gr1959

No, Tec #27. (thumbs u

Going to be really low grade...maybe a 1.0-1.8 ish. hm

Go for it. Although, you really do need an Action #1 to complete your early Supes cover set............

No, Tec #27. (thumbs u

Going to be really low grade...maybe a 1.0-1.8 ish. hm

Go for it. Although, you really do need an Action #1 to complete your early Supes cover set............

With how prices are these days...I'll be content of what I already own.